You will be entered in the oldest rainforest in the world, feel the difference!!!!
THE RACE The RBIB2015 is about the journey - discovering that adventure is everywhere. It is about challenging competitors, taking them to new places and out of their comfort zone. It is about showcasing incredible landscapes and providing regions an opportunity to connect people with places.
If you have been searching for that next big challenge or for an adventure that will create memories that will last a lifetime then the RBIB2015 is your event. The journey that RBIB2015 will take you on will be life changing expanding your physical and mental capabilities. This growth will impact not only your sporting life but also your personal and work life.
RBIB2015 will take racers to the wilds. Teams will navigate through spaces rarely visited. They will encounter challenges as they traverse demanding landscapes in all weather conditions.
Iron bound Challenge series, the greatest adventure racing in Malaysia, it has entered into 9 editions organized since 2002.
Royal Belum Rain forest is located in Perak, Malaysia, was chosen to be the battleground at the 9th edition, this rain forest area covering 290,000 hectares, while at the top of this rain forest in the dense forest cover 117,500 hectares, is the oldest rainforest on earth.
OPEN - CLOSING CEREMONIES
The opening and closing ceremony will take place in BELUM RAINFOREST RESORT, PERAK, MALAYSIA Opening ceremony will be on October 10th and will include a welcome by sponsors, dinner, teams presentation, and an official photo with the race’s jersey.
The closing ceremony and party will be held on October 12th. It will include acknowledgment to the sponsors, prizes ceremony, dinner, and culture performance.
The disciplines for The 9th Royal Belum Iron Bound Challenge will be bamboo rafting, kayak (lake and river), mountain bike, trekking, ropes, orienteering and task force.
Each team will be supplied timing devices, SPORTIDENT AIR+.
Race format will be 2 days stage race with cut off time 10 hours for each day.
Team of four ( 4 ) - ( 3 men and 1 women )
The fee for “The 9th Royal Belum Iron Bound Challenge” will be 2,500 MYR per team.
Team registration please log on to www.myraceonline.com
- LOGISTICAL SUPPORT FOR EVENT
- ON-SITE SEARCH, RESCUE AND EVACUATION TEAMS FOR EMERGENCY FIRST AID
- GARMIN OREGON 600 GPS TRAIL
- KAYAKS FOR THE EVENT
- SPECIAL DISCIPLINES EQUIPMENT
- FINISHER MEDAL TO ALL TEAMS
- SOUVENIR TO ALL TEAMS
- ALL RACE MAPS FOR YOUR TEAM
- OFFICIAL RACE VEST
- IRON BOUND EVENT SHIRT
- TEAM TRACKING AND PROMO IN WEB SITE
- PRE-RACE DINNER
- POST-RACE DINNER AND PARTY
- RACE PACK WITH GOODIES AND EVENT PRIZES (DEPENDENT ON SPONSORSHIP)
* THERE WILL BE A LIMIT OF 50 TEAMS.
Terms and Conditions
* Cancellation Policies - If the team decides not to participate, and deposit has been made, teams will receive:
- If cancellation is done before 31st May, 85% reimbursement.
- If cancellation is done before 31st August, 50% reimbursement.
- If cancellation is done after 30th September, no reimbursement.
* For RACE PROGRAM / TENTATIVE, please visit website: http://www.malaysiaarsport.com/resources/RACE%20PROGRAM.pdf
* For CASH PRIZE, please visit website: http://www.malaysiaarsport.com/resources/CASH%20PRIZES%20RBIB.pdf
* For SAMPLE MANDATORY EQUIPMENT, please visit website: http://www.malaysiaarsport.com/resources/SAMPLE%20MANDATORY%20EQUIPMENT.pdf
* For RULES & REGULATIONS, please visit website: http://www.malaysiaarsport.com/resources/Rules%20%26%20Regulation%20RBIB%202015.pdf