The main highlight of the World Harvest Festival (WHF) is the theme play which had received rave reviews from the media in the past. The WHF theme play utilises the lake, ethnic houses and trees as natural props which can only be produced in the Sarawak Cultural Village. Each year the play takes on a different ethnic theme. In 2014, it was based on a Bidayuh legend.
Along with sampling of traditional food and crafts of the ethnic communities of Sarawak, there will also be a series of joint workshops by the local and invited cultural troupes.The ethnic beauty pageant lends colour and vibrancy to the event whereas brawn comes in the form of the Ironman World Harvest Festival competition.
The World Harvest Festival (WHF) is an ethnic festival that is one of the highlights of the Gawai Dayak celebration, the largest in Sarawak in terms of the community involved. WHF provides the opportunity for the non-Dayaks to understand the cultures, traditions and aspirations of the Dayak community. This will be the 11th year in the running.
Terms and Conditions
* Tickets are available at Sarawak Cultural Village's ticket counters.
* For more information, please contact: Puan Grace at 019-8398386 or Puan Arnida at 010-2375072.
* SCV General line at 082-846108 / 846411.
* E-mail : email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Website : www.whf.com.my / www.scv.com.my.
* Facebook : World Harvest Festival.