TERMS & CONDITIONS
RULES AND REGULATIONS
KPJ KUCHING CANCER AWARENESS BUBBLE RUSH 2019
BLOW THE CANCER AWAY!
- KPJ Kuching Cancer Awareness Bubble Rush 2019 is organised by KPJ Kuching Specialist Hospital with collaboration of Malaysia Runners and Revolution Run.
2. EVENT’S FLAG OFF AND CUT OFF DETAILS
- Category : Individual & Group
- Distance : 3 KM & 7 KM
- Flag Off Time (7 KM) : 6.30 am @ 3 November 2019
- Flag Off Time (3 KM) : 6.45 am @ 3 November 2019
- Cut Off Time : 12 am@ 1st October 2019
- Venue : KPJ Kuching Specialist Hospital, BDC.
3. REGISTRATION POLICY
- Registration is open to everyone.
- Completion of the official entry form, including online registration, confirms the participants’ agreement to abide by all the relevant Rules and Regulations of the Organizer and KPJ Kuching Cancer Awareness Bubble Rush 2019 and all local laws and customs while participating in the Event.
- Registration of the Event will end on 30th September 2019 (11.59 pm).
- Participants below the age of 18 are required to obtain parental/guardian’s consent and complete the relevant indemnity declaration form as deemed necessary by the Organizer upon registration.
- Participants must complete their registration details with true, accurate and current information. Inaccurate or incomplete information can be grounds for disqualification or barring from the Event with no issuance of a refund.
- Transfer of registration is not allowed and any substitution of runners must be with the consent of the Organizer and they will not be entitled to any prizes or other entitlement and shall assume any risk at their own expenses.
4. PARTICIPANT'S RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participants will be responsible for his/her safety by having the ability and skills to deal with any problems that may be encountered during the run which includes the climatic and weather conditions.
- In case a runner meets another runner who is in need of medical or emergency aid, he/she must render help and inform the organizers for medical assistance.
- Participants must agree to receive contact from the Organizer from time to time by email, whatsapp or SMS. Any notice sent by email, whatsapp or SMS by the Organizer or the party so assigned by the Organizer to the supplied address on the registration form shall deemed received by the participant.
- Participant will go through foam/bubbles at the designated starting and finishing line. All participants are advised to wear items that you wouldn’t mind getting wet. As with anything dirty, the sooner you wash it the better.
- All participants are advised to wear protective eyewear (goggles) and protective mask (bandana) to protect your eyes and mouth from the foam/bubble.
- All participants are advised to bring waterproof bag or/and waterproof pouch to protect your electronic devices(camera, cellular phones, smart phones, tablets).
- The Organizer will not be held liable for any loss and/or damage, whether personal or otherwise, to any items during the Event.
5. RUNNING KIT COLLECTION
- All participants must collect their running kit during the designated running kit collection time period. The running kit collection date will be on 30th Ocotber, 31st October, and 1st November 2019 from 8.30am until 830pm at Lobby, KPJ Kuching Specialist Hospital.
- If participant are unable to collect their running kit in person, another authorized person may do so for them upon informing the Organizer.
- Late running kit collection will not be entertained and the Organizer shall not be liable for any loss or inconvenience caused due to participant inability to collect their running kit. It is the sole responsibility of the participant to collect their running kit during the collection period.
- Uncollected running kits will be deemed as unwanted and the organizer shall be at liberty to dispose or re-distribute them accordingly.
- Participants must inspect all the items of the running kit during running kit collection. No exchange of any items of the running kit after collecting running kit from the Organizer.
- The Organizer will provide the T-shirt based on the specified size stated in the registration form and strictly no T-shirt size exchange during collection days.
