QUBU FUN RUN 2019 FORMAT
Participation is open to all Malaysians only. Registration will only be confirmed once full payment has been made. Runners must meet the qualifying age(s) of the associated category and distances.
- Participants under the age of 13 must be accompanied by a registered (participating) paying adult. Participants who have completed the online registration form agrees to abide by all applicable rules and regulations of the event.
- Completion of the official online registration through ticket2u.com confirms the participant’s agreement to abide by all of the event’s Rules and Regulations. Registration for participation in the race is only confirmed upon the successful completion of the race entry form, entry fee payment and issuance of a race identification number.
- The organizer reserves the right to modify or substitute any of the event’s rules and regulations from time to time as they deem fit.
- Participants must complete their registration details with true, accurate and current information.
- Changes in confirmed registrations (for example, runners’ replacement, change of race, change of T-shirt size, etc.) are not possible under any circumstances.
- Race entry is strictly non-transferable, and entry fees are non-refundable. Those who are running with unauthorized race number will be disqualified. The participant shall not be entitled to a refund of the entry fee if he or she is disqualified from the event as a result of an infringement of the rules and regulations of the event.
- The race starts from the flag off the area and through the route specified by the organizer and ends at the same venue as the starting point.
- All participants who successfully complete the race will be awarded a Finisher's Medal at the Finish Line, with the race bib as proof of participation.
- The organizer reserves the right to delay the start of the run in the event of heavy rain or extreme weather condition/natural disasters. If the unfavorable weather condition persists after the delay, the organizer reserves the right to cancel the run without providing refunds to the participants. The organizer shall not be held responsible for any claims and there shall be no further liability whatsoever arising in any form made by any individual or parties concerned.
- In respect of any amendment on the routes to be used for the Fun Run, the organizer reserves the right to amend the QUBU Fun Run 2020 race routes as they deem fit for the safety of the participant and/or to prevent any potential hazards in the running of the event, at any time without prior notice to the participant. In such cases, reasonable efforts will be made to inform the participant prior to the day/ on the date of the event. The organizer shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused due to such changes.
- Pets, bicycles, in-line skates, prams, strollers, pushcarts, shoes with built-in or attached rollers and any other wheel-run objects are not allowed on the race route.
- The organizer will not be responsible for any loss and/or damage, personal or otherwise, to the belongings and items deposited at the Event’s baggage storage provided to the Participants. The organizer also reserves the right to check any item or bag deposited for security purposes.
- Sweeper vehicles will be mobilized to pick up participants after the cut- off time for each category. Participants are encouraged to board the sweeper vehicles.
- Participants must run on the designated paths for the entire route. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- Participants who take part are required to keep to the left side of the lane so as not to cause obstruction to other runners/walkers.
- The organizer reserves the right to use any photographs (including those of participants), motion pictures, recording or any other record of this event for a legitimate purpose, including commercial advertising.
- The organizer’s decision in respect of the results of the race [or] in respect of any matters and/or queries brought to the organizer’s attention is final and conclusive. Accordingly, the participant will comply with all Event rules and all instructions and guidelines given by the organizer.
- Notwithstanding anything in the rules and regulations of the event, the organizer shall not be liable to any participant for any liability in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for any loss of business, revenue or profits, anticipated savings or wasted expenditure, loss or damage of or to personal equipment belonging to the participant or any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever (notwithstanding that such loss was within the contemplation of the parties at the date of submitting the race entry) arising out of the participant taking part in the event or any other matter arising under this rules and regulations nor for an aggregate amount greater than the race entry fee paid by the participant. Without limiting the foregoing, the organizer will not be liable for any actions of any spectators or third parties unless otherwise set out herein. Accordingly, the participant expressly and irrevocably renounces, for him/herself, heirs and successors in title the right to any recourse or claims whatsoever against the organizer, its officer, employees, suppliers and/or sponsors and/or persons for whom it is answerable (“the Associated Parties”) as a result of any kind physical, mental, or other loss or damage whatsoever nature (including any loss of earnings, profits, or pain and suffering) suffered by the participant, directly or indirectly, or by his/her family or by any dependents and caused by an event in any way relating to the participant’s participation in event, and the participant undertakes, for himself/herself, heirs and successors in title to indemnify and hold harmless the organizer, and the Associated Parties for any costs and/or amount which they or any of them may be required to pay as a result of any recourse or claim aforesaid by whomsoever made. The participant also agrees to indemnify the organizer and the Associated Parties for any claim, actions liabilities or losses resulting from any breach of the participant’s declarations above and/or the participant’s negligent acts or omissions and/or willful misconduct.
