This programme has been designed for people already in a staff management position, or those about to take up an appointment, who want to review their management style, explore the latest thinking and models for effective management and leadership, and develop their skills to become excellent in their roles.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Professionals and technical staff who are preparing to take up a managerial role
- Review their personal management style
- Investigate the differences between management and leadership
- Be able to build and develop high performing teams
- Analyse and put into action the latest research in employee motivation
- Learn simple but effective tools to manage performance
- Develop flexibility in influencing style to be able to handle different situations
- Learn to think and plan strategically
- Be able to generate commitment and confidence
- Manage change proactively and positively
- Take charge of their own continuing development
This programme uses questionnaires, exercises, case studies, presentations and group discussion in an active and participative way supported by reading and reference materials.
This programme will share models and research findings from around the world and compare these with participants’ own experiences to identify the models and skills that define excellence in management in today’s environment. Participants will be challenged on their current practices and helped to develop new skills and use tools that will enable them to return to their organisations with increased impact.