Rules and Regulations of Skaievent LebaRUN 2019 (Real Run Category):
- The Skaievent LebaRUN 2019 is organised by Skaievent Technovation Sdn. Bhd. (the “Organiser”) in collaboration with Ranjau Runners with the full support of Kumpulan Melaka Berhad (KMB) in accordance with these Rules and Regulations, and all the terms and conditions and other relevant rules and regulations, applicable to the participants of the Event (“Participants”).
- By signing up for and providing any information, personal or otherwise, in order to gain access to any product(s) and/or service(s) and/or participate in any programme(s), event(s), talk(s), demonstration(s) or any other activities involving the Organiser and/or the Event sponsors (the “Sponsors”), the Participant is deemed to have given explicit permission for the Organiser and the Sponsors to collect, analyse, collate, share, disclose to third parties, sell and/or otherwise use without any liability to the Participant, any personal information relating to that Participant as may in its sole discretion deem fit, including without any limitation for its programmes, planning, data-processing and statistical or risk-analysis, research, fund-raising and/or any other purposes in furtherance of the functions. The Organiser and the Sponsors declare by virtue of being the Event owner or sponsor, they can use services of third parties:
- For storing data within and outside of the Malaysia, whichever one is deemed most reasonable by Organiser;
- For development or implementation of programmes, products or services as it may deem necessary;
- For outsourcing of any programme(s), event(s), talk(s), demonstration(s) and/or any activities;
- For promotional, marketing and/or administrative purposes;
- For all purposes as required by law, including without limitation court proceedings, criminal investigations or prosecutions or where so ordered by any competent authority;
- In connection with any proposed novation, assignment, transfer, sale, lease, license, partnership, joint-organising and/or any collaboration where and when required in relation thereto.
5. Registration for the race is only confirmed upon payment made and upon issuance of a race identification number.
6. In consideration of the Participants use of the Official Website, the Participants agree to:
- Provide true, accurate, current and complete information contained in any registration form (such information being the “Registration Data”);
- Maintain the security of the Participant’s identification; and
- Maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. The Organiser may contact the Participants from time to time by email and/or mobile device. Any notice sent to the email address and mobile device registered with the Organiser shall be deemed as received by the Participants. If the Participants provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or the Organiser has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, the Organiser may suspend or terminate the Participant's registration.
7. The Organiser reserves the right to cancel or postpone the Event at any time without prior notice to the Participants, in which case the Organiser will make effort to inform the Participants prior to the date of the Event. If the Event has to be cancelled or postponed, there shall be no refund of fees or donations paid unless the Organiser deems fit to give a refund. The Organiser, Sponsors and Affiliates (defined below) shall not be held liable for any loss or inconvenience caused. The “Affiliates” shall include the Event co-organisers, co-sponsors, partners, volunteers, and any entity or person that provided products or services for the Event and Event activities.
8. There will be strictly no refund available if the Event is cancelled for reason of force majeure i.e. due to occurrence of incidents that are beyond the control of the Organiser or acts of God which renders it impossible or unsafe to hold the Event.
9. The Organiser reserves the right to amend the Event race routes as the Organiser deems fit for the safety of the Participants and/or to prevent any potential hazards in the running of the Event, at any time without prior notice to the Participants. In such cases, every effort will be made to inform the Participants prior to the date of the Event. The Organiser, Sponsors and Affiliates shall not be held liable for any loss or inconvenience caused due to such changes.
10. While every reasonable precaution will be taken by the Organiser to ensure the safety of Participants, the Participants take part solely at their own risk and the Organiser, Sponsors and Affiliates will not be responsible or held liable for any injury or death howsoever arising from training for, before, during, or after participation in the Event. Participants are strongly encouraged to go for a medical examination and/or consult their medical practitioner prior to registration and before the race day. Participants must accept and understand that he/she must have the physical fitness suitable for the category that he/she registered for, by the day of the race.
11. Participants must attach the assigned running bib to the front of his/her running shirt. The running bib must be visible on his/her chest at all times. Participants who do not wear his/her running bib will be taken off the race route by security officers, officials or route marshals, and shall be immediately disqualified.