The Participant irrevocably consents to:
a)His/her appearance in the event being filmed, recorded, incorporated and exploited in whole or in part in any television program, film, video or broadcast of whatever nature by all means and, in all media, and formats now or invented after the date of these rules and regulations; and
b) The use and reproduction of the participant’s name, likeness, appearance and photographs, films and recordings by all means and in all media for the purpose of advertising, publicity ad otherwise in relation to the event (and future events) and/or promotion of the event (and future events) and the commercial rights relating to the event (and future events) provided that such use does not imply direct endorsement by the participant of any official sponsor or supplier of the event.
c)Any film, photographs (by camera or mobile phone), or any other recording of moving or still picture, and all intellectual property in connection therewith (including but not limited to copyright) shall remain the property of the organizer, and where such intellectual property does not automatically vest in the organizer, there rules and regulations shall constitute a legally binding assignment thereof and/or the participant shall sign all reasonable documentation required to give effect thereto. Accordingly, any such recording shall not be used other than for private use without the organizer’s prior written consent.
d) These rules and regulations (and the documents referred to in them) constitute the entire agreement and understanding of the parties and supersede any previous agreement between the parties relating to the event. The participant acknowledges and agrees that in submitting the entry form (and the documents referred to in them) it does not rely on, and shall have no remedy in respect of, any statement, representation, warranty, understanding, promise or assurance (whether negligently or innocently made) of any person (whether party to these rules and regulations or not) other than expressly set out in these rules and regulations.
e) Nothing in these rules and regulations shall constitute or be deemed to constitute a partnership between the parties hereto or constitute or be deemed to constitute either party as agent of the other for any purpose whatsoever and neither party shall have authority or power to bind the other for any purpose whatsoever and neither party shall have authority or power to bind the other or to contract in the name of the other in any way or for any purpose.
f) No waiver by either party of a breach or a default hereunder shall be effective unless in writing and signed by both parties and any such waiver shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any subsequent breach or default of the same or similar nature.
g) To the extent permitted by law, all provisions of these rules and regulations shall be severable and no provision shall be affected by the invalidity or unenforceability of any other provision with the remaining provisions if necessary, being so amended as shall be necessary to give effect to the spirit of these rules and regulations so far as possible.
h) These rules and regulations shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of Malaysia and any dispute arising hereunder shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Malaysian Courts.
9) SAFETY AND HEALTH MEASURES
- Participants must be physically fit, in good health and should be free from any medical, physical, mental disability and chronic/infectious disease to complete their chosen race distance within the designated cut-off time.
- Participants are responsible for their own personal health insurance and wellbeing. Participants are strongly encouraged to go for a medical examination and/or consult their medical practitioner prior to registration and before the race day.
- Participants must retire from the race immediately if asked/requested to do so by any member of the officials, medical personnel or security officers.
Participants agrees that he/she is physically capable of competing in the event and agrees to be solely responsible for his/ her actions and the organize, its officers, employees, agents, affiliates, associated companies, sponsors or medical advisers are not responsible for any injury or illness that the participant may suffer as a result of his/her participation in the event (unless caused due to the negligence of the organizer). The participant accepts that should any medical or physical condition arise prior to the event which is likely to affect his/her ability to participate, the Participant will withdraw in accordance with these rules and regulations. must have the physical fitness suitable for the cate