1. RHB Langkawi Ride 2020 ("RLR") (the "Event") is organised by RHB Bank Berhad (“the Organiser”). Educed Productions Works Sdn Bhd has been appointed as the Race & Technical Manager for this Event. The Rules and Regulations, Waiver, and all the Terms and Conditions (herein after referred to as "T&C") applicable to riders, can be found at the ensuing paragraphs accessible at www.rhblangkawiride2020.com ("Official Website").
2. A rider, being a person who has entered to take part in the Event, is deemed to have given written permission to the Organiser for the Organiser to collect, analyse and collate the personal information relating to that rider. By completing the official entry form, including through online registration, the rider signals his / her agreement to abide by these T&C.
3. The rider agrees that by providingthe personal information, the rider consentsto the Organiser processing their personal information for any and/or all of the following purposes (“Purpose”), if applicable:
- administering this Event and contacting the rider in relation to the same;
- cross-selling, marketing and promotions of products and/or services of the Organizer Group of Companies and its strategic alliances; or
- other related and legitimate business purposes;
4. The rider agrees that the rider personal information may be disclosed to other companies within the Organiser Group of Companies (which shall include its holding company, subsidiary(s), and any associated company(s), including any companyas a result of any restructuring, merger,sale or acquisition), service providers, and vendors and any of their respective agents,servants and/or such persons, whetherlocated within or outside Malaysia for the Purpose, if applicable, subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, standards, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to the Organiser.
5. The rider agrees that it is necessary for the Organiser to process the rider’s personal information for the Purpose, without which the rider will not be able to participate in this Event. The rider may exercise their options in respect of receiving marketing materials (including cross-selling, marketing and promotions as described above) by contacting the Organiser through the ContactDetails stated below.
6. Photographs/images, motion pictures, recording or any other record of the rider in the Event may be captured and may be used for the Organiser’s publications, any commercial advertising or other promotional purposes, where applicable.
7. The rider may request for correction, deletion or limit the processing thereof at any time hereafter by submitting such request via the following Contact Details:
Email: [email protected]
Telephone number: 03 - 9280 2676
Facsimile number: 03 - 2142 7573
8. The rider agrees to:
a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about the rider captured in the registration form (the "Registration Data");
b) maintain the security of the rider’s password and identification; and
c) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to ensure that it is true, accurate, current and complete. The Organiser may contact the rider from time to time by email. Any notice sent to the email address registered with the Organiser shall be deemed to be received by the rider concerned.
9. Once registration has been completed , there will be no fee refund for any rider who does not in due course take part in the Event, for any reason whatsoever. Registration is strictly non-transferable.
10. The Organiser reserves the right to modify or substitute any of these T&Cs from time to time. If there is ambiguity in any of these provisions, the Organiser shall be the sole authority to interpret and in so doing, it may take into account the interests of all affected riders. Any amendments to these T&Cs will be updated on the Official Website.
11. The Organiser reserves the right to cancel the Event at any time without prior notice to riders, in which case the Organiser will make the effort to inform riders prior to the date of the Event. If the Event has to be cancelled, there shall be no refund of fees paid. The Organiser shall not be liable for any consequential loss or inconvenience caused.
12. The Organiser reserves the right, at any time and without prior notice to riders, to amend the Event cycling routes as it deems fit for the safety of the riders and / or to prevent any potential hazards in the running of the Event. In such cases, every effort will be made to inform riders prior to the date of the Event. The Organiser shall not be liable for any loss or inconvenience consequential to such changes.
13. For any registration on behalf of any participant the principal member or the online user account owner shall be fully responsible to inform each member of the T&C of the Event and is deemed to have obtained each member participant’s approval to accept the T&C on their behalf. Each member participant who has authorised this online registration by their friend is also deemed to have read and accepted the Event T&Cs.
14. Condition of Entry
a) By registering his / her entry each rider indicates his / her acceptance of the conditions below. In order to participate in the Event, riders must comply with the age requirements specified in their category.
b) 100KM – Eagle Ride
i) Men’s Elite (Open to all Elite Riders)
ii) Men & Women’s Open (18yrs & above)
iii) Men’s Veteran (45yrs & above)
iv) Corporate / Open Team (18yrs & above)
c) 75km – Heritage Ride
i) Men & Women’s Open (18yrs & above)
ii) Men’s Veteran (45yrs & above)
d) 25km – Adventure Ride (13yrs & above)
15. Equipment and Age Group
Distance Categories of 100km, 75km and 25km.
