This programme explores and explains how to apply relevant skills underpinned by contractual knowledge to manage risks, disputes and opportunities that may arise during the life of a contract to achieve a successful outcome. This highly interactive 5-day programme is designed for the programme participants to practice and develop the key facets of advanced contract management skills – all underpinned by the detail of the contract.
This programme is designed to:
- Explore the advanced skills to enhance performance in contract selection, development and management
- Enable participants to practice and develop their contract management skills
- Help participants to begin immediate implementation of the steps needed to create maximum total value for their organisation
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This intensive 5-day programme is suitable for personnel from all industrial fields and different purchasing methods:
- And all others who are involved in the planning, evaluation, preparation and management of suppliers and contractors that cover the acquisition of materials, equipment, and services and who are in organizations whose leadership want high levels of competency in those involved in these activities.
- Understand the contract complexities that need managing
- Understand the legal framework in which contract management takes place
- Explain the practical steps in obtaining and analysing performance data
- Be more effective in contract management activities
- Select appropriate type and form of contracts for different situations
- Anticipate problems and manage risks
- Integrate contract management with contract needs
- Understand the best means of handling disputes and performance issues
The programme will combine conventional teaching with a high level of participation; including an interactive approach to involving participants in discussion of topics; exercises; and encouraging participants to bring their own experiences forward for discussion and debate.
The programme covers the contracting process from tendering and award, through planning and management to close out and resolution of disputes. The intention is to further improve current skills with application to a wide range of contractual situations, and to allow participants to have an awareness of practices in other areas and other industries which may add value to their own situations.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc. EuroMaTech has been reviewed and approved as a provider of project management training by the Project Management Institute (PMI).