GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
- By signing up for the Event, the Participant agrees to follow all the race Rules and Regulations set by the Organiser.
- Registration is valid once payment is received and VERIFIED by the Organiser. Any incomplete entries without payment will NOT be valid.
- Participants are not allowed to transfer their race entries to another party or change race categories after their registration is confirmed UNLESS allowed by the Organiser in written form.
- Participants run solely at their own risk and the Organiser will not be responsible or held liable for any injury or death during or after participation in the Event. Participants are strongly encouraged to go for a medical examination and/or consult their medical practitioner prior to competing in this Event.
- Only registered Participants are allowed to participate in this Event. No other person besides the registered Participant can use the race bib to enter and compete in this Event. Any person who violates this rule will be DISQUALIFIED and BANNED from future events.
- 20 pax or more gets a 5% discount. Contact the Organiser for further arrangements.
NO REFUND POLICY
- Once the registration has been processed, there will be NO REFUND for whatever reason that caused you to not be able to attend the Event.
- However, we will allow a BIB TRANSFER policy only. You can transfer your bib to another person with at least 1-MONTH ADVANCE NOTICE before the Event date. A processing fee of RM30.00 per bib transfer will be charged.
• The Organiser reserves the right to amend the event Routes as the Organiser deems fit for the safety of the Participants and/or to prevent any potential hazards during the race at any time without prior notice to the Participants. In such cases, every effort will be made to inform the Participants prior to the date of the Event. The Organiser shall not be held liable for any loss or inconveniences caused due to such changes.
• Any protest must be in writing addressed to the Organizer within 20 minutes of participant’s finish time.
• RM150.00 deposit is required and if the protest is successful, deposit will be refunded.
• All participants must be at the start/finish area 1 hour or earlier before race starts.
• Transition area will be open 1 hour before race & only participants with BIB are allowed to enter.
• Participants are allowed to rack/park their bicycles 1 day early. Transition area will be open at 3:00 pm on Saturday.
• Treat other athletes, race officials, volunteers, and spectators with respect and courtesy.
• All participants must follow the cut-off time given by the Event organiser. Failure to comply will result in the participant being
• Runners must wear their BIB in-front at all times.
• Runners must use proper running shoes at all times. Running bare foot is not allowed.
• Wearing headphones is not allowed.
• Pacers are not allowed.
• Runner must run on the designated lane at all times.
• Cyclist must wear their BIB at the back of their apparel and must be visible all times.
• Cyclist must ensure bicycle number is properly secured at their seat post all the times.
• Cyclist must use a helmet at all times.
• In any condition, cyclist may push or run with their bicycle to the finishing line.
• Free to draft with other cyclists but not with moving or support vehicle/motorcycle.
• Please give way to the fast riders by cycling on the far left.
• Please do not overtake from the left side.
• Wearing headphones is not allowed.
• No riding in the transition area. Please observe the mounting and dismounting LINE during the exit and entering.
• Cyclist is responsible for their own safety and compliance with traffic laws while on the road. Please take note that the roads are not fully
closed for the entire course.
Men Team / Mixed Team category
• The running team mate must first pass the baton to the cycling team mate in order to proceed with the race.
**Failure to abide by the rules above will result in disqualification of the participant**
Waiver of Liability & Participant’s Declaration
I hereby acknowledge and agree that by registering and participating in KINABALU DUO TERRA RACE;
I am aware that the event is an endurance event and participating in it would carry some inherent risks that may result in accidents, personal injuries or death and that I am undertaking such risks voluntarily and at my own risk;
I have consulted a medical doctor prior to registration for the event and have the necessary level of fitness to complete the event safely and will notify the event organiser in event of any change in medical condition, fitness or ability to participate;
I agree to comply with the rules and regulations set by the event organiser and its Technical Officials and acknowledge that failure to do so would result in not being allowed to participate or complete the race entered without any refund;
Not to hold liable, claim, demand, or institute proceedings against the event organiser and their officials (including the Technical Delegate, Assistant Technical Delegate and other Technical Officials) in respect of any accidents, injuries or loss of life whatsoever as a result of my participation in the event and will indemnify the said parties from any such liabilities, claims, damages losses, demands, costs and expenses arose from such claims, demands or proceedings whether instituted by me or on my behalf or by any third party;
I acknowledge and agree that the event organiser alters any part of race course or cancel any segment of the race or the entire race in the event of unfavourable weather or hazardous conditions or unavoidable reasons beyond the control of the event organiser (force majeure) no claims would be made against the event organiser.