Rules & Regulations
1. "HEY V RUN 4.0 and Balloon Carnival" is organised by Lions Club of Melaka Raya (LCMR) with the objective of promoting awareness on Four (4) areas, namely:
H - Humanitarian & Hunger Relief, Concerned with or seeking to promote human welfare,
E - Protecting the Environment,
Y - Engaging the Youth and
V - Sharing the Vision.
2. All participants in the Event shall be bound by the terms and conditions as mentioned herein.
3. The Participants are required to register for the Event by completing and submitting the prescribed registration form through online registration system via ticket2u.com.my / manual google form submission of registration designated by LCMR. For avoidance of doubt, the registration form submitted will only be processed and validated upon confirmation of receipt of the prescribed fees by LCMR. There shall be no refund of the registration fees for any reason whatsoever and non-transferable to any other party.
4. Participant below the age of 18 years shall seek the consent of their parent/guardian with regards to the participation in the Event. The Registration Form completed and submitted to LCMR shall be the conclusive evidence of the same being consented by the respective parent/guardian. The parent/guardian must ensure the understanding, observance, compliance and adherence of the Rules and Regulations by the minor participant. LCMR shall have the absolute discretion to refuse participation of the Run / Event by the Minor Participant.
5. All participants must ensure the care of their personal belongings and the public properties or amenities in the vicinity of the Event's location. In the event any of the Participants damage or causes any damage to the surrounding environment, public properties or amenities during the Event, the Participant must fully indemnify LCMR or any third party in respect of such damage or loss.
6. LCMR reserves the sole and absolute right to postpone, cancel, interrupt or stop the event due to any Act of God, which includes adverse weather conditions, national emergency, war, pestilence, strike, lockout, industrial action, fire, flood, drought, tempest, dangerous situations, or any other events beyond the control of LCMR without any prior notice. The Participant shall not have any other claim for costs damage compensation whatsoever against LCMR.
7. LCMR shall have the sole and absolute right to stop any Participant from participating or continue participating in the Run / Event without assigning any reason whatsoever. LCMR shall have the final determination of the winners for the Run.
8. Participants are required to wear the T-Shirt provided by LCMR throughout the Run and adequate and sufficient sports footwear is compulsory during the Run. Participants shall comply with the instructions of a Marshall and/or traffic officer.
9. LCMR shall have the absolute discretion to make any amendment, deletion, modification or substitute any part of the Rules and Regulations whether wholly or partially as and when it deems appropriate without prior notice to the Participants.
HOT AIR BALLOON TETHERED RIDE
1. Each ticket entitles for one person, per one time use only on first-come first-served basis.
2. The tethered balloon ride is subject to weather conditions. The balloon will not be able to be inflated if there is any sign of strong wind (more than 5 knots), thunder, lightning or rain.
3. Children below 120CM and pregnant ladies are prohibited to ride the balloon due to safety reasons.
4. Subject to weather conditions, the organiser reserves the right to change or cancel the scheduled tethered balloon rides and restrict number of passengers without prior notice.
5. The organiser reserves the right to deny admission or request a person to leave the area due to violation of rules and unsafe, illegal or offensive behaviour.
6. Passengers and guardians/parents hereby acknowledge the responsibility of ensuring safety rests solely on them. Hence, the organiser and operator or their agents shall not be liable for any loss, claim, liability, expense, demand or damage to accessories, contents, property or for death or injury suffered to any persons while participating or watching the event whatsoever arising.
7. Should the passengers arrive later than scheduled, the Organiser has the right to forfeit your ticket.
8. Maximum weight per ride is 200kg (2 to 3 passengers).
9. Tethered balloon ride tickets cannot be brought forward to any other date if the flight is cancelled.
10. Reselling of tickets is prohibited. The organiser reserves the right to reject any tickets that have been resold.
11. Tethered Ride Entry Ticket Policy : Any online registration and purchased done on Hot Air Balloon Tethered Ride through ticket2u.com.my and Manual Google Form shall present their official purchase registration receipt, name in order to redeem for the Tethered Ride Entry Ticket at Lions Club Ticket Counter, between 7.00am to 9.30am on event day.
Indemnity Release / Waiver
In consideration of, and as part of the agreement for the opportunity to participate in HEY, V RUN 4.0 & Balloon Carnival on 5 November 2023 (“the Event”), the activities of the Event, services provided by Lions Club of Melaka Raya (“the Organiser”), agree to hold harmless, indemnify and release the Organiser, its race organizers, partners, officers, affiliated companies, directors, employees, agents, associates and suppliers (collectively as Releasee) from and for all accidents, claims, losses, damages and liabilities (including but not limited to death, liability, injury, loss/damage to the Releasor and their Property) which might occur during the Event, including but not limited to those losses arising out of the strict liability or the joint or concurrent passive negligence of the Releasee, I expressly assume any and all such risks with respect to the Event and the activities and circumstances described herein and pledge and undertake not to sue the Releasee or any one or more of them on account of any losses, claims, costs, liabilities or damages.
I hereby consent to the use of my name and/or photographs, likenesses and any reproduction thereof and/or the recordings and reproductions of my voice and other sound effects, by the Releasee and their respective licensees, successors and assigns in any media anywhere in the world.
I understand that I should seek medical advice from my doctor if I am in any doubt as to my physical ability to take part in the Event. In case of emergency situations where my specific consent is impossible or impracticable, I hereby authorise any reasonable necessary medical attention and care by the Organiser, its race organisers, and their paramedics.