Projects are becoming increasingly complex and sophisticated, but project work is sometimes performed by competent professionals who may have little or no leadership training in a project environment, particularly in the skill of conflict management. Modern organizations cannot afford anything less than competent project management and project team members must work positively together and recognize conflict as an opportunity for making better decisions. Establishing and maintaining team leadership skills, productive work team environments and leading teams in activities to meet goals is a challenging, every-day part of a project leader’s life.
This programme focuses on some project leadership skills necessary in project situations where a diverse group of team members works to achieve productive success. Tight budgets and deadlines demand high levels of performance from a team that is frequently changing, often diverse in its makeup and where the working environment presents fresh challenges on a daily basis. Conflicts can be frustrating, even painful, but dealing with conflicts is a project leader’s role. Some people want to avoid conflicts altogether rather than try to resolve them and that is not the best way to have a successful project outcome. Conflicts, if properly resolved, provide some good since they represent diverse views of a project. These diverse views can work to move a project forward if handled correctly. Properly handled conflicts can make team members more mature and team members appreciate other people’s points of view. Conflict resolution skills are a must have for today’s project professionals.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This programme is for project managers, project team members and anyone who wants to ensure that they are maximizing their ability to handle disagreements and conflict constructively. Because of the universality of the principles and techniques covered, the programme will be of great value to anyone managing or involved in projects regardless of their professional background or industry
It will give the participants the awareness, understanding and ability to effectively deal with conflict and professionally act in conflict situations that require the use of proper communication and negotiation skills
- Understand leadership and its role in the development of project teams
- Gain greater skill in working in the role of project leader
- Understand the role of stakeholders in a project
- Develop communication and human interaction skills to develop successful project teams
- Develop techniques to deal with organizational change
- Understand the role of the project leader in building an effective team and conflict management skills required to promote and sustain team performance
- Learn crucial conflict resolution skills
- Understand the significance of the leadership skill of conflict resolution to the project team and the impact of these skills on project performance
- Be able to adapt conflict resolution process to different styles of people
- Master different aspects of communication skills
- Identify ways to communicate with others in a manner that better relates to their particular style
- Develop positive attitudes that continually seek synergy and win-win outcomes in conflict situations
This programme is a highly interactive and practical. Participants learn through a range of teaching and personal development methods including presentations, tutorials, real life case studies, worked examples, short team exercises and video presentations. Active participation and involvement will be encouraged throughout the programme to promote the sharing of ideas and expertise within the group. This enables participants to develop their communication and conflict resolution skills.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc. EuroMaTech has been reviewed and approved as a provider of project management training by the Project Management Institute (PMI).
EuroMaTech, as an Endorsed Education Provider (EEPTM), is approved by IIBA ® to offer Business Analysis training programmes in alignment with the BABOK ® V2.0. Participants attending this training session are entitled to receive:
- IIBA ® 25 Professional Development Hours for initial certification, or
- IIBA ®25 Continuing Development Units for recertification.