TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before confirming your registration and making payment. By completing your registration as a Participant in the Event, you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions laid out below.
1. " Uni-Nature Run @ Segamat 3.0 2023 " (“Event”) is organised and hosted by Majlis Perwakilan Komander Kesatria (MPKK) Batalion VI UiTM Cawangan Johor Kampus Segamat (“Organiser”) in accordance with these Terms and Conditions (“T&Cs”) and all other terms and conditions stated hereunder in this Event Website (“Event Page”) are applicable to all Participants.
3. Completion of the online registration form herein confirms the Participant’s agreement to abide and be bound by these T&Cs.
4. Registration for the Event (“Event Entry”) is only confirmed upon payment and issuance of a receipt will be through the Participant’s registered email address.
5. The Participant agrees to: (i) provide true, accurate, latest and complete information about the Participant as per the registration form (Section “Personal Information”); and (ii) maintain and promptly update the Personal Information to keep it true, accurate, latest and complete. MPKK may contact the Participant from time to time through the official communication channel which is email. Participants may also be contacted via telephone call, or facsimile. Any notice sent to the e-mail address registered for the Event with MPKK shall be deemed as received by the Participant.
6. If the Participant provides any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current and/or incomplete, and/or if MPKK have grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current and/or incomplete, MPKK may suspend or terminate the Participant’s registration. MPKK is also entitled to disqualify the Participant in the event of the discovery of any such untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete information after the Event is completed and/or at any time of such discovery during the Event.
7. MPKK reserves the right to modify or substitute any of these T&Cs from time to time as they deem fit. If there is ambiguity in any of these provisions, MPKK shall be the authority to interpret and in so doing, MPKK will endeavour to take into account the interests of all the affected Participants. Any amendments to these T&Cs will be updated on the Event Page. It is the responsibility of the Participant to keep abreast with any changes.
8. MPKK reserves the right to cancel the Event at any time without prior notice to the Participant, in which case they will make reasonable effort to inform the Participant prior to the date of the Event. If the Event is cancelled, there shall be no refund of any fees paid. MPKK, Event Partners, Event Sponsors or Co-Sponsors shall not be liable for any loss or inconvenience caused.
9. MPKK reserves the right to use any photographs, motion pictures, recordings, or any other media records (including those displaying the Participant) of the Event, for any legitimate purpose, including commercial advertising.
10. MPKK reserves the right to limit and/or refuse an Event Entry (or entries) of any Participant without assigning any reason. Any appeal or challenge will not be accepted or entertained.
11. MPKK will not entertain nor be in any way responsible for any dispute arising from incomplete Event entry details.
12. MPKK is entitled to engage services of any third party services at any point of time during the Event as deemed fit.
1. The Participant takes part in the Event at their own risk and shall be responsible for their own safety. MPKK, Event Sponsors and/or Co-Sponsors shall not be responsible or held liable for any injury or death howsoever arising from training for or during participation in the Event. The Participant is strongly encouraged to consult their medical practitioner in respect of their health prior to registration and before the Event starts.
2. All Participants shall comply with the Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases Act 1988 (Act 342) and all regulations made pursuant thereto including but not limited to the Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases (Measures Within Infected Local Areas) (Movement Control) Regulations 2021 [P.U.(A) 8]. All activities shall strictly be in compliance with any standard operating procedure, guidelines, rules, and regulations imposed by the relevant authorities from time to time. Unless otherwise allowed by the relevant authorities of Malaysia, no Participant shall run in a group or in enclosed any places.
3. Any Participant who has a body temperature exceeding 37.5 degree Celsius or has any Covid-19 symptoms or is tested positive for Covid-19 during the Event shall adhere to the procedures and processes set by the relevant authorities.
4. Any Participant who has been in close contact with a Covid-19 positive person less than 14 days prior to the Event shall also adhere to the procedures and processes set by the relevant authorities.
3. Eligibility Requirements
1. This Event is open to all residents of Malaysia and those residing in and out of Malaysia during the duration of the Event.