For registration purposes, riders’ ages are calculated as frozen aged on 31st December 2020.
a) Men’s Elite Category – 100km Eagle Ride
Pro Cyclist, Continental Team, State & National riders including ex-National riders who have retired 3 years or less, from the time of registration, are only allowed to register for the Men’s Elite category. If any rider fails to comply with the conditions stipulated above, the rider will be disqualified immediately, and any wins in individual / team / challenge category will not be recognized.
b) Men & Women’s Open - 100km & 75km
i) For 100km and 70km distance categories, riders in Men Open and Women Open categories, must be at least 18 years as of 31st December 2020.
ii) A rider aged below 45 years old will automatically be registered under the Open Category in 100km or 75km distance categories only.
c) Men’s Veteran – 100km & 75km
i) A male rider is considered a veteran if his 45th birthday falls on or before 31st December 2020.
ii) If a male veteran wishes to participate in Men Open Category 100km or 75km, he needs to select "Men Open" during registration process.
d) Corporate/Open Team Category – 100km Eagle Ride
i) Corporate Team bike ride is only open to companies or organisations registered in Malaysia.
ii) The organiser reserves the right to invite or reject any corporate / open team from joining this Event.
iii) A maximum of 5 members is allowed for this corporate / open team bike ride both men and women.
iv) To determine the winning teams for corporate teams, the score of best 3 members in a team will be taken into account.
v) Every individual in a team is also qualified to win the individual title of the respective categories of 100km of Men Open, Women Open or Men Veteran.
vi) If any team fails to comply with the conditions stipulated above, the team will be disqualified immediately, and any win in Corporate Team will not be recognized.
e) 25km Adventure Ride
i) For 25km Adventure Ride category open to all, riders must be aged 13 and above as of 31st December 2020.
ii) Riders below the age of 18 as of 31st December 2020 are required to obtain parental / guardian’s consent and complete the indemnity declaration form and email to [email protected], failing which, the Organiser reserves the right to refuse entry.
16. Distances and durations indicated for all categories of rides are only approximate. The organiser reserves the right to amend such distances and durations should circumstance demand it.
17. Ride Equipment
a) In the 100km or 70km ride, ONLY Road Bikes, Sports Bikes, Touring Bikes, Hybrid Bikes, Mini Velo Bikes, Folding Bikes and Mountain Bikes are allowed.
b) The following bikes are STRICTLY NOT ALLOWED for any category :
i) Bikes with Disc Wheels / Rim Covers
ii) Bikes with Aero or Extension Bars
iii) Bikes with Fixed Wheels with No Brakes
v) Motorized Bikes
c) Bikes with Drop Handle Bars and / or Disc Brakes are allowed.
d) Tandem bicycles may be used by visually handicapped riders ONLY.
e) Riders who attend the Event with unapproved bikes will be prohibited to participate.
f) Riders should seek clearance from the Organiser on a case-by-case basis.
18. Winners and Prizes
a) A winning rider may elect to receive an award in another prize category to which he / she is entitled to, which might offer a higher value prize. Notwithstanding the rider’s election, his / her finishing positions in each relevant prize categories will not change.
b) Prizes may be awarded in non-monetary terms (where applicable)
c) The Organiser reserves the right to replace any winners if he / she is found to be disqualified.
d) Prize winners must report to the secretariat counter at event venue. In case a rider fails to do so, the Organiser may donate the cash prize money to charity.
e) All prize winning riders must present their original identification document, such as Identity Card or Passport, to collect their prize money.
f) All prizes not claimed within two (2) weeks from the Event date will be forfeited and the Organiser will be at liberty to redistribute or dispose of these proceeds as it sees fit.
g) Prizes must be taken, in the form as presented by the Organiser. They are not transferable or exchangeable and are subject to the T&C as determined by the Organiser.
h) “Gun Time” will determine the winners of all applicable categories.
i) All prize winners or potential prize winners wishes to appeal or dispute results must make such appeals on-site in person and in writing. Appeals must be received within 30 minutes after publishing of results on the board at the Event site, and must be accompanied by an appeal fee of MYR100 in cash. Failing to do so, the Organiser reserves the right not to entertain any disputes or appeal thereafter.
j) For all disputes on results, organisers and Malaysia National Cycling Federation’s (“MNCF”) decision is final and no other disputes thereafter will be entertained.
19. Ride Regulations
a) Riders are strictly NOT ALLOWED to transfer their ride entries to another party or change ride categories once their registration is confirmed.
b) All riders are to start in their allocated pen and wave time.
c) Riders will start from different Start Pens based on their estimated time of completion. Riders are NOT ALLOWED to change their assigned Pen. To allow riders to assemble, pens will open one hour before flag-off time for each category.
d) For safety reasons, riders who do not start on their respective flag-off time, may be disqualified and not be allowed onto the course.
e) All riders must follow designated routes, and are solely responsible for following the designated route and passing timing points.
f) Cut-off Time
i) Route officials will divert riders who are unlikely to finish the ride within the stipulated duration. Such riders will be guided to the designated diversion points along the route.
ii) For their own safety and to avoid being caught in between live traffic, riders must follow instructions.
iii) Riders who fail to do so may be removed from the route immediately. Finishers’ medals will not be issued to the aforesaid riders. The competitive rides category riders will be recorded as ‘Disqualified’ or ‘DNF’ (Did Not Finish) in the official timing.
