KOTA KINABALU CITY BORNEO HALF MARATHON (05 JUNE 2022)
1. Kota Kinabalu City Borneo Half Marathon (“the event”) is organised by Dewan Bandaraya Kota Kinabalu and Kinabalu Running Club.
2. The Organiser reserves the right to amend the Terms & Conditions at any time at its sole discretion without any prior notice.
1. Questions about the Event. Please email [email protected]
1. Open to all FULLY VACCINATED residents in Malaysia.
2. Participants under 18 years of age:
By completing the registration form, you declare that you have obtained consent from your parent/guardian to participate in this event. You and your parent/guardian also accept the terms and conditions of the event and declare the Participant as capable of completing the distance of the event.
3. For an entry to be valid, a Participant must complete the registration form at (https://www.ticket2u.com.my/event/26590) or via www.borneomarathon.com
4. Any notice sent to the Participant’s email address registered with the Organiser shall be deemed as being received by the Participant.
5. The Organiser will not entertain nor be in any way responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete or inaccurate entry details in the registration form.
1. Participant must be FULLY VACCINATED (2 doses) against Covid-19.
2. Proof of full vaccination must be uploaded during online registration. Pdf copy of digital vaccination certificate can be obtained from your MySejahtera app.
3. The organiser reserves the right to prevent a Participant from running in the marathon if on Race Day he/she is found to have incomplete vaccination or if his/her MySejahtera status is Close Contact / Person Under Surveillance (PUS) / Suspected Case / Confirmed Case.
1. The electronic timing chip provided by the organiser must be used by all runners.
1. Once ticket is purchased, it is strictly non-transferable to another party and non-refundable under any circumstances (including those who purchased the ticket but eventually did not take part in the race for any reason).
2. If the event is not able to proceed due to unforeseen circumstances (e.g. restrictions by the government, movement control order etc), the participant’s registration will be automatically deferred to the next organised marathon with a 21km race distance category.
3. We are unable to accommodate requests for refund. However, in the next organised marathon, the Participant will be allowed to upgrade category (by topping up the differential sum between the two different categories) or downgrade category (with no refund of the differential sum).
1. Participant's age category is based on his/her age on the date of the Race.
2. Participants must fulfil the minimum age requirement in their respective age category. Those below 18 years old must obtain consent and approval from their parent/guardian prior to the race.
3. In the event that an age group has less than 5 participants, they will be combined with a younger age group category.
ADD ON MERCHANDISE
1. T-shirt size is strictly based on the size selected by the Participant during registration (refer to T-shirt size chart). Any request for size change will not be entertained.
2. T-shirt measurements are subject to 0.5” tolerance.
3. Add on merchandise will be given to participants when they come to collect their race pack during Race Pack Collection day (the day before the Race).
1. By entering this event, Participants acknowledge they are physically fit and able to compete in the event.
2. By completing the registration form, Participants agree to these Terms & Conditions and indemnify the Organiser, sponsors, employees and associates involved in this event directly or indirectly against all liability for any and all injury, loss or damage connected with the Participant’s participation in the event.
1. BHM2022 will enforce the cut off time of 3.5 hours (21km) and 2 hours (10km). Runners who exceed the cut off time will be ‘swept’ back to the start/finish venue.
2. Race Bib swapping is illegal. This is especially important as emergency contacts are registered with the bib. This will also ensure that there is no cheating. If this should happen the runner will be immediately disqualified and the identity will be posted to all running
3. For security reasons the Police, Dewan Bandaraya Enforcement Agency, Officials and Course Marshalls will not allow runners without a running bib. They will be stopped and taken off the course immediately for further action. Offenders will have their pictures taken and details shared to other race organisers.