IMAST gathers leading spine surgeons, innovative research and the most advanced spine technologies in an international forum. For three days, surgeons from around the world will discuss, debate and demonstrate new spine techniques to help each other improve patient care. Course highlights include:
- Topics focus on new and advanced techniques in treating scoliosis, trauma, tumors, and degenerative diseases;
- Updates in spine technology, including motion-sparing devices, nucleus replacements, and biologics;
- Equal emphasis on cervical and lumbar degenerative; tumor, trauma, infection and iatrogenic; pediatric and adult deformity;
- Interactive format, including expert roundtable discussions, complication series, debates and Instructional Course Lectures with expert lecturers;
- 190+ scientific papers;
- 40+ exhibits and Hands-On Workshops by the world's leading spine companies;
- Podium presentations are four minutes in length and podium point presentations are two minutes in length;
- Continuing Medical Education credits.
The 22nd IMAST and 50th Annual Meeting & Course will be comprised of the latest science in the field, presented as paper (podium) presentations and E-Posters (Annual Meeting Only). Presenters will represent the best of the SRS membership, as well as non-members, from an international group of physicians and researchers. The Scientific Program and E-Posters will be selected by the IMAST and Annual Meeting Program Committees, based on a blinded review of submissions.
The 2015 IMAST and Annual Meeting & Course are open to anyone involved in the treatment of spinal deformities including spine surgeons, residents and fellows, physician assistants, nurses and other allied health professionals, and researchers. The presentations selected from over 1,600 submissions will provide valuable information to all individuals caring for patients with spinal deformities.
Abstracts for both meetings must be submitted online via the SRS website. Complete instructions for submission are available online. Abstracts may be submitted to either the 22nd IMAST, 50th Annual Meeting or to both meetings at the same time.
All abstracts must be submitted online by Sunday, February 1, 2015. No exceptions will be made.
All abstracts submitted will be reviewed and graded in blinded fashion by the IMAST and Annual Meeting Program Committees.
For Annual Meeting presentations, A MINIMUM (not average) two-year follow-up is required for all papers except those dealing with innovative methods. No patients with less than a two-year follow-up should be included in author data. Two-year follow-up is not required for papers submitted to IMAST.
Based upon abstract grading, those selected for the Annual Meeting will be assigned to a four-minute oral presentation or E-Poster and those selected for the IMAST meeting will be assigned to a four-minute oral presentation or two-minute oral point presentation. Due to time limitations, two-minute oral point presentations will be strictly limited to seven slides (title, introduction, methods, results (2), discussion, conclusion).
The review process takes approximately eight weeks, and acceptance notification will be made by email by approximately April 1, 2015 for IMAST and April 15, 2015 for the Annual Meeting.
Submission length is limited to 2,250 characters. Characters in the abstract title, abstract body and tables or images will be counted (including spaces). Characters in the author and institution listing will not be counted. There is a strict limit of one graph, figure or table to each submitted abstract. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE.
All abstract authors will be required to submit a Financial Disclosure Statement, an FDA Disclosure Form, Attestation and a Non-Exclusive Licensing Agreement during the online submission process. ALL authors listed on an abstract will be required to submit a financial disclosure form, including disclosure of ALL financial relationships, not only those pertaining to the topic of the abstract. In the event that all authors on an abstract have not completed these required forms prior to the submission deadline of February 1, 2015 the abstract will NOT be reviewed or considered for inclusion in either the IMAST or Annual Meeting programs.
Terms and Conditions
* Online registration for the 22nd IMAST is encouraged. However, delegates may also register by completing and mailing or faxing the Delegate Registration Form or Group Registration Form. All registrations will be confirmed via email. If you do not receive a confirmation within two weeks of submission, please contact the Scoliosis Research Society at +1-414-289-9107, or firstname.lastname@example.org * The advance registration deadline is June 15, 2015. After this date, registrations will only be accepted onsite. No exceptions will be made.
* The delegate base registration fee includes entrance to the general and concurrent sessions, instructional course lectures, roundtable, complications series and case discussions, debates, the IMAST exhibit hall, breakfasts, breaks, lunches, and the Welcome Reception on Wednesday, July 8. An additional $25 charge applies for each ticket to the Course Reception on Friday, July 10; to purchase Course Reception tickets, please complete and submit the Course Reception Ticket Request Form. Optional tours may also be added for additional fees, as indicated.
* The guest base registration fee allows guests to register for optional social events such as the Welcome Reception, Course Reception and Optional Tours. Individuals who are not registered will not be allowed to attend official SRS activities. Guest registration does not include admission to the sessions, meals, or the exhibit hall.
* Guests must complete and submit a separate Guest Registration Form. Guest registration gives individuals the ability to register for optional tours, the Welcome Reception on Wednesday, July 8 for $50 and the Course Reception on July 10 for an additional $75. For individual tour descriptions and pricing, please click on the Tour tab. Entrance to the scientific sessions is not included in guest registration fees. Only guests registered as Non-Member Non-Physicians will be allowed to participate in above scientific sessions and breaks. Sorry, no exceptions will be made.
* Guests wishing to attend the Scientific Program should register as Non-Member Non-Physicians by filling out a separate Delegate Registration Form. Guests that register as a Non-Member Non-Physician will receive entrance to the general and concurrent sessions, instructional course lectures, roundtable and case discussions, debates, the IMAST exhibit hall, breakfasts, breaks, lunches, and the Welcome Reception on Wednesday, July 8. An additional $75 charge applies for each ticket to the Course Reception on Friday, July 10. Optional tours may also be added for additional fees, as indicated.
* All registered delegates and registered guests are invited to pick up their registration materials and to attend the IMAST Welcome Reception on Wednesday, July 8. The reception will be hosted in the Exhibit Hall at the Kuala Lumpur Convention Center, where beverages and light hors d’ oeuvres will be served. There is no charge for registered delegates, though a ticket must be requested at the time of registration. The Welcome Reception add-on fee is $50 USD for registered guests, and a ticket must be requested at the time of registration. Dress for the Welcome Reception is business casual.
* Exhibitor registration forms will be mailed to exhibiting companies with the booth assignments in February 2015. Please do not register your booth personnel online.
* Name substitutions must be made to SRS in writing prior to June 15, 2015. Any name substitutions made onsite will result in a $100 processing fee. If the original registrant shows up at the meeting, he/she will be responsible for a new onsite registration fee.
* All cancellations must be received in writing. Delegates may fax their cancellation to (414) 276-3349 or email it to email@example.com. Delegates will receive a confirmation and refund within 14 days of receipt of their cancellation notice. SRS will grant a full refund, less a 10% processing fee, for cancellations received in writing on or before July 1, 2015. No refunds will be granted after July 1, 2015.
* Invitations letters for visa requests are available for registered delegates by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.