A 100-kilometer ultra marathon on the hottest stretch of tar sealed road in Malaysia, where day temperatures can exceed 37ºC, in one of the hardest foot races in Borneo.
Entry Fee: RM300 per person (USD$100) inclusive of a 2 way bus transfer from Kota Kinabalu to River Park Hotel or a hotel in 'old beaufort town' and return to Kota Kinabalu after the race including an event tee to raise awarness of Autism and an official finisher's tee courtesy of 2nd Skin.
The Beaufort Ultra Marathon has moved towards the full 100-kilometer ultra marathon on the hottest stretch of tar sealed road in Malaysia, where day temperatures can exceed 39ºC with a cut off finish time of 16 hours for all runners.
Conservative cut off times will be imposed at strategic sections of the race course at water stations along the route in the lead up to the 15 hour mark.
Because you want to be pushed beyond your limits and want a new challenge, different from the norm.
Experienced, seasoned marathon and ultra marathon runners with a desire to compete against like minded, seasoned, experienced marathon runners. All competitors applying to complete in the Beaufort 100K must submit results from either:
- 2 marathons they have participated in over the last 24 months including event name, your bib number, your official finish times.
- 1 ultra marathon (minimum 50km)they have participated in over the last 12 months including event name, your bib number and official finish times.
Participating in an event and finishing with a DNF does not qualify a runner to participate in the Beaufort 100.
This event is NOT for new or in-experienced runners and is catered for runners who are conditioned and experienced enough to understand their needs during the course of a marathon and ultra marathon.
- Mobile Phone (fully charged and the ringer set to LOUD and the phone ON during the race)
- Sun Cap/Running Cap
- Ability to carry a minimum of 500ml of drinking water
- Road running shoes
- Electrolytes (sufficient quantity to sustain you for the duration of the race)
- Energy bar or gels (sufficient quantity to sustain you for the duration of the race)
- Headlamp (minimum 80 lumens) with a new set of batteries
- Light wind jacket
- Reflective vest
- Red blinking light (to be fixed to the back of your pack)
- Running pouch to store gels or energy bars
- Running pouch with 2 water bottles for drinking water and electrolytes
- Polarized or standard sunglasses
- Buff Scarf
- Sunblock (minimum SPF 30)
Changes to the Beaufort 100k Ultra Marathon from previous race:
- Runners can opt to book a stay at River Park Hotel in Beaufort on Saturday, 7th June 2014 by contacting the hotel directly at:
- Phone: 087-223333
- Fax: 087-223388
Rates (as of December 2013):
- Superior Twin/Double - RM119 NETT
- Deluxe Twin - RM129 NETT
- Deluxe King - RM149 NETT
- The hotel has family rooms and suites. For exact pricing and availability of rooms, please contact the hotel directly.
- A two way bus transfer is included in your entry fee for all runners. Please indicate on the registration form if you wish to take up this offer by indicating 'YES'. Runners who do not inform us of the need for transport to Beaufort will not be allocated a seat.
- Departure location: Mega D'Aru Hotel, Tanjung Aru on Saturday 7th June 2014 at 3.00pm.
- Runners must make their way to this departure point to board the shuttle bus.
-Runners must register themselves at the Riverview Hotel in Beaufort between 6pm-8pm on the 7th June 2014.
-Water stations are split over the 100km route according to the breakdown below:
Kilometer 10, Kilometer 20, Kilometer 30, Kilometer 40, Kilometer 50, Kilometer 60, Kilometer 70, Kilometer 80, Kilometer 90, Finish Line.
-Competitors may pass the organizers 1 drop bag for the half way point containing additional energy gels/bars, electrolytes, change of shoes/clothes, etc during registration and this bag will be transported to the half way point for competitors and then subsequently to the finish line
-Runners may opt to fly out of Kota Kinabalu after 7.30pm onwards on Sunday, 8th June 2014 but must board their mini buses with at least 4 hours before their departure times. Mini buses will depart from finish line at intervals as the vans fill up from 3.00pm onwards. Please note journey time from finish line to Kota Kinabalu is no less than 2 hours depending on traffic on the highway.
- Registration at the meeting room, Riverview Hotel, Beaufort between 6.00pm-7.00pm. All runners must be present in person to sign the waiver forms and to collect their race bib numbers and event tee.
- Short briefing for runners at 7.30pm by the race director and a question and answer session.
- 3.30am Runners meet at lobby river view hotel to sign in for the race
- 3.50am Final briefing from the race director prior to the start of the event.
- 4.00am Start of Beaufort Ultra Marathon
Terms and Conditions
Our Registration/Payment policy: All competitors should complete payment within 7 days upon submission of registrations. The SAC does not have a policy of holding race slots beyond the 7 day period and registrations will be deleted if no payment is made. Reminders will not be sent out. Registrations close 15th April 2014 or once all slots have been sold out. All registrations are on a first come first basis and payments are due within 48 hours of completing your registrations. For overseas runners, please contact the organizers for assistance on how to complete your payment via PAYPAL so you are able to complete payment using your credit cards. All competitors are required to complete payment to our Sabah Adventure Challenge account. Payment is only confirmed when we receive (via email or fax) a copy of your bank-in slip immediately upon payment. We apologize but we are unable to accept PAYPAL payments for this event. Payment should be made to: ADVENTURE CHALLENGE, PUBLIC BANK BERHAD, ACCOUNT: 318-761-0407, Email us your payment slip to: [email protected]
or fax us at 087-414199. Important Note: Runners suffering the following medical conditions ARE NOT ALLOWED to participate in this event: Congenital or rheumatic heart conditions, Hypertension, Myocarditis and other heart conditions, Coronary heart disease, coronary arterial disease, Serious arrhythmia, Diabetes, Any other disease which can be aggravated by running. Runners also hereby agree to abide by the official race mandatory kit requirements and understand failure to adhere to the mandatory kit list will result in your disqualification from either STARTING the event or being disqualified and stopped from proceeding at any point in time during the event. You are responsible for your own success or failure in this event.