g) All riders must abide by the standard Highway Code, national rules of the road as well as the direction of police, traffic management and Event officials during the ride.
h) Riders MUST NOT
i) Ride without a protective cycling helmet
ii) Ride dangerously or negligently;
iii) Use MP3 Players, iPods, Walkmans or other mobile music devices while riding.
iv) Use handheld cameras or telephones while riding.
v) Child seats on bicycles are not allowed.
i) All riders are to remain behind the safety escort lead vehicles and in front of the safety escort rear vehicles at all times.
j) The Event will take place regardless of bad weather and will only be cancelled, re-routed or stopped in extreme circumstances for safety reasons. The final decision on this will rest with the Organiser.
k) All race packs that are not collected on the designated collection day(s) will be available for collection for 5 working days within the working hours at the Organiser’s office. Thereafter the uncollected race pack(s) will be unpacked and no more collections will be allowed.
20. RIDERS’ ENTILTLEMENTS
a) All riders who successfully complete the ride in their chosen category will be awarded a Finisher’s Medal upon the presentation of their Cycling Bib to the respective officials.
b) All Finisher’s Medals are to be collected on Event day.
c) Such timing devices will officially record their finishing times. All such official finishing times will be posted on the website within 5 working days after completion of the Event.
21. SAFETY MEASURES
a) Whilst reasonable precautions will be taken by the Organiser to ensure riders’ safety, riders who take part in the Event do so at their own risk.
b) The Organiser will not be responsible or held liable for any injury or death howsoever arising from training for or by participating in the Event.
c) Riders are strongly encouraged to consult their medical practitioner prior to registration and before Event day.
d) The form on the reverse side of the cycling bib must be fully and accurately completed.
e) Riders must attach the assigned bib to the lower back of their cycling jersey. Riders who found not wearing a bib will be asked to leave the route.
f) All Riders must check and service their bikes before the Event, and ensure that their bikes are roadworthy prior to the start.
g) All Riders should at all times be aware of other cyclists around them.
h) All Riders are to keep to the left hand side of the road unless overtaking and are reminded to observe traffic rules at all times.
i) Overtaking on the left hand side is dangerous and will NOT be ALLOWED.
j) Riders are to call out when passing fellow riders.
22. RACE SUPPORT VEHICLE
a) The Organiser will provide race support vehicle to assist riders along the way.
b) Riders are not allowed to have its own vehicle support in the main peloton.
23. MEDICAL RECOMMENDATIONS
a) Mobile Neutral Services for bike maintenance and Medical Support will be available throughout the Event.
b) Riders MUST wear their cycling bib in order to receive such support.
c) Riders who require mechanical support or medical response while on the route, may seek assistance from race personnel, event staff or traffic management personnel.
d) Medical personnel reserve the right to remove a rider if he / she is judged to be physically incapable of continuing his / her ride without risk of serious injury to him / herself or others.
e) Medical personnel reserve the right to make the final call to send casualties to the nearest and / or recommended hospital.
f) Recommendations by the Organiser, to reduce medical risk:
i) Riders should drink plenty of fluids before, during and after their ride
ii) Riders over the age of thirty-five (35) years and who have not done much regular exercise in the recent past, are strongly encouraged to undergo a medical check-up prior to the Event; and
iii) Undertake a proper training regime to prepare for the Event.
g) All riders are covered under a basic Personal Accident insurance by RHB Insurance Berhad ("the Insurer").
i) This insurance coverage shall commence from the official start of the Event till the end of the Event.
ii) Each rider will be covered up to RM10,000coverage for Permanent Disability and Death
iii) The above is subject to standard policy terms, conditions and exceptions as stipulated by the Insurer.
iv) All claims need to be submitted within fourteen (14) days from the accident occurrence date with the completed claim form and supporting documents.
v) Any payouts are subject to assessments and approvals by the Insurer.
vi) Notwithstanding this, all riders are recommended to have their own personal accident or health insurance.
24. WEATHER POLICY
a) The Event will be held, rain or shine, unless the Organiser determines that conditions are too dangerous.
b) This will be based on a prudent decision made three (3) days before the Event day or on the Event day by the Organiser and local law enforcement officials.
c) If the Event is cancelled due to inclement weather, there will be neither refunds nor transfers.
d) In the event of inclement weather or unforeseen circumstances, the Organiser reserves the right to alter, cancel or eliminate any / all portions of the Event.
25. WAIVER EVENT
In consideration of the Organiser accepting this entry, and the registration to participate in the Event, the rider hereby waive and release any and all rights to claims for damages that the rider may have against the Organiser for holding this Event, their agents, representatives, successors, assigns, sponsors for any and all injuries, death and damage that the rider may sustain before, during or after the course of the Event or arising as a result of it. The rider hereby indemnify the Organiser and keep them indemnified and waived against all claims or damages that arise in consequence of the above.