World Osteoporosis Day Sandakan 2022
Held in conjunction with World Osteoporosis Day Sandakan 2022, this is a family themed fun cycle, non competitive event. (YES, you may just purchase the t-shirt and come for the lucky draw if you do not want to cycle :P)
Discounted rates for seniors >60yo and children <12yo! Bring your bicycle along and ride with us as we encourage our elders to move and exercise regularly to prevent osteoporosis.
Registration fee includes
- T shirt, door gift, goodie bag, ONE lucky draw ticket and insurance coverage! (collection date to be announced, sorry no delivery service provided. Sponsor logos on t-shirt subject to change)
- Do check out our attractive LUCKY DRAW prizes. You could walk home with a new TV/bicycle!
There are TWO cycling routes (non competitive) and you can choose either one:
Route A (flag off 7am): 5km - Around Bandar Utama, Mile 6 (for first time cyclists, beginners)
Route B (flag off 630am): 20km - From Bandar Utama, Mile 6 to POIC entrance and back
What is osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis literally means ‘porous bone’. It is a condition where bones become thin and lose their strength and their quality is reduced leading to broken bones, which cause pain and disability. It is often called the ‘silent disease’ because most are unaware that they have the disorder until they break a bone after a minor fall. Broken bones due to osteoporosis can be life-changing, with a serious impact on quality of life, mobility, and independence - a hip fracture has up to 25% mortality in the first year!
1. May I just register for the event for the lucky draw ticket and t-shirt but choose not to cycle?
Yes you may.
2. Can you deliver the t-shirt/goodie bag?
Sorry unfortunately we do not provide delivery services
3. Where and when will the event pack collection be?
We will announce the event pack collection nearing the date, early November. Please make sure to check your emails! :)
4. May I walk/skateboard/roller blade instead of cycling?
Yes you may.
Contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions :)