1. I/we accept all risks necessarily resulting from my/our participation, which would result in loss of life or permanent injury. Accordingly, I/we will not be held liable to all of the people associated with the conduct of this event and will release them against all matters arising from my/our participation in event. For clarification, the people released include event organisers, promoters, sponsors, managers, officers, employees, agents, contractors and volunteers including event medical and paramedical personnel and every personnel invited and asked to be involved in the event by the organisers. This release indemnifies all the above and will continue forever and binds my heirs, executors, personal representatives and assignees.
2. I/we understand that I/we park my/our vehicle(s) at my/our own risk and indemnify the organisers not to hold any responsibility for loss or damage to my/our vehicle(s).
3. I/we acknowledge that the event involves real risk of serious injuries, or risk of death, from various causes including over-exertion, equipment failure, dehydration, accidents with other competitors, spectators and road users, the course and weather conditions, just to name a few.
4. I/we understand that I/we should not participate in the event unless I/we have prepared appropriately and my/our physical condition has been verified by a medical practitioner.
5. I/we understand that the information that I/we have provided herein will be included in the event organisers database. I/we also understand that information of a biological nature including my name, date of birth and home state may be released to the media in response to general requests.
6. I/we agree to abide by all the rules and regulations of the organisers which relate, in part, to safe and fair sporting practices.
7. I/we grant organisers unconditional rights to use at their discretion photographic pictures and personal information in any form of media, art, advertising, trade, visual documentary, promotional materials, merchandise or film coverage of any kind without compensation to me. I/we also waive the right to inspect and/or approve the finished product or the copy that may be used in connection therewith, or the use to which it may be applied.
8. I/we have permission from my/our family and related sport associations to compete in this event.
Terms & Conditions
1. The “100,000 Steps Challenge” is open to all Malaysians, Permanent Residents and expatriates with working permits and foreigners.
2. Participants below the age of 18 are required to obtain the consent of their parents/guardians before signing up for this event.
3. Participants who completed the online registration form agreed to abide by the rules and regulations of the event.
4. The organisers reserve the right to amend the rules and regulations at any time, at its sole discretion, without any prior notice.
5. Upon confirmation of participant(s), change of T-Shirt size or other details will not be entertained.
6. All payments are to be collected in Ringgit Malaysia (RM).
7. Once participants’ registration has been duly processed, there will be NO refund for participants who do not eventually take part in the event for whatever reason.
8. All merchandises' color, design and materials are subject to change without notice.
9. Any entitlement or any other merchandise and challenge pack not collected at the stipulated time shall be forfeited and any request thereafter will not be entertained. No refund will be entertained.
10. The participants have to abide all the rules and routes specified by the organisers.
11. “Finisher medals, trophies & certificates” will be awarded to all participants who complete the 100,000 Steps Challenge within the time frame of 12.01am to 6.00pm. Any extension of time requires the permission from the organisers in writing.
12. The organisers reserve the right to change or cancel the event at any time without prior notice, in which case the organisers will make an effort to inform prior to the date. If the event has to be cancelled, there shall be NO refund of fees and the organisers shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience so caused. Any updates on the event including any changes to the rules and regulations will be posted on the Event's Official Website.
13. There will be no refund of registration fees and no transfer, if the event is cancelled for reason of force majeure i.e. due to occurrence of incidents that are beyond the control of the organisers (including but not limited to haze, storm, rain, inclement weather, wind, act of God, terrorism or other conditions) and which in the organisers’ opinion, render it impossible or unsafe to hold the event.
14. The organisers reserve the right to use any photographs (including those of participants), motion pictures, recording or any other record of this event for legitimate purpose, including commercial advertising.
15. Participants are not allowed to bring in pets or any form of wheel-run objects of transport e.g. inline skates, prams, push cars, shoes with built-in or attached rollers.