1) Our Commitment to You
2) Defining Personal Information
3) What Kind of Personal Information We Collect For us to provide you with our Products and/or Services and to operate in an efficient and effective manner by providing you with the best service possible, we need to collect relevant personal information from you. The personal information collected by us may include (but is not limited to) the following: -
- contact information such as your name, date of birth, identification supporting documents (including NRIC or passport number), gender, nationality and race, preferred language, current private and/or business address, installation address, telephone or mobile phone number, fax number, email address
- your credit card information and bank account details
- your mobile phone numbers
4) When and How We Collect Your Personal Information?
We may collect personal information directly from you when you: -
- communicate with us (for example when you submit an application form to receive our newsletter, or when you contact us for any enquiries)
- enter or participate in any competitions, contests or loyalty programmes run/organised by us
- register interest and/or request for information of (through our online portals or other available channels) or subscribe to our Products and/or Services
- respond to any marketing materials we send out
- commence a business relationship with us (for example, as a service provider/business partner)
- visit or browse our websites
- lodge a complaint with us
- provide feedback to us (for example via our websites or in hard copy)
Other than personal information obtained from you directly (as detailed above), we may also obtain your personal information from third parties we deal with or are connected with you (credit reference agencies or financial institutions), and from such other sources where you have given your consent for the disclosure of information relating to you, and/or where otherwise lawfully permitted.
5) How We Use Your Personal Information
- to verify your identity
- to assess and process your application(s) /request(s) for our Products and/or Services
- to provide you with the Products and/or Services you have requested
- to keep in contact with you and provide you with any information you have requested
- to engage in business transactions in respect of Products and/or Services to be offered and provided to you
- to establish and better manage any business relationship we may have with you
- to process any communications you send us (for example, answering any queries and dealing with any complaints and feedbacks)
- to conduct marketing activities (for example, market research)
- to maintain records required for security, claims or other legal purposes
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements
For any other purposes that is required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities
6) Disclosure of Your Personal Information
As a part of providing you with our Products and/or Services and the management and/or operation of the same, we may be required or need to disclose information about you to the following third parties:
- law enforcement agencies
- government agencies
- companies and/or organizations that act as our agents, contractors, service providers and/or professional advisers
- companies and/or organizations that assist us in processing and/or otherwise fulfilling transactions and providing you with Products and/or Services that you have requested or subscribed for
- our business associates and other parties for purposes that are related to the purpose of collecting and using your personal information
- other parties in respect of whom you have given your express or implied consent subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to Run Towards 17 Goals
7) Direct Marketing
We may use your personal information to provide you with information about our and third-party services and/or products, which may be of interest to or benefit you, except where otherwise requested or notified by you.
In certain instances, we may disclose your personal information to our preferred merchants and strategic partners. We take reasonable steps to ensure that our agreements with our merchants and/or strategic partners include appropriate privacy and confidentiality obligations.
The information which you have provided in this form may be used by Sunway Student Volunteers, its agents, and the related companies of the Company to keep you updated with important announcements, information and news about the Company, its products, services, promotions and offers from time to time. You may withdraw your consent to any of the above communications by emailing us at
8) What If Personal Information Provided by You Is Incomplete?
Where indicated (for example in registration/application forms), it is obligatory to provide your personal information to us to enable us to process your application for our Products and/or Services. Should you decline to provide such obligatory personal information, we may not be able to process your application or provide you with our Products and/or Services.
9) Your Rights to Access and Correct Your Personal Information
We can assist you to access and correct your personal information held by us.
Where you wish to have access to your personal information in our possession, or where you are of the opinion that such personal information held by us is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or where relevant, not up-to-date, you may make a request to us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You should quote your name, address and phone/account number and provide brief details of the information you want a copy of in any such request. We shall charge a processing fee for searching for and providing you with access to your personal information to cover administration costs.
We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request to access or correct your personal information within 21 days of receiving your request and the relevant processing fee.
