Important Notice You are advised to read and understand the following carefully before submitting your registration form for the HLA-HLMT FiT Charity Run. You are advised to solicit medical advice from a medical to confirm that you are in good health prior to your participation in the HLA-HLMT FiT Charity Run. General Rules And Regulations This HLA-HLMT FiT Charity Run (“the Run”) is co-organised by Hong Leong Assurance Berhad and Hong Leong MSIG Takaful Berhad (“the Organizers”) which shall take place on Sunday, 25 August 2019 unless otherwise informed. You are advised to read and understand the following rules and regulations before registering for the race as registration denotes acceptance of the same:
•This Run is open to all Malaysians whom are 16 years old and above as at the date of the event (anyone under 16 years old must provide written parental consent).
•The Organizers reserve the right to close entries before the deadline without any notice once the race quota is full.
•Entry forms will only be processed upon receipt of full payment of entry fee.
•The Organizers reserve the right to limit and refuse entries without assigning any reason to you.
•The Organizers reserve the right to contact and to interview applicants by phone or otherwise request for additional information required for matters relating to their applications as it deems fit.
•Entry fees are non-refundable.
•Confirmed registrations are not transferable.
•Only registered participants who display their Bib Number prominently shall be allowed to join the Run failing which the Organisers reserve the right to disallow or disqualify your participation in the Run without any further liability to you.
• In the event the Run is cancelled due to any circumstances that are beyond the reasonable control of the Organizers, no refund of the entry fee will be made and the Organizers shall have no further responsibility and/or liability thereafter to you whatsoever.
• No pets, or any form of wheel-run objects of transport e.g. inline skates, prams, strollers, push cars, shoes with built-in or attached rollers is allowed on the course during the Run except official race and medical vehicles. Organizers reserve the right to remove participants who fail to adhere to the stipulated rules and regulations from the race route immediately.
• Running is not a risk-free sport and therefore it is your responsibility to ensure you are fit and healthy prior to your participation and during the Run. The Organizers shall not be responsible for any losses or damages including injuries or death which may arise whatsoever and howsoever during the Run.
• The Organizers reserve the right to disallow or disqualify any person who is known or suspected to be physically unfit to participate in the Run. In the event of any injuries sustained during the event by any of the participants, as recommended by medical team as appointed by the Organizers to monitor the race, such participant may be treated in hospital as designated by the Organizers with a treatment cost not exceed the amount RM 1,000 which shall be borne by the Organizers, subject always to the sole discretion of the Organizers. Any additional amount arising from such treatment shall be borne by the participants.
• For the purpose of clarification, if it is determined that the injuries that you had sustained was due to a pre-existing condition, the Organizers shall be not be responsible for the medical cost incurred therein, and you shall refund such medical cost incurred to the Organizers.
• You are required to display your participation number on the bib provided (“Bib Number) prominently throughout the Run failing which the Organizers reserve the right to disqualify your participation in the Run.
• You are advised to follow the instructions given by traffic personnel to park your car at the designated area. Neither the Organizers nor its agents shall be responsible for any issues including without limitation losses or damages which may arise at the designated parking area at the venue.
• No certificate or prizes will be given to participants who do not start in the race time assigned to them by the Organizers.
• All participants must leave from the race immediately, if asked / requested to do so by any member of the officials, medical staff, race director, umpire and / or security officers / marshals.
• Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, the Organizers at all times reserve the right to refuse to the registration or to disqualify or to disallow any person seeking to register or registered (as the case maybe) without assigning any reason and without any liability whatsoever. Participant Waiver I hereby irrevocably agree to the following:
1. Understand and accept all risks necessarily resulting from my participation in this Run, which may result in loss of life or permanent injury;
2. Agree and acknowledge that the Organizer’s and the Event Team are not responsible and liable for any loss or damages I may necessarily suffer in my participation in this Run and that this release and indemnity continues forever and binds my heirs, executors, personal representatives and assignees (For clarification, the Event Team shall mean the promoters, sponsors, managers, officers, employees, agents, contractors and volunteers including event medical and paramedical personnel and every personnel invited and asked to be involved in the event by the Organizers).
3. Agree and acknowledge the Organizers and the Event Team shall not be responsible for any loss of or damage to my vehicle and I assume all risks associated with parking my vehicle at the designated area;
4. Agree and acknowledge that the Run involves real risk of serious injuries, or risk of death, from various causes including without limitation over exertion, equipment failure, dehydration, accidents with other competitors, spectators and road users, the course and weather conditions;
5. Represent and warrant that I am of good health and am medically fit to participate in this Run
7. I agree to abide by all the rules and instructions by and from the Organizer which may be given either in writing or otherwise, where prior or during the Run.
8. Agree, acknowledge and hereby grant the Organizers unconditional right to use, at their discretion, any photographic pictures and personal information in any form of media, art, advertising, trade, visual documentary, promotional material, and merchandise or film coverage of any kind without compensation or reference to me. I also hereby waive the right to inspect and/or approve the finished product or the copy that may be used in connection therewith, or the use to which it may be applied.
9. Agree and acknowledge that I am responsible for the safety of my belongings throughout the Run and understand that the Organizers shall not be liable for any losses or damages to any of my belongings and/or vehicle.