Danajamin Mightyrun 2018 - Terms and Conditions
Please read all of the terms and conditions carefully. Each individual who registers to participate in the Danajamin Mighty Run (and, where applicable, in the case of a participant below the age of 18 years as at the date of registration, the participant’s parent, guardian or legal representative) (“Participant”) declares and acknowledges to have read, understood and agreed to the Terms and Conditions and undertakes to comply with and be bound by the same.
- Danajamin Mighty Run is organised by Danajamin Nasional Berhad .
- The Event will be held on 24th November 2018 at Taman Tasik Perdana, Kuala Lumpur.
- For more details on the Event, please log on to www.facebook.com/danajaminmightyrun
- Danajamin Mighty Run shall be conducted under the rules of FTKLAA (KL Athletic Association) and also a set of competition rules. Age qualification will be taken as of 31st December 2017.
- The 10KM is open to participants of age 18 and above.
- The 5KM Fun Run is open to individual and family. For individual, participants of age 15 and above. For family, minimum of of at least 2 person. (1 child between the age of 2 - 17 years old & 1 adult guardian above 18 years old).
- The 1KM Family Fun Run, as this is a family category, minimum registration for this category will be 2 participants
- 2 participants may consist of 2 adults or 1 adult with 1 child
- Children must be accompanied by an adult (18 years and above) at all times
- Registered participants are allowed to bring additional children for the run at no additional cost, however, please note that there will be
no runners entitlement provided for the additional children
5. Prize Winners:
- All prize winners must produce their identity card or passport for age verification.
- Winners must ensure to collect their awards after the race and upon announcement of results. All uncollected awards will be forfeited.
- The winning family is the first family with 1 adults & 1 child to reach the finishing line.
- Everyone needs to register via Online Registration at www.ticket2u.com.my.
- By signing up for and providing any information, personal or otherwise, in order to gain access to the Event or any activity(ies) involving the Organiser and the Event sponsors (if any), the “Participant” is deemed to have agreed to the following :
- Given his/her consent, permission and authority to the Organiser, its agent(s) and/or contractor(s) to collect, process, organize and retain personal data relating to that Participant (“Personal Data”).
- The Personal Data of the Participant shall be used by the Organiser for the purposes of:
- sending communication materials to the Participant, including but not limited to, direct mailers, emails, short messaging service and/or telephone calls.
- statistical analysis for planning and improvement of the Event.
- The Organiser may engage the services of third parties to process the Participant’s Personal Data as well as the production of essential items required for the smooth running of the Event in or outside of Malaysia. For such purpose, Participant shall be deemed to have given his/her consent to the transfer of all or any Personal Data to any such third party’s location in or outside of Malaysia. All such third parties are contractually obliged not to use the Participant’s Personal Data for any other purpose, other than as specified herein or for the purposes of the Event.
- The Participant has the right, at any time, to:
- withdraw his/her consent for the use of the Personal Data;
- to request for any correction/update of the Personal Data;
- raise any general queries regarding the use of his/her Personal Data; by contacting the Organiser at the email : [email protected] or the registration portal at the email : [email protected]
- The relevant Participant shall be deemed to have withdrawn from participating in the Event if he/she withdraws his/her consent or authorization given as above at any time before the Event finishes.
- The Organiser will take reasonable precautions to keep the Participant’s Personal Data secure and similarly require any third party data processors to do the same.
- The Organiser will ensure that Personal Data is destroyed or permanently deleted if such Personal Data is no longer required for the purposes for which it was to be processed.
- The Organiser may disclose or release the Participant’s Personal Data, if the Organiser reasonably believe that it is necessary, desirable or required to do so by applicable law or governmental regulation or by any competent body or authority, or by legal process, or to respond to any claim, or to protect the rights, interest or property of the Organiser or others.
- By virtue of being the Event owner, the Organiser may use services of third parties.
- The Organiser reserves the right to modify or substitute any of the Terms and Conditions or any other rules and regulations of the Event from time to time and at any time as they deem fit. If there is an ambiguity in any of the Terms and Conditions, the Organiser shall be the authority to interpret and in so doing, the Organiser will take into account the interests of all affected Participant. The decision of the Organiser shall be final and binding. Any update, modification or changes on the Terms and Conditions or any other rules and regulations of the Event will be notified on the Official Website and (unless otherwise stated) takes effect from the date of notification on the Official Website.
- The Organiser reserves the right to change the Date and/or venue or to postpone or cancel the Event for any reason whatsoever including force majeure (i.e. due to occurrence of any incident, condition or event that are beyond the reasonable control of the Organiser and which, in the Organiser’s opinion, renders it impossible or unsafe to hold the Event) at any time without prior notice to the Participant, in which case the Organiser will make effort to inform the Participant prior to the Date. If the Event has to be postponed or cancelled, there shall be NO refund of fees and the Organiser shall not be liable for any loss or inconvenience caused. All proceeds (not inclusive of the administration fee and finance charge) will be donated to the The National Autism Society Of Malaysia (NASOM) if the event has to be cancelled. Participant acknowledges and agrees that the entry fee and any other transaction costs of the Event are non-refundable, non-transferable and non-deferrable. Any updates on the Event including any changes to the Terms and Conditions will be posted on www.facebook.com/danajaminmightyrun. It is the responsibility of the Participant to keep abreast with such updates and changes. The Organiser shall not be liable for any loss or inconvenience caused.