2. A Participant must be 18 years old and above on the Event day to participate in the Event.
3. If a Participant who is 18 years old and below (“Minor”) wishes to participate in the Event, the Minor must seek the written consent of their parents and/or legal guardian. MPKK reserves the right to obtain such written consent from the Minor. The Minor and their parents and/or legal guardian shall also be bound by the T&Cs set out herein.
4. Participants are responsible for their own personal health insurance and well-being.
5. MPKK is not responsible for any injury or damage that occurs from training, during or as a result of the Event. Participants are encouraged to consult with their medical practitioner prior to the Event and prior to registering for the Event.
6. MPKK reserves all rights to reject and/or cancel any registration of any Participant who fails to fulfil the Eligibility Requirements stated herein.
4. Registration and Terms of Participation
1. The Registration Period shall be indicated on the Event Page. Any late registrations will not be accepted or entertained and the decision is final.
2. Each Participant is allowed to register only once and one category per Event . MPKK reserves the right to cancel and/or terminate any registration of entry by any Participant in the event MPKK detects any duplicate entry of registrations.
3. After registration and payment of registration fees, there will be no refund of fees to the Participant for any reason whatsoever. Registration fees and Event Entries are also not transferable.
4. Participants shall read and understand the details of the Event as stated in the Event Page and/or this T&C to understand the rules for submitting the activities or step results and syncing (“Results Submissions”).
5. Participants shall check their registered email for the Event regularly for any Event update by MPKK.
5. Cancellation and Disqualification
1. Results as determined by MPKK shall be FINAL and no appeal will be allowed. No dispute will be entertained.
2. MPKK reserves all rights to disqualify any Participant who is found to be cheating, refusing to adhere to the T&Cs and/or in any way behaving in a manner which MPKK in their absolute discretion finds to be offensive or inappropriate.
3. Participants and/or their activities will be automatically disqualified (DQ) if one of the following is identified/occurs: -
- Suspicious/faulty results
- Failure to respond to any clarifications raised by the result enforcement officer within 72 hours upon the receipt of such query from the Participant. The Participant shall be contacted through the official communication channel which is the registered email address.
- MPKK reserves the right to disqualify at any time any Participant who is suspected of fraud, or if MPKK believes that the Participant’s submission and/or result has been manipulated in any way by machines, computers and/or any other means.
- MPKK reserves the right to make the necessary actions and decisions based on the activity and proof that has been submitted to MPKK.
- Participants who are disqualified will not be eligible for any entitlements, refunds, rewards or prizes. The decision is final and no further correspondence or appeal will be entertained.
1. All Participants who have successfully completed the Event in accordance with this T&Cs will be awarded an e-certificate. The E-Certificate can be downloaded after the event.
2. Participants who have not completed the Event in accordance with the Event’s requirement set by MPKK will not be entitled to the E-Certificate.
1. Eligibility of Finisher medal will depend on the rewards criteria. Participants will not be eligible for these rewards if it has not been purchased and/or the finisher status is not fulfilled.
2. Rewards given out by MPKK and/or other partners are on an “as is” basis and are non-transferable, non-refundable and non-exchangeable for cash, items or with vouchers of other denominations, whether in part or in full.
3. Any Reward won which is unclaimed within the specified timeframe by any Participant will be forfeited. The Reward will thereafter be deemed to have lapsed unconditionally and irrevocably. Participants whose Reward has been forfeited or unclaimed are not entitled to any form of payment or compensation from MPKK and/or any partners notwithstanding non-receipt of notification by MPKK and/or any partners.
4. The decision of MPKK and/or any partners shall be final, and no further appeal will be entertained.
5. MPKK reserves the right to modify, amend, replace, or cancel the Rewards and eligibility of the rewards at any time without prior notice to the Participant, in which case they will make reasonable effort to inform the Participant prior to the date of the Event.
