KUANTAN 160 is an open road cycling event covering 160km around the city of Kuantan in the East Coast of Malaysia. The inaugural event was held in March 2012 organized by a group of cycling enthusiasts from Kuantan. Later the Ministry of Tourism & Culture (the Ministry of Tourism) Pahang made Kuantan 160 its official event and was fully supported by the Pahang State Government. The first event managed to attract 850 local and international riders. In 2014 more than 1900 cyclists participated with more than 400 international riders.
Initially we were thinking of hiring 3rd party vendor to handle our registration but unlike last year, this time we expect the cash sponsorship will be minimal. Therefore we decided to manage our own registration just like always. For the same reason we also increase the fee a bit to match the current century ride events all over Malaysia these days. The early bird price is RM120 and the offer is valid till 15th March 2015. Beyond that, the fee shall be at RM150. We encourage riders to register early because this will help us in all preparation. We accept Paypal, or credit card payment via PayPal. You do not need PayPal account to register, you can use your credit card at PayPal portal or you can also bankin to Mr Azam Fauzi’s account, who is still in charge of the registration. However the system allow you up to 48 hours to confirm your registration before it remove your name from registration. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also accept team registration. But for each online registration, only 10 names can be submitted. This is to prevent time-out by the browser. You will be helping us a lot by using the online form. For that we thank you.
This is the original KUANTAN160 format and it is NOT a race. The ride will be on the 7th June 2015 (Sunday). Participants will be challenging themselves to complete the grueling 160km with fellow friends. The ride is paced only at the first few kilometers (rolling). Timing chip will be provided. There may be intermediate timing station. Only those who completed 160km will be considered as a finisher and will receive the certificate.
Since the aim is to challenge oneself, there will be no prize money offered but we do honour those who performed well based on the following age categories:
Open – Below 35 years – Top 5
Junior Master – 35-44 years – Top 5
Master – 45-54 years – Top 5
Veteran – 55 years & above – Top 5
Women – Top 10
Ranking for the online certificate shall follow gate time.
Gun Time means the time measured from the flag off till the rider reaches the finish line.
Gate Time means the time from the moment the rider pass the Starting line till the rider reaches the finish line.
Every registrant is entitled to get:
- Event jersey
- Riding plate
- Timing chip
- Packed food after ride
- Finisher medal upon completion of 160KM
Race Kit Collection:
- Date: 6.6.2015
- Time: 11:00am - 8:00am
- Venue: MS Garden Hotel, Kuantan
Terms and Condition
* Please download this Waiver/Indemnity Form at http://www.kuantan160.com/v1/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/form_indemnity1.pdf, sign and bring along during the registration.
* All Riders must check and service their bikes before the Event, and ensure that their bikes are roadworthy prior to the start.
* All Riders should at all times be aware of other cyclists around them.
* All Riders are to keep to the left hand side of the road unless overtaking and are reminded to observe traffic rules at all times.
* Overtaking on the left hand side is dangerous and will NOT be ALLOWED.
* Riders are to call out when passing fellow cyclists.
* Riders, who require mechanical support or medical response while on the route, may seek assistance from security personnel, event staff or traffic management personnel.
* A rider, being a person who has entered to take part in KUANTAN160, is deemed to have given permission to the Organiser for the Organiser to collect, analyse and collate the personal information relating to that rider.
* By completing the official entry form, including through online registration, the rider signals his / her agreement to abide by these R&Rs.
* The Organiser reserves the right to use any photographs, motion pictures, images, recordings, or any other record of the Event and its riders for any commercial advertising and other promotional purposes.
* The rider agrees to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about the rider captured in the registration form (the “Registration Data“); The Organiser may contact the rider from time to time by email. Any notice sent to the email address registered with the Organiser shall be deemed to be received by the rider concerned.
* After registration, there will be no fee refund for any rider who does not in due course take part in KUANTAN160, for any reason whatsoever. Registration is strictly non-transferrable.
* The Organiser reserves the right, at any time and without prior notice to riders, to cancel the Event; or to amend KUANTAN160 cycling routes as it deems fit for the safety of the riders and/or to prevent any potential hazards in the running of the Event. In such cases, every effort will be made to inform riders prior to the date of the Event. The Organiser shall not be liable for any loss or inconvenience consequential to such changes.
* The Organiser will not accept any liability for loss or damage to any individual’s property or belongings. The Organiser also reserves the right to check any item or baggage.
* Participants to be at least fourteen (14) years of age on 1st June 2015. For all Riders under age 18, their parent or legal guardian must agree to fill in the indemnity form, when the participant is registering, failing which the Organiser reserves the right to refuse entry to that rider.
* For safety reasons, riders who do not start within thirty (30) minutes of their respective flag-off time, may be disqualified and not be allowed onto the course.
* All Riders must follow the designated routes.
* The flag-off time shall be at 7:30AM and all riders must complete the ride by 3:30 PM.
* Route officials will stop riders who are unlikely to finish the ride within the stipulated duration. Such riders will be brought to the starting points. Riders who fail or refuse to do so may be removed from the route immediately. The riders will be recorded as ‘Disqualified’ or ‘DNF’ (Did Not Finish) in the official timing.
* Distance and duration indicated are only approximate. The organiser reserve the right to amend such distance and duration.
* All riders must abide by standard traffic regulations, as well as the direction given by the police, traffic management and Event officials during the ride.
* Only Road Bikes and Mountain Bikes are allowed. No aero handle-bar allowed.
* Riders MUST NOT ride without cycle protective helmet.
* Riders MUST NOT use MP3 Players, iPods, Walkman or other mobile music devices while riding.
* The Event will take place regardless of bad weather and will only be cancelled, re-routed or stopped in extreme circumstances for safety reasons. The final decision on this will be rest with the Organiser and government officials.
* All riders who successfully complete the ride within the stipulated time and route will be awarded a Finisher’s Medal upon the presentation of their riding plate to the respective officials.
* Participants will be equipped with a timing device. Such timing devices will officially record their finishing times. All official finishing times will be posted on the website. Appeals and disputes of results must be submitted in writing with an appeal fee of MYR100 within three (3) days of the Event. The Organiser reserves the right not to entertain any appeals.
* For more detailed Rules & Regulations, please visit website at http://www.kuantan160.com/v1/about-the-event/terms-conditions/