Purchasing is one of the most important functions for successful organisations. Selecting and applying the appropriate methodologies to ensure value for money, and high quality delivery by suppliers, requires collaboration across all functions and a strong contractual underpinning of the supplier relationship. This requires a complete understanding of the needs of the organisation, and the capabilities in the supply market. This programme is designed to:
- Explore the practices seen as leading to world class performance in purchasing and procurement, and supply chain management
- Enable participants to develop appropriate sourcing and supplier management plans
- Help delegates to develop action plans for implementation within their organisation to improve total value for their organisation
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This intensive 5-day programme is suitable for personnel from all industrial fields and different purchasing methods:
- Public Sector
- Those new to the function, preparing for a major project, or experienced managers looking for a refresher will also benefit from this programme which does assume a basic level of understanding of purchasing and contract management
- Be more effective in managing Purchasing
- Development of appropriate strategies for delivering value
- Use appropriate methodologies for managing suppliers
- Use of tendering, negotiation and other techniques
- Enhance value obtained from suppliers
- How to measure and improve the performance of the Purchasing function
- Consider how the wider business environment effects procurement
- Consider the latest advances in Purchasing management
The programme will combine conventional teaching with a high level of participation; including an interactive approach to involving participants in discussion of topics; exercises; and encouraging participants to bring their own experiences forward for discussion and debate.
The programme covers the purchasing process from specification through to contract completion. The intention is to develop general skills with application to a wide range of purchasing situations, and to allow participants to have an awareness of practices in other regions and other industries which may add value to their own situations.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc. EuroMaTech has been reviewed and approved as a provider of project management training by the Project Management Institute (PMI).