Advance Service Learning Workshop: Exploring Concepts Deeply with Cathy Berger Kaye will be organized at International School of Kuala Lumpur Secondary on 16 - 17 January 2016.
* Moving from ideas to purposeful action: this is the heart of service learning. Educators across the globe continue to seek ways to add depth and meaning to the learning process. We seek advanced strategies to compel understandings that are applicable to the dense and complex issues facing our communities. We want to know how to sustain and value the cultures - histories and traditions - around us. Service learning becomes a vehicle for moving our academics forward with a high level together will go further with exploring the five stages of service learning, to strengthen the ways we investigate issues and then apply the five stages of service learning, to strengthen the ways we investigate issues and then apply the five elements of effective thinking to preparation and planning. Capturing and telling the service learning stories will also be explored.
* Student Learning Outcomes:
- Identify the Essential Elements and Five Stages of Service Learning as viable to advance content knowledge and reinforce transferable skills
design a plan for service learning with explicit transdisciplinary academic/curricular connections
- Integrate engaging teaching methods, literature and 21st century skill development within the service learning process
- Clarify and define reflection and demonstrations integral to service learning and classroom practice
* For ticket information, please visit to this website http://www.eventbrite.com/e/advance-service-learning-workshop-exploring-concepts-deeply-with-cathy-berger-kaye-tickets-16215209127?aff=es2