KL Tower International Towerthon Challenge is a signature sports event for Menara Kuala Lumpur for the past 14 years. This staircase run has gained much popularity amongst local and international sports enthusiasts, young and old, to challenge the tower with 1 km run uphill before conquering 2,058 steps and reaching the top level at 283 meters above ground level. This event has become the spotlight of media attention over the years.
Since the inception of KL Tower International Towerthon Challenge in 1998, this event has been recognized and supported by Tourism Malaysia in the calendar of events. As such, in conjunction with the 14th year event, the next KL Tower International Towerthon Challenge 2015 will be the third Towerthon event to be held during sunrise, which will be held on 17th May 2015.
In a nutshell, the development of Towerthon has resulted in the formulation of a great sport, thus creating a healthy lifestyle and engaging closer ties among Malaysians and foreigners who participate in the race.
Finisher Medals & Certificates of Achievement
Those who complete the race are entitled for a finisher medal and an e-certificate. e-certificates will be made available online at http://championchip.com.my/ecert/www/towerthon2015.html, the following day after the event.
If you face any problems downloading or printing these certificates, kindly contact us before the 31st of July 2015 .
Collection of Running Number & Running Chip
All participants will receive a running chip in addition to their number (bib). No transfering of number (bib) is allow for any reasons and participants are required to produce the official receipt when collecting their number (bib) at:
Venue : Muzium Telekom, Jalan Raja Chulan, 50200 Kuala Lumpur
Date : 15 May 2015 (10am-8pm) & 16 May 2015 (10am-6pm)
All participants are invited for a trial run on:
Date : 13 May 2015
Venue : Menara Kuala Lumpur
Time : 5.00pm to 9.00pm
Entry Closing Date: May 11, 2015 6:00pm or 3,500 participants whichever comes first.
Registration at: http://event.themarathonshop.com.my/kl_tower_international_towerthon_challenge_2015-c-list.aspx
Terms and Conditions
* Individual participation is open to all nationalities. Disabled category excludes the following: dwarf, blind deaf and mute.
* Participants must be aged 13 years and above. For the purpose of age verification, the age of participants should be taken as at 31 December 2015. The race category is based on the qualifying age of the participants.
* All entries MUST be on the prescribed forms. Photocopies of entry forms are also accepted.
* Entry forms are also available at Menara Kuala Lumpur Sdn. Bhd., on our website: www.menarakl.com.my & www.themarathonshop.com.my
* All entry fees MUST be in cash/money order/postal order terms payable to Menara Kuala Lumpur Sdn. Bhd.
* No refunds will be made for incorrect or multiple entries or participants who wish to withdraw from the competition.
* All registered participants will be issued a receipt as proof of registration and this should be produced during the collection of running tags.
* Incomplete entries, i.e. not accompanied with fee, will be rejected.
* Proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of entry. However, for the purpose of verification, competitors are advised to bring along their PO/MO slips or official receipt as proof.
* Participants are encouraged to register online (1st February 2015 onwards) at www.themarathonshop.com.my or alternatively personally submit their entry fees to:
KL Tower International Towerthon Challenge 2015,
Menara Kuala Lumpur Sdn. Bhd.
No. 2, Jalan Punchak Off Jalan P. Ramlee,
50250 Kuala Lumpur.
* Registration from 1 May to 11 May 2015 will only be held at Menara Kuala Lumpur.
* For age verification purposes, individual winners must produce an identity card (Malaysian) or passport (foreigner) when collecting their cash prize at the Secretariat Centre.
* The organisers will have the right to disqualify any non-complying participants.
* For any protest, the participants will be required to place a RM100 deposit. If the protest is invalid, the deposit shall not be returned.