Please note that we may have to withhold access to your personal information in certain situations, for example when we are unable to confirm your identity or where information requested for is of a confidential commercial nature or in the event we receive repeated requests for the same
information. Nevertheless, we will notify you of the reasons for not being able to accede to your request.
10) Your Obligations
You are responsible for providing accurate and complete information to us about yourself and any other person whose personal information you provide us and for updating this personal information as and when it becomes incorrect or out of date by emailing email@example.com.
This obligation is a condition to the provision of our Products and/or Services to you and/or any other person authorised or permitted by you or your organisation/company to use the Products and/or Services.
11) Online Dealings with Run Towards 17 Goals
We collect information about your use of our websites from cookies. Cookies are packets of information stored in your computer which assist your website navigation by customizing site information tailored to your needs. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just
the computer used. You are not obliged to accept cookies. If you are concerned, you can set your computer either to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. However, rejection of cookies may affect your use of our websites as we will be unable to personalize aspects of your use of the website.
Links to Third Party Websites
12) Transfer of Your Personal Information Outside Malaysia
It may be necessary for us to transfer your personal information outside Malaysia if any of our service providers or strategic partners (“overseas entities”) who are involved in providing part of Run Towards 17 Goals Products and/or Services are located in countries outside Malaysia or if you use the Products and/or Services from a country other than Malaysia. You consent to us transferring your personal information outside Malaysia in these instances. We shall take reasonable steps to ensure that any such overseas entities are contractually bound not to use your personal information for any reason other than to provide the Products and/or Services they are contracted by us to provide and to adequately safeguard your personal information.
14) Our Contact Details
1. Run Towards 17 Goals (RT17G) is open to all aged 16 years and over.
2. Participants below 16 years of age must obtain consent/authorization from their parents/guardian at their sole discretion. RT17G does not require any formal proof of consent once participants agree to this waiver.
3. Entry is on a ‘first-come, first-served’ basis and limited.
4. All participants are to ensure that information submitted in the registration form is complete and accurate.
5. The confirmation of participation is ONLY VALID once the payment on the registration fees is confirmed.
6. A confirmation email will be sent after your payment has been confirmed. If you do not receive the confirmation email with your Ticket within 10 working days of paying for your entry, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. The Confirmation Email is a formal notification to you, indicating that we have received all your details. The ONLY VALID proof of confirmed registration is your RT17G’s Ticket emailed to you when you have successfully made payment and signed up on our google form.
8. By confirmation of payment, the participants agreed to abide by the rules and regulations set forth by the organizers.
9. All entries are NOT REFUNDABLE AND NOT DEFERRABLE.
10. Participants must adhere to all rules and marshals on site on event day. Indemnities: Every participant agrees to indemnify and keep the organizers, sponsors, servants and agents safe and harmless from and against any and all actions, claims, expenses or demands in respect of any loss, death, injury or property damage to participants or third parties however caused on or arising out of or in connection to this entry and their participation therein not-withstanding that the same may be contributed to or caused by negligence of the said organizers, sponsors, bodies, servants or agents. All participants will be required to agree to the Participant Waiver and Terms & Conditions indemnity clause, which is included in the registration form.
11. Participants are advised to get doctors’ certification that they are fit to participate. Participants are also reminded that they are entering the race at their own risk.
12. The organizers may, at their discretion refuse any entry, cancel or postpone the event without due notice in the event of any unforeseen circumstances. No claims of any kind arising from abandonment, cancellation or postponement of the event shall be entertained.
13. The organizers reserves the right to publish and display the names, their photographs and audio and/or visual recording for advertising and publicity purposes without compensation and prior notification to the participants of RT17G.
14. The organizers reserve the right at any time without assigning any reasons to add, alter, modify, change or vary the route and activities and terms and conditions, wholly or in part, at its absolute discretion.
15. Participants are not able to limit processing of personal information for the race. If participants do not consent to the organizers processing his/her personal information for the event, then he/she must NOT participate in RT17G.
16. For any enquiries, email to email@example.com.