1. I/WE HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE AND ASSUME ALL OF THE RISKS OF PARTICIPATING IN THIS EVENT. I/WE understand and acknowledge that there may be vehicle or pedestrian traffic on the course route, and I/We assume the risk of participating under these circumstances. I/We also assume any and all other risks associated with participating in this Event, including but not limited to the following: falls, dangers of collisions with vehicles, pedestrians, other participants, and fixed objects; the dangers arising from surface hazards, equipment failure, inadequate safety equipment; and hazard that may be posed by spectators or volunteers; and weather. I/We further acknowledge that these risks include risks that may be the result of negligent acts, omissions, and/or carelessness of the event organizer. I/We understand that I/We will be participating in the Event at my own risk, that I/We am responsible for the risk of participation in the Event.
2. I/WE WAIVE, RELEASE, AND FOREVER DISCHARGE the event organizer, event sponsors, event promoters, event producers, race directors, event officials, event staff, advertisers, property owners, volunteers, administrators, contractors, vendors, volunteers, all other persons or entities involved with the Event ("Released Parties"), from any and all claims, liabilities of every kind, demands, damages (including direct, indirect, incidental, special and/or consequential), losses (economic and non-economic), and causes of action, of any kind or any nature.
3. I/WE AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, and HOLD HARMLESS the Released Parties from any and all expenses incurred, Claims made by me or other individuals or entities, for liabilities assessed against the Released Parties, my breach or failure to abide by any part of this Agreement, my breach or failure to abide by any of the race rules and information, and/or my/our actions or inactions which cause injury or damage to any other person.
4. I/We hereby grant to the event organizer the right, permission, and authority to use my/our name, image, voice, and/or likeness, without compensation, captured during the Event, for any purpose whatsoever.
5. I/We acknowledge and agree that the event organizer, in its sole discretion, may delay or cancel the Event if it believes the conditions on the race day are unsafe. In the event the Event is delayed or cancelled for any reason, including but not limited to acts of God or the elements (including without limitation, wind, rain), public disaster, flood, race course conditions, or any other cause beyond the control of event organizer there shall be no refund of the entry fee or any other costs incurred in connection with the Event.
6. I/We understand that event organizer reserves the right, in its sole and complete discretion, to deny entry, revoke the entry application of any applicant at any time, and/or to disqualify any individual from the Event. Applicant expressly waives any claim for damages arising from the denial or revocation of an entry application.
7. A legal guardian who signs this Agreement on behalf of a minor (age 17 and below) hereby acknowledges that he or she has the legal capacity and authority to act on behalf of the minor and to legally bind minor to this Agreement.