A two days Master Class (20th year running) to be conducted by master trainer - Billy Fong, on the details of how letters of credit works.
Contents of Master Class
1. Overview of Methods of Payment and Trade Facilities in International Trade
2. Trade Documents commonly used in International Trade - Bills of Exchange, Bills of Lading, etc.
3. Trade Terms commonly used in international trade
4. Step by Step detailed flowcharts and samples on how various types of Letter of Credit works.
5. Secret Cost Saving Areas in LC transactions which your bankers will not you.
6. Case studies on non-payment under LC where exporters and traders had lost millions of $$$
7. Why payment are often delayed in LC transactions and how to overcome this
8. Date of Issue, Shipment, Presentation; Date and Place of Expiry
9. Role and liability of Banks and Rights of Recourse
10. Practical Pointers when applying for a Letter of Credit (for Importers)
11. How to prepare and check documents to avoid discrepancies
12. Discussion on Discrepancies - Why, How to Resolve?
13. Practical Pointers when presenting documents under a Letter of Credit (for Exporters)
14. How to avoid Pitfalls and Traps in the use of Letter of Credit?
15. Detailed checklists for Exporters and Importers
16. Concept of Confirmed Letter of Credit
17. Application of UCP600 and ISBP in Letter of Credit
18. Back to Back LC and Transferable LC