Budgeting lies at the heart of business management, yet businesses often encounter financial difficulties as a result of either inadequate planning or errors within the compilation of the budgets.
This programme takes a practical approach to financial planning for the organisation and considers the following:
- The planning process and how to improve it
- The compilation of budgets – who needs to be involved and why;
- How to identify potential problems arising and suggests actions which can be taken
- Ways of improving financial control using effective management reporting
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Professionals responsible for budget preparation and management reporting
- Process owners who require a more in-depth understanding of integrated planning and budgeting techniques, along with Financial planners and cost analysts
- Anyone with direct planning and budgeting responsibility, as well as advisors, accountants and business consultants
- Implement advanced planning and control techniques into your budgeting process
- Integrate the budgeting process with the development of the company’s long-term strategic vision
- Successfully build an integrated planning, budgeting and reporting process
- Apply management tools to the budgeting process that contribute to strategic goals
- Identify key performance indicators for effective and focused decision making
- Increase profitability and performance through stream lined planning and reporting
The training methodology combines presentations, discussions, team exercises and case studies. Delegates will gain both a theoretical and a practical knowledge of all the topics covered. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result delegates will return to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned.
All delegates will receive a comprehensive manual of the programme to take back to the company, which will serve as a useful source of reference in the future. In addition, all delegates will receive a CD containing a soft copy of additional material such as Excel models used during the programme.