RULES & REGULATIONS OF KOMTAR TOWER INTERNATIONAL TOWERTHON CHALLENGE 2019
1. The KOMTAR TOWER INTERNATIONAL TOWERTHON CHALLENGE 2019 ("the Event") is organised by LA VINTAGE EVENT SDN BHD ("the Organiser").
2. By signing up for and providing any information, personal or otherwise, in order to gain access to any product(s) and/or service(s) and/or participate in any programme(s), event(s), talk(s), demonstration(s) or any other activities involving the Organiser and the Event sponsors ("the Sponsors"), the individual ("the Participant") is deemed to have given explicit permission for the Organiser and the Sponsors to collect, analyse, collate, share, disclose to third parties, sell and/or otherwise use without any liability to the individual, any personal information relating to that individual as may in its sole discretion deem fit, including without any limitation for its programmes, planning, data-processing and statistical or risk-analysis, research, fund-raising and/or any other purposes in furtherance of the functions. The Organiser and the Sponsors declare by virtue of being the Event owner or sponsor, they can use services of third parties;
2.1 For development or implementation of programmes, products or services as it may deem necessary;
2.2 For outsourcing of any programme(s), event(s), talk(s), demonstration(s) and/or any activities;
2.3 For promotional, marketing and/or administrative purposes;
2.4 For all purposes as required by law, including without limitation court proceedings, criminal investigations or prosecutions or where so ordered by any competent authority;
2.5 In connection with any proposed notation, assignment, transfer, sale, lease, license, partnership, joint-organising and/or any collaboration where and when required in relation thereto.
3. By signing up for the Event, the Participant agrees that the Organiser might post the full race results on the website after the race.
4. The Organiser reserves the right to modify or substitute any of these Rules and Regulations of the Event from time to time as they deem fit. If there is ambiguity in any of the provisions, the Organiser shall be the authority to interpret and in doing so, the Organiser will take into account the interests of all the affected Participants. Any updates on the Rules and Regulations of the Event will be notified on the official Event's REGISTRATION PORTAL, and it is the responsibility of the affected Participant to keep abreast with any changes.
5. Completion of the official entry form, including online registration, confirms the Participant's agreement to abide by all the relevant Rules and Regulations of the Organiser.
6. Registration for the race is only confirmed upon payment made and upon issuance of a race identification number.
7. In consideration of the Participants use of the Event's registration portal, the Participants agree to;
7.1 Provide true, accurate, current and complete information contained in any registration form (such information being the "Registration data")
7.2 Maintain the security of their password and identification; and
7.3 Maintain and promptly update the registration data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. The Organiser may contact the Participants from time to time by email. Any notice sent to the email address registered with the Organiser shall be deemed as received by the Participants. If the Participants provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, obsolete or incomplete, or the Organiser has grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, obsolete or incomplete, the Organiser may suspend or terminate their registration and refuse any and all current or future use of the Event's website (or any parts thereof) without any refund of registration fee.
8 The Organiser reserves the right to cancel or postpone the Event at any time without prior notice to the Participants, in which case the Organiser will make effort to inform the Participants prior to the date of the Event. If the Event has to be cancelled or postponed, there shall be no refunds of fees or donations paid unless the Organiser deems fit to give a refund and the Organiser shall not be held liable for any loss or inconvenience caused.
9 There will strictly be no refunds available if the Event is cancelled for reason of force majeure i.e. due to occurrence of incidents that are beyond the control of the Organiser or acts of God which renders it impossible or unsafe to hold the Event.
10 The Organiser reserves the right to amend the Event race routes as they deem fit for the safety of the Participants and/or to prevent any potential hazards in the running of the Event, at any time without prior notice to the Participants. In such cases, every effort will be made to inform the Participants prior to the date of the Event. The Organiser shall not be held liable for any loss or inconvenience caused due to such changes.
11 While every reasonable precaution will be taken by the Organiser to ensure the Participants' safety, Participants run solely at their own risk and the Organiser will not be responsible or held liable for any injury or death howsoever arising from training for, during, or after participation in the Event. Participants are strongly encouraged to go for a medical examination and/or consult their medical practitioner prior to registration and before the actual Event Day.
12 The form on the reverse side of the Participant's running bib must be completed in full and accurately. Participants must wear the assigned bib number visibly on his/her chest at all times. Participants who do not display bib numbers will be taken off the course by security officers/officials and immediately disqualified.
13 If the Participant's original bib number is lost or cannot be found during Race Entry Pack Collection, the Organiser reserves the right to replace it with a spare bib number. The Organiser reserves the right to amend or substitute any Participant's running bib at any time without prior notice to the Participant.
14 Once registration has been duly processed, there will be strictly no refunds of fees and donations for Participants who do not eventually participate in the Event for whatever reason.
15 The Organiser reserves the right to use any photographs (including those of Participants), motion pictures, recordings, or any other media records of the Event, for any legitimate purpose including commercial advertising and distribution to Sponsors anywhere in the world.
16 The Organiser reserves the right to limit and/or refuse entry to the Event and/or other programme(s), event(s), talk(s), demonstration(s) or any other activities involving the Organiser and the event sponsors without giving any reason and/or notice.
17 The Organiser will not entertain nor be in any way responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete or inaccurate entry details in the registration form.
18. The Organiser reserves the right to cancel and/or add any race category without prior notice to the Participants.
19. Participants are strictly not allowed to transfer their race entries to another party or change race categories after their registrations are confirmed.
20 Participant who commences to run before the actual flag-off of his/her registered race category will be immediately disqualified. (Please refer to individual race category start times).
