Southern Duathlon T&C
- All participants must agree to the rules and regulations before registering for the race.
- The Organiser reserve the right to amend the Rules and Regulations without prior notification.
- The minimum age for participation is 18 years old at the date of the event (for those who are under 18 years old must submit written parental consent before registering the race).
- The Organiser reserve the right to amend the race course with prior notice to participants.
- The Organiser reserve the right to use any photographs, motion pictures, recordings, or any other record of this race and its participants for any commercial advertising including legitimate purpose.
- Whilst every reasonable precaution will be taken by the Organiser to ensure the participants’ safety, participants partake in this event at their own risk and the Organiser shall not be liable for any bodily injuries, loss and/or damage to property, whether personal or otherwise, and howsoever arising.
- The Organiser will not be responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete/wrong entry details given by the participants.
- Participants are strictly NOT ALLOWED to transfer their ride entries to another party or change ride categories once their registration is confirmed.
- After registration, there will be no fee refund for any rider who does not in due course take part in the Event, for any reason whatsoever. Registration is strictly non-transferable.
- Participants are not allowed to use form of wheel-run objects of transport e.g. inline skates, prams, strollers, push cars, shoes with built-in or attached rollers on the course during the race. Organiser reserves the right to remove participants who fail to adhere to the stipulated rules and regulations from the race route immediately.
- Cut-off Time-Route officials will divert participants who are unlikely to finish the ride / run within the stipulated duration. Such participants will be guided to the designated diversion points along the route. For their own safety and to avoid being caught in between live traffic, participants must follow instructions
- Runners must wear their race numbers/bibs at the front of their adorned apparel at all times during the run.
- Runners must run on the designated path for the entire route. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
- Please take note that all Technical Officials / Marshalls / Volunteers are there to see to the safety and welfare of participants and to ensure that there will be no interruption of unauthorised vehicles / spectators entering the race site during the run course event commences.
- Participants must ensure that their Bib Numbers are clearly visible on their adorned apparel at all times.
- Cyclists are to keep to the left side of the road unless overtaking and are reminded to observe traffic rules at all times. Overtaking on the left of a cyclist is dangerous and should not be allowed.
- The helmet must be worn before the cyclist remove his/her bicycle from the bicycle rack and has to stay on the cyclist’s head until he/she has placed his/her bicycle back securely at the allocated spot on the bicycle rack.
- All participants will have to perform their own repairs if their bicycles should breakdown.
- Distances and durations indicated for all categories of rides are only approximate. The organiser reserves the right to amend such distances and durations should circumstances demand it.
- Road Bikes, TT bikes, Sports Bikes, Touring Bikes, Hybrid Bikes, Mini Velo Bikes, Folding Bikes, Mountain Bikes, Bikes with Drop Handlebars and / or Disc Brakes are allowed.
- Team Relay is only open to 16 years old and above.
- There is only one category for team relay. Participants can form a group of same gender or mixed.
- A maximum of 3 members is allowed for team relay.
- A team of 3 participants joined the event which each participant is responsible for one section
The Event will be held, rain or shine, unless the Organiser determines that conditions are too dangerous. This will be based on a prudent decision made three (3) days before the Event day or on the Event day by the Organiser and local law enforcement officials. If the Event is cancelled due to inclement weather, there will be neither refunds nor transfers. In the event of inclement weather or unforeseen circumstances, the Organiser reserves the right to alter, cancel or eliminate any / all portions of the Event.
WAIVER OF THE EVENT
In consideration of the Organiser accepting this entry, and the registration to participate in the Event, I hereby waive and release any and all rights to claims to damages I may have against the Organiser holding this Event, their agents, representatives, successors, assigns, sponsors for any and all injuries, death and invalidity I may sustain before, during or after the course of the Event or arising as a result of it. I hereby identify the Organiser and keep them indemnified and waived against all claims or damages that arise in consequence of the above.