12. If the Participant's original running bib cannot be found by the respective staff during Race Entry Pack Collection (“REPC”) or during the packing of the Race Entry Pack for delivery, the Organiser reserves the right to replace it with a spare running bib. The Organiser reserves the right to amend or substitute any Participant’s running bib at any time without prior notice to the Participant.
13. Once registration has been duly processed, there will be strictly no refunds after payment is made, for any reason whatsoever. There will be strictly no refunds for Participants who do not eventually take part in the Event for whatever reason.
14. The Organiser reserves the right to use any photographs (including those of Participants), motion pictures, recordings, or any other media records of the Event (including any programme(s), event(s), talk(s), demonstration(s) or any other activities associated before, during or after the Event for any legitimate purpose including commercial advertising, publicity purpose and distribution to Sponsors anywhere in the world.
15. The Organiser reserves the right to limit and/or refuse entry to the Event and/or other programme(s), event(s), talk(s), demonstration(s) or any other activities involving the Organiser and the Sponsors without giving any reason and/or notice.
16. The Organiser will not entertain nor be in any way responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete or inaccurate entry details in the registration form.
17. The Organiser reserves the right to cancel and/or add any race category without prior notice to the Participants.
18.Participants are strictly not allowed to transfer their race entries to another party or change race categories after their registrations are confirmed.
19. Any Participant who commences to run before the actual flag-off of his/her registered race category will be immediately disqualified.
20. Participants who do not start within 15 minutes of respective flag-offs for safety reasons may not be allowed to start and will be immediately disqualified.
21. Participants must be 5 years old or older as of Event day to participate in the Event. Children below 5 years old are allowed to join the fun for FREE. However, they are fully under their parental/guardian's responsibilities if anything happens.
22. Participants below the age of 18 are required to obtain parental/guardian consent and complete the relevant indemnity declaration as deemed necessary by the Organiser upon registration, failing which, the Organiser reserves the right to refuse entry to that Participant.
23. The Organiser will not be responsible for any loss and/or damage, personal or otherwise, to the belongings and items deposited at the Event baggage storage provided (if available) for the Participants. The Organiser also reserves the right to check any item or bag deposited for security purposes.
24. A Race Entry Pack is the Event’s pack which includes the running bib, t-shirt and other sponsored items (if any). Participants can choose upon registration whether or not he/she prefers to opt for courier delivery service for his/her Race Entry Pack.
25. The Race Entry Pack will be couriered to the mailing address provided in the registration form latest 5 days prior the Event day.
26. Each Race Entry Pack is chargeable at RM10.00 per pack for Peninsular Malaysia and RM15 per pack for Sabah/Sarawak.
27. The Organiser is not responsible for any undelivered Race Entry Packs due to incorrect or incomplete mailing information. For example, the mailing address, the name of the recipient, telephone number, and email address.
28. The Organiser is not responsible for any undelivered Race Entry Packs due to unavailability of the recipient at the delivery address.
29. Undelivered Race Entry Packs will be returned to the Organiser and it is the responsibility of the Participants to collect his/her Race Entry Pack at the REPC venue during the collection period (“Collection Period”).
30. No refund will be provided for undelivered Race Entry Packs, for any reason whatsoever.
31. Participants who do not elect to purchase the Mailing Option and Participants who are not eligible to purchase the Mailing Option must collect his/her Race Entry Pack at the REPC venue during the Collection Period.
32. All Race Entry Packs not collected during Collection Period will be deemed to be unwanted, and the Organiser shall be at liberty to dispose or re-distribute them accordingly. Race Entry Packs cannot be collected on race day.
33. All Participants who successfully complete the race within their respective cut-off times will be given a Finisher’s Medal upon presentation of their running bib to the respective staff. This entitlement will not apply to Participants who were unable to complete the race within their respective cut-off times, disqualified or did not finish.
34. All Finisher’s Medals are to be collected on the race day and no requests will be entertained thereafter.
35. All Participants who successfully complete the race within their respective cut-off times will be given an e-certificate. The e-certificate will be made available by 12.00 pm on 24 June, 2019. This entitlement will not apply to Participants who were unable to complete the race within their respective cut-off times, disqualified or did not finish. The e-certificate will only be available until 1st July 2019. There will not be any hardcopy Finisher’s Certificate mailed out to the Participants.