A unique, spectator-friendly race experience in Malaysia's dynamic new city.
Originally from: http://ap.ironman.com/triathlon/events/asiapac/ironman-70.3/putrajaya.aspx#ixzz3VrPNq5he
The Ironman event is not for the faint-hearted. If you have the iron will and determination to swim for 1.9 km, cycle for 90 km, and run for 21.1 km, then you might just cross that finish line with bragging rights. But if you don’t, it’s still great to watch the sheer physical and mental strength of man from the sidelines.
Terms and Conditions
* Check-In for all competitors in the TIME IRONMAN 70.3 Putrajaya, Malaysia will take place on Friday 3 April and Saturday 4 April 2015. It is compulsory for all athletes to Check-In during these times.
* We cannot be responsible for late arrivals so allow for mishaps when making travel arrangements. You must show identification to register – i.e. Driver’s Licence, Passport etc.
* When checking-in, please DO NOT take your bike into the queue as this congests the area and makes it dangerous for other competitors.
* Your ID wrist band must be worn at all times as this will be essential to gain entry to competitor restricted areas. There will be volunteers on hand to secure your wristband before you leave the check-in area. This is your means of gaining entry to transition to rack your bike pre-race and to collect your gear and bike after the race. All three-team members must wear the ID band. NO BAND - NO ACCESS, Do NOT remove it until after the event.
* Cut Off Times: Swim – 1 hour 15 minutes, Bike – 5 hours 45 minutes from the start time, Run – 9 hours 15 minutes from the start time.
* Please view the cancellation and refund policy see under Section 1. If you withdraw from the race during the event period please inform the ‘Drop Out Clerk’ located at the Information Tent at the Event Precinct and return your timing chip – if you do not return your timing chip you will incur a $150 charge for a replacement. This is very important to ensure all competitors are accounted for and we know you are all safe.
* Athletes must clearly display the provided helmet sticker and seat post sticker with their race number on the Bike course.
* Wearing your race bib is COMPULSORY for the RUN leg for individuals and team runners. Your number must be clearly visible. If you plan to use an elastic race number belt, then, it will be necessary to ensure the complete race number is displayed.
* Competitors must ensure that their torso is covered throughout the Bike and the run. You must not fold, cut or manipulate your race number in any way.
* All participants are required to complete the Online Registration entry form with accurate and correct information. Incorrect or incomplete information will not be entertained.
* A Race Confirmation Slip will be sent to the registered email address to confirm your race entry. If you did not receive the Race Confirmation Slip within 10 working days from the registration, please contact the Organizer immediately and/or before the closing date.
* Participants who completed the Online Registration entry form agreed to abide by the rules and regulations of the event that has been signed up.
* The Organizer reserves the right to accept or reject any entries without prior notice.
* Once the registration is being processed, there will be no refund for those who fail to show up for the race and/or withdraw from it.
* The race registration will only confirm when full payment of the entry fee has been made.
* On-the-spot entries will NOT be entertained.
* Any dispute or protest against another participant or any violation in the Event shall be made in writing to the Organizer within 30 minutes of her/his finish time. A deposit of RM100 must be accompanied with the appropriate protest form will be redunded if the protest is successful.
* The Organizer reserves the right to use any photographs or recordings of the participants for any commercial or advertising purposes without prior notice.
* The Race Director/Organizing Committee decision is final.
* To ensure that your race details are correct, please check your particulars upon receipt of the Race Confirmation Slip and report the discrepancy from your intended registration within 48 hours after entry form submit to the organizers. Any changes thereafter will be subject to an admin charge of RM10.00.
* All participants should pick up their Race Kits and Goodie Bag on the On-Site Race Registration Day which has been designated.
* Those who are unable to collect their Race Kits on that day, have to inform the Organizer in advance.
* All participants are required to attend the Race Briefing conducted by the Organizer.
* All participants must ensure that their race numbers are clearly visible at both arms and legs.
* A grace period of 15 minutes after the commencement of the race will be given for latecomers. Anyone who reports later than this grace period will not be allowed to participate in the race. Latecomers should be aware that their timings would have commenced when the race begins.
* A participant may be disqualified for the following reason(s):
(a) Refusing to follow the rules and regulations and /or instructions given by the Organizer and/or Race Officials.
(b) Consumption of alcohol, stimulants or any kind of prohibited drugs 24 hours before the race.
* Any participants decided to withdraw from the race should report to the Race Officials.
** Entry Fees are subject to 6% Malaysia GST + 6% Active Administration Fee.