TERMS AND CONDITIONS – 5K MERMAID RUN 2020
1. All participantsmust submit their entries and payment online through the website ticket2u.com
2. The registration for the event is open to:
i. 5KM : 6-years-old and above (Fun Run)
3. The Organizer will not be responsible for any damage or loss to participants’ items on that day.
4. The Organizers may, at their discretion refuse any entry, cancel or postpone the event without due notice in the event of any unforeseen circumstances. No claims of any kind arising from abandonment, cancellation or postponement of the event shall be entertained.
5. All successful entries are NON-TRANSFERABLE, NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-DEFERRABLE
6. The Organizers reserves the right to publish and display the names, their photographs and audio and/or visual recording for advertising and publicity purposes without compensation and prior notification to the participants of 5K Mermaid Run 2020.
7. The Organizer reserves the right to amend the Event race routes as the Organizer deems fit for the safety of the Participants and/or to prevent any potential hazards in the running of the Event, at any time without prior notice to the Participants. In such cases, every effort will be made to inform the Participants prior to the date of the Event. The Organizer shall not be held liable for any loss or inconvenience caused due to such changes.
8. The Organizer reserves the right to remove any participant deemed physically incapable of continuing with the race to prevent him/her from causing greater harm and injury to himself/herself.
9. The Organizer reserves the right, to modify, supplement or waive all or part of the event rules.
10. The Organizer reserves the right to close entries before the deadline without any prior notice or when the quota of a race is full.
11. The organization, content, design, graphics, and other materials related to this Site are protected under applicable copyrights and other proprietary laws, including but not limited to intellectual property laws. Without our prior written permission, the copying, reproduction, use, modification or publication of full or part of any such matters or any part of the Site by you is strictly prohibited.
12. All participants are to ensure that information submitted in the registration form is complete and accurate; otherwise, the participant’s registration will be suspended or terminated.
13. The confirmation of participation is ONLY VALID once the payment on the registration fees is confirmed.
14. Participants below 18 years of age need to seek parental or guardian consent before they register.
15. All entries are based on a first-come-first-serve basis unless otherwise stated.
16. All the participants in the event on his/her own responsibility and bears full responsibility as to his/her fitness condition and ability to participate.
17. Whilst every reasonable precaution will be taken by The Organizer to ensure participants' safety, participants partake in this event at their own risks and The Organizer, its sponsors and its appointed officials shall not be liable for any death or injury, loss or damage, suffered or otherwise and howsoever arising.
18. Change in sizes during collection of the race event tee is strictly not allowed. Participants must adhere to the race event tee sizes that they have registered for.
19. Upon confirmation of participation, change of category or other details will not be entertained.
20. Participants must run on the designated path for the entire route. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
21. All registrations have to be done before or by the deadline. Any registration on the spot will still be entertained but subject to availability.
22. All the participants were entitled to a medal with the condition they must reach the finishing line.
23. The run is open to all Malaysians.
24. At all times during the event, you must adhere to all instructions given by the Event officials. Participation in the Event is personal to the Team Member. They are strictly prohibited from swapping, selling or transferring or offering to sell, swap or transfer the place in the Event or allowing any other person to wear the Event number. Any breach of this Condition shall render the entry void. If you are found to be in breach of this condition we reserve the right to exclude you from participation in future Events.
25. All ideas, notes, suggestions, concepts and other information send by you to us (collectively, “Submissions”) shall be deemed and shall remain our sole property and shall not be subject to any obligation of confidence on our part. Without limiting the foregoing, we shall be deemed to own all known and hereafter existing rights of every kind and nature regarding the Submissions and shall be entitled to unrestricted use of the Submissions for any purpose, without compensation to the provider of the Submissions.
26. Completion of the registration form is an indication of the participant's agreement to abide by the rules and regulations of the 5K Mermaid Run 2020. Violation of any of the rules indicated herein may result in disqualification of any runner, team, and/or entire company for this and/or future events.
27. No pets or any form of wheel-run objects of transport e.g. inline skates, prams, push cars, shoes with built-in or attached rollers are allowed on the course other than official race and medical vehicles.
28. It is compulsory for the participants to display their race number at all times during the race. Failure to comply will result in the participants' disqualification from the race.
29. Race entry is non-transferable. Those who are found running with an unauthorized race number from The Organizer will be disqualified.
30. Participants hereby release, waive, discharge, and relinquish any action or causes of action for personal injury, property damage, or wrongful death which may occur during the event(s) or any pursuit incidental thereto. Participants further agree that under no circumstances will they prosecute or present any claim against the Event Organizer, or any member, legal entity or person associated with the Event Organizer (together, the “Event Organizer’s vendors”) for any causes of action, personal injury, property damage, or death, whether the same shall arise by the negligence or non-intentional conduct of any of the Event Organizer during the event(s) or any pursuit incidental thereto.
31. Participants are required to finish the race route, failure to do so will result in disqualification or will not receive any goodies bag.
32. Participants who own vehicles are required to make sure their vehicles would not cause any traffic problem.
33. Kids below 17 must accompany by 1 adult.\
1.I have read, understood and accepted the Terms and Conditions applicable to the MMR20 (the “Event”).
2. I fully understand, acknowledge and agree that I enter the Event at my own risk. I accept full responsibility and assume full liability for all such risks including any mishap, body injury, death, damage, accident, ill-health and hereby release and hold the Organizer harmless from any liability arising from my entry into the Event.
3. I hereby represent, warrant and undertake to the Organizer the following with full knowledge that they shall be relied upon by the Organizer in accepting my participation:
a) My personal particulars disclosed herein are true, accurate and correct;
I have no medical condition that would affect my safety and physical well-being arising from my participation in the Event and that I am medically and physically fit and competent to participate in the Event;
b) I shall fully abide by the Terms and Conditions of the Event and any applicable laws.
4. I confirm that the representations, warranties and undertakings stated in Clause 3 hereinabove are true and correct and I (and my heirs, successors and assigns) shall waive, release, discharge and undertake that I (and my heirs, successors and assigns) shall not make any claims or lodge any complaints whatsoever against the Organizer, Sponsors or officials of the Event for the results of the Event and/or the lucky draw, actions taken by the Organizer, any injury, death or losses/damages to property sustained during the Event.
5. Further I (my heirs, successors and assigns) shall indemnify and hold the Organizer, Sponsors, appointed officials/suppliers harmless from any claim, demand, proceedings, costs, expenses liabilities loss or damage (whether direct or consequential) made by third parties, arising from my breach of the representations, warranties and undertakings under Clause 3 hereinabove and/or breach of the Terms and Conditions of the Event.
6. Authorization has been given by parents/guardians of participants under 18 years of age with their own responsibility.