- 160KM Perak Century Ride 2019 participants must be 18 years old or above.Any exceptions to this must be authorized by the Organizer.
- The Organizer reserves the right to close entries before the deadline without any notice once the event quota is full.
- Entry forms will only be processed upon receipt of full payment of entry fee.
- The Organizer reserves the right to limit and refuse entries without reason.
- The Organizer reserves the right to contact and to interview applicants by phone or otherwise for additional information required for matters relating to their applications.
- Entry fees are non-refundable. The Organizer reserves the right to refuse entries once the entry is accepted if any applicants provide false information, do not make the required payment, or fail to meet entry requirements as stated in the entry form.
- Should the event be cancelled due to circumstances beyond the control of the Organizer (including heavy rain, thunder storm or disaster, public rally), no refund of the entry fee will be made and the Organizer shall have no further responsibility and/or liability thereafter.
- Cycling is not a ‘free risk’ sport and therefore each cyclist must ensure his/her health condition is fit before participating and during the event. Each cyclist shall be responsible with his/her own health/condition & safety.
- The Organizer reserves the right to disallow/ disqualify any person who is known or suspected to be physically unfit to participate in the event. Should a cyclist get injured during the event, on case by case basis as recommended by medical team as appointed by the Organizer to monitor the event, such cyclist may be treated in hospital as designated by the Organizer
- The organizer and its agents will not be held responsible for any issues relating to parking at the venue. Participants are advised to follow the instructions given by traffic personnel for proper parking. The organizer and its agent will not be held responsible due to losses suffered in the event of break ins or vandalism to the vehicles of participants. Proper vigilance must be exercised by all participants when parking their vehicles.
- All Rider shall take care of their own safety while cycling on the road.
Riders are strictly NOT ALLOWED to transfer their ride entries to another party or change ride categories once their registration is confirmed.
All Riders must follow designated routes, and are solely responsible for following the designated route and passing timing points.
Route officials will divert riders who are unlikely to finish the ride within the stipulated duration. For their own safety and to avoid being caught in between live traffic, riders must follow instructions. Riders who fail to do so may be removed from the route immediately. Finishers’ medals will still be issued to the aforesaid riders. The competitive rides category riders will be recorded as ‘Disqualified’ or ‘DNF’ (Did Not Finish) in the official timing.
All riders must abide by standard Highway Code, national rules of the road as well as the direction of police, traffic management and Event officials during the ride.
Riders MUST NOT:
- No Helmet No Ride;
- Ride dangerously or negligently; or
- Use MP3 Players, iPods, Walkman or other mobile music devices while riding.
- Use hand held cameras or telephones while riding.
All riders are to remain behind the safety escort lead vehicles and in front of the safety escort rear vehicles at all times.
CONSENT TO THE EVENT
By taking part in the Event, I agree to abide by these Rules & Regulations. The Event Organizer, reserves the right to modify such Rules & Regulations in any way and at any times deemed necessary or appropriate, without materially affecting the terms and conditions of this cycling ride. I consent to the use of any photographs, motion pictures, images, recordings, or any other record which may include me, in any record of the Event or for future promotion of the Event.
WAIVER OF THE EVENT
In consideration of the Organizer accepting this entry, and the registration to participate in the Event, I hereby waive and release any and all rights to claims to damages I may against the Organizer holding this Event, their agents, representatives, successors, assigns, sponsors for any and all injuries, death and invalidity I may sustain before, during or after the course of the Event or arising as a result of it. I hereby indemnify the Organizer and keep them indemnified and waived against all claims or damages that arise in consequence of the above.