Ironman is triathlon’s marquee challenge and the world’s most captivating and testing single day endurance test consisting of a 3.8km swim, a 180km cycle and a 42.2km run. Ironman has been a respected name in triathlon since its inception 31 years ago and is regarded as the pinnacle of the sport.
In 2012, more than 124,000 athletes from across the globe compete for slots at the prestigious Ironman World Championships held every October in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii. There are 31 Ironman Triathlon races throughout the world that enable qualification for 2012 Ironman World Championships. The Ironman qualifying events for 2012 include 9 races in Europe, 14 races in North America, 1 race in South America, 5 races in Oceana and 2 races in Africa. WTC moving into new direction by to have only 2 exclusive full distance races in Asia, one race in North Asia and one race in South Asia beginning 2013.
The ocean swim starts from a sandy beach on Legenda Park with a two-loop triangle out to Eagle Point and back. A two-loop bike course heads out of Kuah town on to an anti-clockwise loop from the Southeast up around Gunung Raya mountain and into the northwest. Athletes return to Kuah town for the run: four loops that wind through Legenda Park, market places and the local stadium before returning to cross the line at Dataran Lang—where the giant eagle sculpture creates a formidable backdrop for this already imposing finish line.
Terms and Condition
* Entry Fees are subject to 6% Malaysia GST + 6% Active Administration Fee for 7 Day Special Price.
* Entry Fee excludes 6% Active Administration Fee for Individual Entry Fees.
* These terms and conditions apply to all events conducted by USM Events Pty Ltd (USM). Please note that the ironman.com website may contain other terms and conditions that apply to particular USM events.
* Wetsuits are not allowed.
* All swimmers must wear the swim caps provided by the Organizer.
* All swimmers are required to wear proper swimming attire during the entire swimming course.
* Fins, paddles, pool buoys, snorkels or any swimming aids are not allowed.
* Support crews are not allowed. Any assistance received during the swim will result in immediate disqualification (with the exception of medical aid).
* No one is permitted in the swim course other than the participants and officials.
* Swimmers in difficulty shall signal the safety boat/kayak for assistance.
* If an athlete is reported for an infringement during the Swim they may be required to serve a three (3) minute time penalty at the swim exit before entering the bike compound.
* Blocking – Riding on the right side of an athlete without passing or riding on the right hand side of the Bike lane when clear of other athletes. Athletes must ride single file on the far left side of the bike course at all times unless making a pass or for safety reasons. Athletes who fail to keep left or ride side-by-side unless making a pass receive a blocking infringement.
* Drafting – Following a leading cyclist closer than 12 metres and failing to pass in 25 seconds OR after being passed, failing to drop back 12 metres before re-passing. The draft distance is 12 metres (7 bike lengths) between bikes measured from the back edge of the rear wheel of the leading bike to the leading edge of the front wheel of the following bike.
* Illegal Pass – Passing on the left.
* Littering - Discarding items, e.g. tyres, bidons, gel wrappers etc., on any part of the course except within 100 metres either side of an Aid Station. An athlete observed deliberately discarding equipment, bidons or rubbish/trash on the course other than when entering or leaving an Aid Station will receive a littering infringement.
* Helmet – Always have your chin strap securely fastened when moving with your bike.
* Penalties - It is the competitor’s responsibility to stop at the next penalty box. Failure to report if required to, will lead to disqualification.
* An athlete may crawl in the finish chute; however the athlete will be assessed by medical staff and may be withdrawn from the race.
* Athletes must wear their race bib on the front of their run top or race belt and the number must be visible at all times on the course.
* Bare torso is not permitted.
* For more detailed terms & conditions, please visit website: http://ap.ironman.com/triathlon/events/asiapac/ironman/malaysia/register/terms-and-conditions.aspx#axzz3XAvnmTFD