21. Participants must be 18 years old - 79 years old as of Event Day to participate in the International Men & International Women Category.
22. Participants must be 18 years old - 39 years old as of Event Day to participate in the Men Open Category and 18 years old - 34 years old as of Event Day to participate in the Women Open Category.
23. Participants must be 40 years old - 49 years old as of Event Day to participate in the Men’s Junior Veteran Category and 50 years old - 79 years old as of Event Day to participate in the Men’s Senior Veteran Category.
24. Participants must be 35 years old - 79 years old as of Event Day to participate in the Women’s VeteranCategory.
25. Participants must be 13 years old - 17 years old as of Event Day to participate in the Boys’ Junior & Girls’ Junior Category.
26. The Organiser will not be responsible for any loss and/or damage, personal or otherwise, to the belongings and items deposited at the event baggage storage provided for the runners. The Organiser also reserves the right to check any item or baggage deposited.
25. All Participants must collect their Race Entry Pack which contains their bib number, timing chip (attached to the back of your bib number), running t-shirt, and other sponsored items during Race Pack Collection (RPC) during the pre-determined period and location as stipulated on the Event's website.
26. All Race Entry Packs not collected during RPC will be deemed to be unwanted, and the Organiser shall be at liberty to dispose or re-distribute them accordingly.
27. General rules for KOMTAR TOWER INTERNATIONAL TOWERTHON CHALLENGE 2019:
27.1. Each Participant is allowed to win only one prize-money award.
27.2. The Organiser reserves the right to replace any winners if he/she is found to be disqualified.
27.3. Prize winners must report to the prize giving zone as stipulated In the published results. In case a runner fails to do so, the Organiser may donate the cash prize money to charity.
27.4. All prize-winning Participants must present their original identification document (such as Passport or MyKad) to collect their prize money.
27.5. For prize winners or possible prize winners, disputes and appeals must be made within 30 minutes of the published results on the results notice board on-site or immediately after the prize presentation, whichever is earlier, failing which the Organiser reserves the right not to entertain any disputes or appeals thereafter.
27.6. The timing chip is a single-use, disposable device attached to the back of the bib. Participants must wear the assigned bib number visibly on his/her chest. Participants must make sure that the bib is not covered with a jacket or his/her arms when running over the timing mats,
27.7. All Participants who successfully complete the run will be awarded a finisher medal upon presentation of their bib number to the respective staff.
27.8. All finisher medals must be collected on Event Day and no requests will be entertained thereafter.
27.9. All Participants who successfully complete the race will be awarded an e-certificate. The e-certificate will be made available on the website.
RULES & REGULATIONS
KOMTAR TOWER INTERNATIONAL TOWERTHON CHALLENGE 2019
1. Chip System
1.1 All runners will be given a timing chip which is attached to their running bib.
1.2 Distribution days for chips and running numbers are from the 30 August 2019 (Friday) & 31 August 2019 (Saturday) race pack collection booth at KOMTAR Tower Lobby.
1.3 Results and times are based on the data retrieved from the timing chip. Runners without a timing chip will not be allowed to participate.
1.4 In order to be timed, all runners must pass through the start timing mat and finishing timing mat. Failure to pass through the mat will result in time and position in the race not being recorded.
2. Reporting Procedures
2.1 General reporting starts at 06.30am, however runners are allowed to report 30 minutes before the Flag Off of your respective category.
The Start of the First Group is Category A (International’s Men ) at 07:00am. This means, all runners in Category A should report by 06.30am
2.2 Please be informed that starting times will commence in groups according to each category, hence latecomers will not be entertained.
2.3 Runners that start the race with a group other than their designated one will be automatically disqualified. However, consideration will be made only if permission is given by the organizers, which is subject to terms and conditions.
As the staircases are very narrow, starting will commence in category and bib numbers will determine which group runners belong in. Runners will be reminded of this at the starting point as well. The winner of each category is based on the fastest time.
4.1 Only (1) piece of the running number will be issued and it must be worn on the chest area, whereby it should be able to be seen very clearly from a distance by the Technical Officials.
4.2 By using the four (4) pins provided, all the corners of the running number must be pinned onto the running attire.
4.3 Runners that use running numbers other than the ones designated to them would be automatically disqualified
5.1 Water will be provided at the start and the finish.
5.2 Water Stations will also be placed at Level 10, Level 20, Level 30, Level 40 & Level 50 and should be consumed on the spot.
5.3 Due to the fact that the race route will be conducted on cemented staircases, water will not be allowed to be carried along during the climb
5.4 Technical Officials will check and remove any type of refreshment apparatus being brought along by runners.
5.5 This safety precaution is necessary to avoid any spilling or contamination of the running route that could be hazardous to participants.
6. Safety Arrangements
6.1 Runners that do not feel too good or feel unwell should immediately stop from competing in the race.
6.2 First aid members will be stationed at every floor on the staircase.
6.3 If a runner is unable to continue, please stop and hand over your running number to the First Aid staff and seek their assistance to get to the Main Medical Centre stationed at the ground floor.
7. Unable to continue
7.1 For any reason, if you are unable to continue the run, you are allowed to stop at the following levels : Level 10, Level 20, Level 30, Level 40 & Level 50
7.2 Kindly remove your number and hand it over to a Paramedic or to a Technical Official stationed at these levels.
8. The End Point (Level 57)
As soon you pass the timing mat, you will be ushered to the high speed elevator. You will receive your finishing medal at Level 3 Medal counter before you exit from the emergency exit to Level 3 podium area. Due to the limited space, runners MUST exit the finishing area immediately by proceeding to 6 unit high speed elevator.