- The completion and submission of the online registration, confirm the Participant's agreement to abide the Terms and Conditions and any other rules and regulations of the Organiser. The Event’s registration will be confirmed via confirmation slip (“Confirmation Slip”), which will be sent to the email address registered with the Organiser. The Participant shall inform the Organiser via Official Email if the Participant does not receive the Confirmation Slip within stipulated time or is unable to download the Confirmation Slip from the registration portal. If there is discrepancy in the Confirmation Slip, the Participant may report such discrepancy to the Organiser within 5 working days from the date the Confirmation Slip is sent by the Organiser.
- The Confirmation Slip is the only valid proof of confirmed registration and to be used for the collection of race kits/ participation for the Event.
- Participant shall provide true, accurate, current and complete information about the Participant. The Organiser may contact the Participant from time to time by email. Any notice sent to the email address registered with the Organiser shall be deemed as received by the Participant. If the Participant provides any information that is untrue, inaccurate, outdated or incomplete, or if the Organiser has ground to believe that such information is untrue, inaccurate, outdated or incomplete, the Organiser may at any time suspend, revoke, cancel or terminate the Participant's registration and participation in the Event and refuse any and all current or future use of the Event's Official Website (or any parts thereof).
- Once Participant’s registration has been duly processed, there will be NO fee refund to Participant who wishes to withdraw their participation in the Event for whatever reason.
- The Organiser will not entertain nor be in any way responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete or inaccurate entry details in the registration form.
- The Organiser reserves the right to limit and/or refuse entry without giving any reason or notice. The Organiser also reserves the right at its absolute discretion to exclude or disqualify any Participant whom the Organiser opines that to be acting in a manner which is against the interest of the Organiser or the Event or which is in violation of the Terms and Conditions or any rules or regulations of the Event or in case of (suspicion of) foul play or fraud. It is the duty and responsibility of the Participant to ensure his/her legal eligibility to participate in the Event.
- The Organiser reserves the right to cancel, defer and/or add any Event category without prior notice to the Participant.
- Participant is strictly not allowed to transfer their Event entries to another party or change the Event categories after his/her registration is confirmed.
- Participant agrees to accept promotional materials/items from the Organiser whether in relation to the Event or otherwise.
- Any Personal Accident (PA) insurance provided is limited to Participant from age:
- 18 and under 70 years for Adults
- 2 to 18 years for children with supervision from adult participant
- Any online registration that is not followed with online payment will become invalid registration. Therefore please ensure that payment has been made online upon registration.
- No refund will be made for wrongful or multiple registration.
- Substitution and changing of categories is NOT allowed, so please select the category you’re eligible to sign up according to the age qualification. Otherwise you will have to re-register.
- Postal entries are not accepted.
- The decision of the Competition Committee is final when accepting entries. The organizers have the right to refuse an entry without having to disclose a reason.
- For any general enquiries pertaining to the Danajamin Mightyrun 2018, please contact:
8.Registration Closing Date:
- 10TH November 2018 (Sat) or, upon reaching the maximum of 3,000 participants.
1.Race kit consists of:
- Line7 t-shirt
- A number bib, safety pins
2.The quantity of the t-shirt’s ordered according to sizes are limited, therefore the distribution shall be carried out on first-come, first-served basis.
- All the race kits not collected during the stipulated collection date will be deemed as unwanted and the Organizers shall be at liberty to dispose or re-distribute them accordingly.
- There will be NO distribution of kits on race day.
- The Organiser reserves the right to amend the Event’s race routes as it deems fit whether for the safety of the Participants and /or to prevent any potential hazards in the running of the Event or otherwise, at any time without prior notice to the Participant. In such event, every effort will be made to inform the Participant prior to the Date of the Event. Any changes made to the Event’s Routes will be posted on the Official Facebook Page Danajamin 2018. It is the responsibility of the Participant to keep abreast with any such change. The Organiser shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused due to any such change.
- Whilst every reasonable precaution will be taken by the Organiser to ensure the Participants' safety, Participant participates in the Event at their own risk. The Organiser will not be responsible or held liable for any injury or death, damage or loss of property, whether personal or otherwise, suffered or caused, howsoever arising from training for, during participation, or after participation in the Event. Participant is strongly advised to go for medical examination and/or consult their medical practitioner prior to registration and before the Date of Event.
