Participants are advised to read the following Important Notice, Terms & Conditions and Official Rules carefully before the race.
Participants are advised to solicit medical advice from doctor if they are in doubt of their health condition prior to taking part in the race.
The following Terms & Conditions and Official Rules are intended to help produce and direct a large scale event, to ensure the safety of all participants, to meet the requirements of local government permits.
All entry fees are non-refundable and the Organizer retains the right to refuse entry to anyone declaring false information on their entry form, not making the required payment, or otherwise failing to meet the stated entry requirements.
Terms & Conditions
- 10km participants must be 18 years old or above fun run 5km and 3km participants must be 7 years old or above and accompanied by parents along the route ( for aged below 18 Years old ). Any exceptions to this must be authorized by the Organizer.
- The Organizer reserves the right to close entries before the deadline without any notice once the race quota is full.
- Entry forms will only be processed upon receipt of full payment of entry fee.
- The Organizer reserves the right to limit and refuse entries without reason.
- The Organizer reserves the right to contact and to interview applicants by phone or otherwise for additional information required for matters relating to their applications.
- Entry fees are non-refundable. The Organizer reserves the right to refuse entries once the entry is accepted if any applicants provide false information, do not make the required payment, or fail to meet entry requirements as stated in the entry form.
- Should the event be cancelled due to circumstances beyond the control of the Organizer (including heavy rain, thunder storm or disaster, public rally), no refund of the entry fee will be made and the Organizer shall have no further responsibility and/or liability thereafter.
- Running is not a ‘free risk’ sport and therefore each runner must ensure his/her health condition is fit before participating and during the race. Each runner shall be responsible with his/her own health/condition. The Organizer shall be responsible for personal injury or death during or after the race due to gross negligence of the Organizer.
- The Organizer reserves the right to disallow/ disqualify any person who is known or suspected to be physically unfit to participate in the event. Should a runner get injured during the race, on case by case basis as recommended by medical team as appointed by the Organizer to monitor the race, such runner may be treated in hospital as designated by the Organizer with a treatment cost not exceeding the amount agreed by the Organizer and the relevant hospital. circumstances.
- Sportasia LIGHT `EM UP run 2019 is open for Malaysian, Asians, resident and expatriate working in Malaysia and also international .
- The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify or exclude any person from competition who gives incorrect personal data / details on the entry form, or who is suspected of having taken banned substances. No refund of entry fee will be arranged.
- No result or certificate will be given to participants who do not start in the race time assigned to them by the Organizer.
- Participants must retire from the race immediately, if asked / requested to do so by any member of the officials, medical staff, race director, umpire and / or security officers / marshals.
- No pets or any form of wheel-run objects of transport, e.g. wheel chairs (except designated wheelchairs for the Wheelchair events approved by the organizer), bicycles, skates, push carts, shoes with built-in or attached rollers, etc. are NOT allowed on the course.
- Participants are not allowed to run with babies or children who are under aged 7 and unregistered runners.
- The Organizer may perform drug test to the participants. All prize money to the winner is subject to the completion of doping test if required by the Organizer. The title shall be revoked if winner fail to satisfy the doping test.
- There is no official timing or timing bib for the event.
- Participants must begin the event after the designated start time.
- Participants must wear their bib number on the chest.
Deposit Bag Facility
The Organizer provides deposit bag facility to deposit clean clothes. Participants are not allowed to deposit valuable belonging to the deposit bag facility. The Organizer shall not be responsible for any lost of valuable item.
Pictures and Documentation
The Organizer shall be entitled to use pictures and documentation of the Participants taken during the event for purposes related with the event or any future events.
Amendments / Reservations / Acknowledgment
- Organizer reserves the right to modify, supplement or waive all or part of the event rules.
- PCs shall be bound by any modification or supplement of the event rules published by the Organizer.
- Failure to follow these event rules, as may be amended, will result in immediate disqualification, loss of prize money and removal from official results.
Organizer Contact Person 1 & 2 Name & Contact (for participant enquiries)
0108088030 - jay
0108088060 - tony
0147468568 - ama