8. Entitlement/Reward Criteria
1. The Participants’ Entitlement/Reward(s) will be detailed in the Event Page. However, as a general rule, the Entitlement/Reward(s) for the Participant will be based on either the category chosen, price paid and/or the achievement completed by the Participant. Such eligibility will be entirely based on the discretion of MPKK.
2. Participants’ Entitlement/Reward(s) will be based on ALL of the following criteria: -
- Terms and conditions set out for the specific Entitlements/Rewards.
- Participant completes minimum individual mileage of the event (3KM/6KM/12KM).
- Eligibility of Participants
3. Finisher Medal eligibility will depend on whether the participant completes their individual mileage (3KM/6KM/12KM).
4. MPKK reserves the right to change any reward/winning criteria of the rewards as they see fit with no notice. MPKK’s decision is final and no further correspondence or appeal will be entertained.
9. Waiver and Acknowledgment Clause
1. By registering for this Event, you hereby confirm that (1) you have fulfilled the Event requirements as stated in the T&Cs herein and you are in good health and proper physical condition to participate in the Event; (2) you are not under the influence of alcohol or any illicit or prescription drugs which would in any way impair your abilities to safely participate in the Event.
2. You understand and acknowledge that the participation in the Event may involve risks and dangers. You agree that it is your sole responsibility to determine whether you are sufficiently fit and healthy to participate in the Event and that your participation in this event is at your own risk and expense.
3. You agree that (1) you have read and understood the T&Cs herein; (2) you will adhere to and comply with all the T&Cs; (3) you will not in any circumstance hold the MPKK and all personnel involved in organising and/or sponsoring this Event, including their representatives, staff, employees and/or contractors, responsible against any cost and expense, and liability that may arise from your participation in this Event; (4) you expressly waive all claims for any injuries, death, financial losses and invalidity to you or any of you which may be caused by any act, omission, or failure to act on the part of the Organiser, sponsors, their representatives, staff, employees, contractors during the course of the Event; (5) MPKK and/or Sponsors/Co-Sponsors for the MPKK shall have your unequivocal consent to process your Personal Data as defined under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 for the purpose of the Event and/or for other marketing purposes; and (6) you may receive marketing materials from Sponsors/Co-Sponsors, and MPKK.
10. Privacy Statement
1. MPKK may collect your data through various ways, including data and information voluntarily provided by you during registration.
2. MPKK may process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to verify your identity;
- to protect your vital interest or the vital interest of another person in a case where the consent cannot be given by or on your behalf (if applicable);
- to detect and prevent fraudulent activity;
- the administration of justice or prevention or detection of a crime, investigations, public interest or legal proceedings;
- the execution of any functions conferred on any person by or under any law or was required or authorised by or under any law or by the order of a court or any administrative or regulatory bodies having jurisdiction over the matter;
- establishing, exercising or defending legal rights;
- to contact you and maintain communication with you;
- our internal record keeping;
- to send you seasonal greetings, messages or public service announcements; and
- any other purposes which you have explicitly consent to, whether contained herein or otherwise.
3. MPKK may share your personal data with third parties such as Event Sponsors, Co Sponsors, Partners, etc.
4. You hereby confirm that you have read this Privacy Statement and you fully understand the contents and extent of this Privacy Statement and therefore signify your voluntary, explicit and unconditional acceptance and consent to your Personal Data being processed by the MPKK and/or third parties (as identified in Clause 12c.) for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement. This Privacy Statement shall constitute sufficient NOTICE to you in relation to the process of Personal Data by us.
11. Force Majeure
MPKK, Sponsor and/or Co-sponsor will not be liable for any failure or delay in performing an obligation for an Event that is due to any of the following causes, to the extent beyond its reasonable control: acts of God, accident, riots, war, terrorist act, epidemic, pandemic, quarantine, civil commotion, breakdown of communication facilities, breakdown of web host, breakdown of internet service provider, natural catastrophes, governmental acts or omissions, changes in laws or regulations, national strikes, fire, explosion.
The Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia, and each Participant irrevocably submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Malaysia.