- Participant must at all times follow their respective Event Route, the direction of security officers/officials, traffic management officers/officials, Event’s officers/officials and any enforcement officers/officials.
- Participant must retire from the Event immediately, if required to do so by any member of the Event’s official medical staff, Event director, referee and/or security officer.
- Pets, bicycles, in-line skates, prams, push carts, shoes with built-in or attached rollers and any other wheel-run objects are not allowed on the course of the Routes other than official Event and medical vehicles.
- The Organiser reserves the right to use any photographs, image, motion pictures, recordings, and/or any other media records of the Event (including those of the Participant and of his/her name and other information without any compensation or payment or any prior notice), for any legitimate purpose including commercial advertising and distribution by the Organiser in any form of media or medium and for such duration as the Organiser deems fit whether within Malaysia or elsewhere.
- A Participant who commences to run before the actual start time (“Flag-Off Time”) of his/her registered category in the Event will be disqualified. (Please refer to start times of the Event).
- Participant who does not start within 20 minutes from the Flag-Off Time will be disqualified and for safety reasons may not be allowed to start.
11. Assumption of Risks, Waiver & Release of Liability
- Participant accept and agree that (a) the Event carry certain inherent dangers and risks which may or may not be readily foreseeable, including without limitation to personal injury, damage to property or death; and (b) his/her participation in the Event is voluntarily in spite of the potential risks and danger.
- Participant warrants that he/she is in good physical condition and have sufficient preparations and is able to safely participate in the Event. The Participant is fully aware of the risks and hazards inherent in participating in the Event, including the possibilities of serious physical trauma, injury or death.
- In consideration of the Organiser allowing or accepting (without liability) the Participant to participate in any way in the Event and/or activities registered through the Ticket2u , the Participant (which includes his/her heirs, personal representatives, executors and administrators), shall be deemed to have agreed as follows:
- accept and assume all of the risks and dangers and any potential risks and dangers in connection with the Participant’s participation in the Event;
- to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, none of the Organiser, online registration company, sub-contractors, all municipal agencies and relevant authority whose property or personnel are used, all sponsors, co-sponsors and other companies, parties and individuals related to the Event, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, volunteers, related corporations, subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively “Releasees”) shall be responsible or liable in any manner for any costs, expenses, loss, damages, liabilities, injury or death caused by participation in the Event;
- fully and forever releases the Releasees from all and any liability of whatsoever nature and howsoever arising, INCLUDING ANY NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATION and any other form of negligence and is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by applicable laws in Malaysia in which the Event is conducted;
- waives and relinquishes the right to sue or take any action or proceeding against the Releasees (or any of them) for any and all claims, demands, losses or damages of the Participant on account of any injury, death, damage to property or any other cause of action, which is caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence, fault, act or omission of the Releasees (or any of them) or otherwise.
- The decision of the Organiser on all and any matter in connection with the Event shall be final and binding.
- If any provision (or any part thereof) of the Terms and Conditions or any rules or regulations of the Event is held by a competent court or other competent authority in a final decision (namely, after exhausting all appeal avenues if applicable) to be illegal, void or unenforceable in the relevant jurisdiction, that provision or the relevant part thereof shall be deemed to be deleted and the remaining provisions shall continue in full force and effect in respect of such jurisdiction.
- A failure or delay by Organiser in exercising, or in omitting to exercise, any right, remedy, power or privilege accruing to the Organiser hereunder, or the knowledge or acquiescence by the Organiser of or in any breach of any of the Terms and Conditions, shall not impair or operate or be construed as a waiver of such right, remedy, power or privilege or an acquiescence in such breach or a waiver of such Terms and Conditions or any of them. No waiver shall be binding on the Organiser unless it is made in writing. No waiver by the Organiser of a breach of any Terms and Conditions shall constitute a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other Terms and Conditions.
- The Terms and Conditions shall be binding on the heirs, personal representatives, executors and administrators and permitted assigns of the Participants.
- The Terms and Conditions and all documents concerning the Event shall be governed by and construed in all respects in accordance with the laws of Malaysia. By registering for the Event, the Participant shall be deemed to have agreed to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Malaysia.
- The results of the individual categories (A – D) will be verified by FTKLAA (KL Athletic Association) and their decision is final based on the fastest timing.
- E-Certificate will be made available after 7 days from the event day for participants to download.
- E-Certificate will be available for downloading for a period of 30 days from the day that it was made available.
- E-Certificate will be provided for participants of category A, B, C, D and E Hardcopy certificate will be given to participants of category F upon crossing the finish line.
- Finisher Medals will be available for redemption at a designated area after the finish line to all participants on the Event day. No claims will be entertained thereafter.
15. Food Pack:
- Food pack will be ready for redemption by all participants (by showing their bib) upon completion of the run.
Whilst every reasonable precaution will be taken by the organizers to ensure the participants safety, participants are strongly encouraged to go for a medical examination and/or consult their medical practitioner prior to registration and before the actual race day.