Date: March 12th to 15th, 2015
Venue: ISKL Melawati Campus, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
In this Adaptive Schools Foundation Seminar workshop, learn how to build strong collaborative and caring work cultures, in which results-oriented faculties work together for continuous school improvement. Explore the latest practical findings in organizational development, team learning and navigating the currents of change.
Participants will learn practical frameworks and tools for developing collaborative groups that bring collective responsibility in student learning. Leaders and group members will learn ways to influence and attain more productive and satisfying meetings in which members develop new norms and skills for collegial interaction, goal clarification, problem-solving and decision-making. Working in a variety of settings, skilled and confident facilitators will increase their ability to accelerate group development.
This workshop is specially designed to support site administrators, teachers, district and agency personnel and staff developers who convene and manage work teams, site councils, shared decision making groups and faculty committees.
Student Learning Outcomes:
• An increased capacity to initiate, develop and sustain high functioning groups
• New lenses for diagnosing the stages and phases of group development
• An expanded repertoire of practical facilitation tools
• Understandings of when and how to engage groups in dialogue and discussion, the limitations, forms and values of each
• Skills to move groups beyond consensus to common focus
• Ways to value and use dissension, argument and conflict
• Strategies for keeping group members on track, on topic, energized and resourceful