In every organization the effective expenditure of enormous sums of money and resources is dependent on successful purchasing and contract management activities. Selecting and applying the appropriate methodologies to ensure value for money and high quality delivery by suppliers, requires collaboration across all functions and a strong contractual underpinning of the supplier relationship. Then it is essential to select the appropriate contracting models for creating and managing formal agreements with suppliers of goods and service and keeping up-to-date on contracting. This programme is designed to:
- Explore the advanced practices generally viewed as leading to World-Class performance in contract selection, development and management and in purchasing and procurement
- Enable participants to determine where they are now
- Enable participants to develop appropriate sourcing and supplier management plans
- Help delegates to develop action plans for implementation within their organisation to improve total value for their organisation
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This intensive 10-day programme is suitable for personnel from all industrial fields and different purchasing methods:
Those new to the function, preparing for a major project, or experienced managers looking for a refresher will also benefit from this programme which does assume a basic level of understanding of purchasing and contract management
- Be more effective in contract management activities
- Select appropriate type and form of contracts for different situations
- Anticipate problems and manage risks
- Integrate contract management with contract needs
- Understand the best means of handling disputes and performance issues
- Establish terms and conditions for different situations
- Have the latest advances in contract selection and management
- Development of appropriate strategies for delivering value
- Use appropriate methodologies for managing suppliers
- Use of tendering, negotiation and other techniques
- Enhance value obtained from suppliers
- How to measure and improve the performance of the Purchasing function
- Consider how the wider business environment effects procurement
- Consider the latest advances in Purchasing management
The programme will combine conventional teaching with a high level of participation; including an interactive approach to involving participants in discussion of topics, exercises and encouraging participants to bring their own experiences forward for discussion and debate.
The programme covers the contracting process from tendering and award, through planning and management to close out and resolution of disputes. It then covers the purchasing process from specification through to contract completion. The intention is to develop general skills with application to a wide range of situations and to allow participants to have an awareness of practices in other regions and other industries which may add value to their own situations.