6. PARTICIPANT INFORMATION
- By signing up for and providing any information, personal or otherwise, in order to gain access to any products and/or service and/or participate in any programme(s), event(s), talk(s), demonstration(s) or any other activities involving the Organizer and the Event sponsors (“the Sponsors”), the participant is deemed to have given explicit permission for the Organizer and the Sponsors to collect, analyse, collate, share, disclose to third parties, sell and/or otherwise use without any liability to the individual, any personal information relating to that individual as may in its sole discretion deem fit, including without any limitation for its programmes, planning, data-processing and statistical or risk-analysis, research, fund-raising and/or any other purposes in furtherance of the functions. The Organizer and the Sponsors declare by virtue of being the Event owner or sponsor, they can use services of third parties for all purposes as required by law, including without limitation court proceedings, criminal investigations or prosecutions or where so ordered by any competent authority.
- The Organizer reserves the right to use any photographs (including those of Participants), motion pictures, recordings, or any other media records of the Event (including any programme(s), event(s), talk(s), demonstration(s) or any other activities associated before or after the actual Event day), for any legitimate purpose including commercial advertising, publicity purpose and distribution to Sponsors anywhere in the world.
7. SAFETY AND MEDICAL
- Participants must be physically fit and in good health to complete their chosen run distance within the designated cut off time. Participants take part in the Event at their own risk and the Organizer will not be responsible or held any liable for any injury or death howsoever arising from training for or during participation of the Event. Participants are strongly encouraged to consult their medical practitioner prior to registration and before the Event day.
- Participants must retire from the run immediately if asked/requested to do so by any member of the officials, medical personnel or security officers.
- Participants must obey the instructions of the Event’s crews at all time and strictly no throwing/putting/playing with the foam / bubble colour at sensitive body part (including eyes, nose and mouth) of participants and crews, or throwing/putting / playing the foam/bubble on nonparticipants and/or public.
- All participants can play the foam/bubble on participants in assigned place only. All weapons, sharp objects, spray paint/aerosol cans, glass bottles, metallic objects, explosives and flammable substances are strictly prohibited.
- The Organizer reserves the right to amend the Event’s run routes as they deem fit for the safety of the participant and/or to prevent any potential hazards in the running of the Event, at any time without prior notice to the participant. In such cases, every effort will be made to inform the participant prior to the day/date of the event. The Organizer shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused due to such changes.
- The 3KM & 7KM Cancer Awareness Bubble Rush 2019 is an individual, non-competitive, and no official timing will be recorded or provided.
- All participants are required to be at KPJ Kuching Specialist Hospital, BDC by 6.00am on 3 November 2019 with Event’s official T-shirt, Event’s official wristband, appropriate sports attire and shoes. Participants who do not wear Event’s official T-shirt and/or Event’s official wristband will not be consider a participant and will not eligible to get the medal and goodie bag at the finishing line.
- All registered participants who complete the run will be given a finisher medal. No requests thereafter will be entertained.
- All registered participants can claim light refreshments with the Event’s official wristband at the finishing line.
- Pets, bicycles, in-line skates, prams, push carts, shoes with built-in or attached rollers and any other wheel-run objects are not allowed on the course other than official run and medical vehicles.
- The Organizer reserves the right to cancel and/or add any run category without prior notice to the participants.
- The Organizer reserves the right to cancel or postpone the Event of unforeseen heavy rain, thunder storm or extreme weather conditions at any time with or without prior notice to the participant, in which case they will make reasonable effort to inform the participant prior to the date of the event. If the Event has to be postponed or cancelled, there shall be no refund of fees or donations paid and the Organizer shall not be held liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused.
- The Organizer will not be responsible for any loss and/or damage, personal or otherwise, to the belongings and items deposited at the Event baggage storage facility (If any).
- The Organizer also reserve the right to check any item or baggage deposited (If any).
- The Organizer reserve the right to modify or substitute any of these rules & regulations and/or term & conditions from time to time as they deem fit. If there is ambiguity in any of these provisions, the Organizer shall be the authority to interpret and in doing so, they will take into account the interests of all the affected participants. Any amendments to these rules & regulations and/or term & conditions will be updated on the official social media page.