Terms and Conditions of the Rafflesia Charity 5KM Fun Run
1. All entries are based on a first-come first-serve basis unless otherwise stated.
2. For valid registration, the minimum age of participation is 7 years old.
3. Runners aged below 18 must be accompanied and/or get permission from parent. Parents/Guardians who accompany children must also register for the event.
4. Once the registration is completed and payment has been made, entry fees for those who for whatever reason (s) do not take part in the event are NON TRANSFERABLE, NON REFUNDABLE AND NON DEFERRABLE.
5. The Organiser reserves the right to limit, accept or reject any entries without prior notice and reasons.
6. The deadline for registration is 2nd November 2019. However, the Organiser reserves the right to close entries before deadline without any notice or when the quota of a race / start is full.
7. Completion of the registration form is an indication of the participant’s agreement to abide by the rules and regulations.
8. Race entry is non-transferable. Those who are discovered to participate with an unauthorised race number will be disqualified.
8. All participants must bring along the confirmation slip or confirmation number together with their Identity Card or passport to collect their race number and event T-shirt.
9. Participants are encouraged to collect the running race kit within the stipulated time. Representative is allowed to collect on runner’s behalf and will need to bring along the confirmation slip and a copy of NRIC/valid passport.
10. All uncollected Race kits will be kept for collection after race day. Kindly contact The Organiser for this purpose and collect within 2 weeks, else it will be deemed to be unwanted, and the Organiser shall be at liberty to dispose or re-distribute them accordingly.
11. It is compulsory for the participants to display their race number at all time during the race. Failure to comply will result in the participants’ disqualification from the race.
12. All runners are encouraged to wear the official event t-shirt during the race.
13. Officials reserve the right to prevent a participant’s continuation in the race should they fail to comply with the rules and regulations.
14. Change in sizes during collection of the race event tee is strictly NOT ALLOWED. Participants must adhere to the race event tee sizes that they have registered for.
15. Participants must run on the designated path for the entire route. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
16. Participants who take part are required to keep to the left side of the lane so as not to cause obstruction to other participants.
17. No pets or any form of wheel-run objects of transport e.g. inline skates, prams, push cars, shoes with built-in or attached rollers are allowed on the course other than official race and medical vehicles.
18. Whilst every reasonable precaution will be taken by the Organisers to ensure participants’ safety, participants partake in this event at their own risks and the Organisers, their sponsors and their appointed officials shall not be liable for any death or injury, loss or damage, suffered or otherwise and howsoever arising.
19. The Organisers reserve the right to remove any participant deemed physically incapable of continuing with the race to prevent him/her from causing greater harm and injury to himself / herself.
20. The Organisers reserve the right to delay the commencement of the race in the event of inclement weather or any form of acts of God. Should the mentioned persist after the delay, deemed to be unsafe or impossible to proceed, the Organisers reserve the right to cancel the race without any refunds of fees or donations paid unless the Organisers have considerations to give a refund and The Organisers shall not be held liable for any loss or inconvenience caused.
21. The Organiser shall not be responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete entry details.
22. The Organisers reserve the right to limit and refuse entries without assigning any reasons thereof.
23. The Organisers reserve the right to amend the Rules and Regulations without giving prior notification or any reasons thereof.
24. The Organisers reserve the right to change the event date or venue at their own discretion.
25. Any disputes arising from participation shall be referred to Arbitration to be conducted in Malaysia within the Laws of Malaysia.
26. The Organiser reserves the right to use any photographs (including those of participants), motion pictures, recordings, or any other record of this event for any legitimate purpose, including commercial advertising.
27. The organiser has the right to cancel, postpone or change venue, date, and time for this event. No refunds will be given if this event is cancelled by unavoidable means from the orders of organizer.
28. Finisher’s medal will be awarded to participants that completed the run within a specified time frame.
29. The organisers will not be held responsible for any losses or claim due to the postponing, cancelling or changing of event venue due to unforeseen natural disaster or any pertaining causes occurred before, during and after the competition.
30. Participants must agree to receive contact from the event Organisers from time to time by email/SMS blast. Any notice sent by email from The Organizers or the party assigned by the Organisers to the supplied address on the registration form shall be assumed received by the Participant.
31. All winners must provide identification card or passport for age verification at secretariat room before the prize presentation ceremony.
32. Any protests on the official results, kindly write in with evidence to The Organisers within 30 minutes once the results are announced with protest fees RM50 in cash (protest fees is non-refundable).
Participant Waiver Terms of the Rafflesia Charity Fun Run
All participants acknowledge and accept the following terms and conditions of participation in the Rafflesia Charity Fun Run event.
I, the named participant (registrant) in consideration of and as a condition of acceptance of my entry in the fun run hereby waive any claim, right of claim, cause of any action which I might have arising out of loss of my life or injury, damage or loss of any description whatsoever which I may suffer or sustain in the course or consequent upon my entry or participation in the event.
I know that participating in such an event is a potentially hazardous activity. I assume all risks associated with participating in this event, including but not limited to falls, contact with other participants, the effects of weather, traffic and the conditions of the paved running path, all such risks being known and appreciated by me.
This waiver, release and discharge shall be and operate separately in favour of all persons, corporations and bodies involved with or otherwise engaged in promoting or staging the event and the servants, agents, representatives and officers of any of them.
I attest that I am physically fit and medically able to complete part or the entirety of the course without jeopardizing my life and consent to receive medical treatment that may be advisable in the event of illness or injuries suffered by me during this event.
I give free permission for the free use of my pictures in any broadcast, telecast, advertising promotion or other account of this event.
I understand that no liability of any kind will attach to any person, corporation or body involved in connection with the event in case of cancellation or postponement.
I satisfy all entry requirements as set out.
I agree to abide by the conditions of the event as stated in the declaration above and upon literature and other material distributed in connection with the event. I understand by registering myself for the event, I fully accept these Terms & Conditions and these Terms and Conditions are subject to change without prior notice.
The event organiser reserves the right to reject any entry, and further reserves the right to change the details of the above referenced event without prior notice.