DIB (Deaf-in-Business) Social Enterprise was established in January 2011, and started with a restaurant operated by Deaf personnel. Currently, DIB Restaurant is located at 1st Floor Menara Gamuda, PJ Trade Centre, Damansara Perdana. As of todate, DIB has trained and employed more than 40 deaf personnel, and many have started their own cafe and restaurant.
Since 2011, we have operated by self-funding and every 2 years, we will organise our famous Musical Nites to raise funds to sustain our project. However, 2018 is a very special year for Malaysia and thus we decided to have a bigger gathering and thus chose Pusat Komuniti Bukit Damansara as the venue.
Due to the size of the Ballroom, we are limiting only to 300 pax (would love to have 550 pax but .....next time ya). Even then, it will be a new record for Malaysia - 300 pax drum circle playshop by non-musicians.
So do hurry and book your tickets before they run out. By the way, everybody gets to play a real musical drum. WARNING: Strangers will become friends!
OBJECTIVES OF THIS DIB CHARITY EVENT - SIMFONI HARAPAN
- To raise funds to setup DIB Pizza, which will be staffed by Deaf personnel (probably the 1st Pizza joint in Malaysia operated by 95% Deaf staff)
- To gather the community, comprising of different races, gender and religions, to celebrate the "Malaysian First" Spirit through the Simfoni Harapan, which shall be conducted by Drum Circle Playshop (DCP) Expert Goteams International facilitated by Dr. Allen Teh. In a matter of less than 2 hours, the entire group shall expect to play in unison like a Band, despite a lack of musical talents. T.E.A.M = Together We Achieve Miracles
- Attempt to set a new record of > 300 pax drum circle playshop in Malaysia
- An opportunity for family and friends to gather, to enjoy good food, fun and music.
- Small companies may just use this occasion for their Annual Dinner and Teambuilding event, by buying a few tables.
|DRESS THEME : NITE OF MANY COLOURS (come dressed in your most colourful attire)|
|600pm - 645pm||Arrival of guests @ Dewan D' Lavendar, Pusat Komuniti Bukit Damansara|
|645pm - 715pm|
- Welcoming Address by Dr Allen Teh, Founder of DIB (Deaf-in-Business) Malaysia
- Special Address by YB Hannah Yeoh (Guest of Honour)
|715pm - 800pm|
- Halal Buffet Dinner (Western & Malaysian ) Non-Veg & Vegetarian
- Prepared by Deaf staff from DIB Restaurant
- Blind pianist Colin Ng shall perform on stage during dinner time
|800pm - 945pm|
- SIMFONI HARAPAN - Drum Circle Playshop by Goteams International
- Every guest will be invited to participate. Everyone gets to use a real musical hand-drum
- Hitting Orchestra Level >> Pushing the limit to 1st Class Orchestra
- Presenting to you "SIMFONI HARAPAN" - What a MIracle!
|945pm - 1100pm|
- 8 Piece Band - "THE YOUNG ONCE" will take over the rest of the night
- Retro Oldies and Music and dance party
THE EVENT THEME
The theme for the event is "NITE OF MANY COLOURS". So all guests are encouraged to come in your most colourful clothes, dresses and headgears. Our Designer Judges will go around looking for the "MOST COLOURFUL MALE AND FEMALE DRUMMER". BIG Prizes are prepared. Worth all your trouble to dress up!
Buffet Dinner shall be Western and Malaysian, and prepared by Deaf staff from DIB (Deaf-in-Business) Restaurant. Their abilities to cook and serve the guests shall be amazing, and eye opening.
THE DRUM CIRCLE PLAYSHOP EVENT - SIMFONI HARAPAN
After the dinner, guests shall be invited to participate in the Drum Circle Playshop, where each shall be given a musical drum to play. Facilitated by Master Drum Circle Playshop Facilitator Dr. Allen Teh, the entire group will learn and transform with the ultimate goal of reaching the "IMPOSSIBLE" Orchestra level where the entire group shall play in unison like a band. What a miracle despite a lack of musical talents. Imagine what people can do when they work together as one, fixing their minds on one single goal and all fired up with the "CAN-DO" spirit. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you "SIMFONI HARAPAN".
To end the evening, the newly formed Orchestra shall jam with YOUNG ONCE, a 8-piece band comprising of mostly retiree musicians.
THE "YOUNG ONCE" 8 PIECE BAND
Comprising of mostly retirees, this band is best when it comes to Retro music and songs. They have supported every single Musical Nights organised by DIB Restaurant, and they have so willingly agreed to perform at our SIMFONI HARAPAN. Be ready for a wonderful night to remember.