|LABUAN DUATHLON||CUT OFF TIME|
|5km Run||40 mins|
|30km Cycling||1 hr 20 mins|
|5km Run||45 min|
- THE ORGANISER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO AMEND THE TERMS & CONDITIONS AT ANY TIME AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION WITHOUT ANY PRIOR NOTICE.
- Once ticket is purchased, it is strictly non-transferable to another party and non-refundable under any circumstances (including those who purchased the ticket but eventually did not take part in the race for any reason).
- If the event is not able to proceed due to unforeseen circumstances (includes but not limited to e.g. restrictions by the government, movement control order, etc), the participant’s registration will be automatically deferred to the next organised event. Requests for refund will not be entertained. However, in the next event, the Participant will be allowed to upgrade category (by topping up the differential sum between the two different categories) or downgrade category (with no refund of the differential sum).
- Any protest must be in writing addressed to organizer within 20 minutes of participant's finish time.
- RM150.00 deposit is required and if the protest is successful, deposit will be refunded.
- Protests after the event will not be entertained.
- All participants must be at the start/finish area 1 hour or earlier before race starts.
- If there are fewer than 10 participants in a specific age group, you will be transferred to the next category that has enough participants. For example, if there are fewer than 10 participants in a Men/Women Veteran category, you will be transferred to a lower age group with enough participants.
- Practice good sportsmanship at all times.
- Treat other athletes, race officials, volunteers, and spectators with respect and courtesy.
- Bare torso is stricly prohibited and automatically disqualified.
- All participants must follow the cut-off time given by the Event organiser. Failure to comply will result in the participant being automatically disqualified.
- After transition entrance is closed, participants who have not yet signed in, will not be able to enter and he/she cannot participate in the race.
- Transition area will be open 1 hour before race & only participants with BIB/WRIST BAND are allowed to enter.
- Friends / Family members are not allowed to enter the transition area.
- Your racing gears (shoes/gels/helmets/etc) must be in the basket or perimeter area designated for you. YOU will be given a PENALTY (2 minutes) if all your gears are not in place.
- Runners are required to wear their BIB in-front at all times and must be visible at all times.
- Runners must use proper running shoes at all times. Running bare foot is NOT allowed.
- Running with headphones (including open air-bone type) is NOT ALLOWED.
- No pacers are allowed.
- Runner must run on the designated lane at all times.
- Duathlon: Running route for 1st & 3rd leg using the same route.
- Cyclist must wear their BIB at the back of their apparel and must be visible at all times.
- Cyclist must ensure bicycle numbers are properly secured at their seat post all the time.
- Cyclist must use their helmet all the time.
- In any condition, cyclist may push or run with their bicycle to the finishing line.
- Cycling with headphones (including open air-bone type) is NOT ALLOWED.
- TIME TRIAL BIKES are NOT ALLOWED TO DRAFT due to safety reasons. Refer Waiver & Declaration below.
- Cyclists drafting on a Time Trial Bike will be DISQUALIFIED.
- Please give way to the faster riders by cycling on the far left.
- Please do not overtake from the left side.
- No riding in the transition area. Please observe the mounting and dismounting LINE for the exit and entering.
RELEASE AND INDEMNITY
I hereby agree to abide by the terms & conditions of Labuan XMultisport Challenge 2023 (hereinafter referred to as “the Event”) which will be held at Labuan International Sea Sport Complex, Labuan F.T., Malaysia on 23 September 2023.
1. I acknowledge and agree that my participation in the Event is entirely voluntary and at my own risk.
2. I have read, understood and accepted the Rules and Regulations applicable to the Event.
3. I have been made fully aware of, and fully understand and acknowledge the risks involved in my participation in the Event. I accept full responsibility and assume all such risks.
4. I confirm that the representations, warranties and undertakings are true and correct and I (and my heirs, successors and assignees) shall waive, release, discharge the Organizers from any claim and undertake that I (and my heirs, successors and assignees) shall not make any claim or complaint whatsoever against the Organizers for any loss or damage or injury sustained by me, or for my death arising from, during or after the Event.
5. I hereby certify that I am sufficiently fit physically to compete in the Event and that I have not been advised otherwise by a qualified medical professional.
6. I accept that all the organizer’s and Judge’s decisions with regards to the Event are final.
7. No person who is not a party to this Waiver shall have any rights to enforce any of the terms therein.
8. I am aware that if I am using a Time Trial Bike for the event, I will not hold the organisers, the organising committee and partners responsible for any claims and against all loss, actions, demands, claims, charges, damages whatsoever in respect of any injury sustained during the race. I fully understand that by using a time trial bicycle I will not be allowed to draft due to safety reasons and will be disqualified.
I wish to enter the Event and hereby agree to abide strictly by the above Terms & Conditions. In consideration of the acceptance of my entry, I, my heirs, successors and assignees, do hereby unconditionally waive and release the Organizers, their sponsors, all officials, persons and agencies involved in this Event, from all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs, expenses and whatsoever, that may arise from my participation, including without limitation, personal injury and death. I also certify that I am physically fit to participate in this Event.