A growing number of leaders are placed in a position of responsibility and asked to serve as leaders with expectations that are constantly increasing. Leaders are expected to demonstrate extensive knowledge, allocate rewards, achieve organizational objectives and provide exemplary leadership to others amongst many other responsibilities. High competency in communicating, influencing, motivating others and managing emotions in the workplace thrust leaders to become mentors as well. Therefore, exceptional leadership calls for high emotional intelligence leaders that have sound judgment and reasoning. This programme seeks to help delegates:
- Keep a relationship productive by cultivating emotional intelligence at work
- Recognize stress levels and keep it under control
- Exchange communication using emotionally intelligent language
- Pick up social cues and responding appropriately to them
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- This programme is designed for all managers and leaders seeking to raise their barometer of emotional intelligence
- Individuals who desire to develop emotional intelligence in all aspects of their work and personal life
- Assess your own self-awareness and communication style
- Apply emotional intelligence in your work and personal life for a healthy balance
- Maintain your emotional energy to motivate and lead team members towards achieving organizational goals
- Develop authentic and credible leadership to build trust within team members
- Develop skills in responding to feedback
- Emotional resilience to handle challenges
This programme will involve the use of slides, handout material, work manual with all instructor notes and slides, examples of best practice and appropriate video/DVD material. The use of flip-charts, syndicate workshops and reporting back sessions will encourage a fully participative and enjoyable event. Delegates will be encouraged to participate actively in relating previous work experiences.