Welcome to the world class event -The Gunung Tahan International Challenge 2015 (GTIC’15)! GTIC is a unique trial running of 24km and 50km in a spectacular rainforest mountain at the center of northern Peninsular Malaysia.
The small nature path and narrow trails will take you through the majestic mountains and valleys that are only used by locals and nature lovers especially mountain climber. Each route will encompass challenging climbs, exhilarating descents and beautiful sceneries along the way.
The race course will start from Kuala Tahan National Park headquarters, going half way up Gunung Tahan to Kuala Puteh Camp (112 m above sea level) at Kilometre 25, and then backtrack to starting point at Kuala Tahan National Park.
For the first time in history, a world class event know as Gunung Tahan International Challenge 2015 (GTIC2015) a mountain extreme sport will be making its debut on 23 – 30 August 2015 at Malaysian National Park Kuala Tahan, Pahang.
We at RA Consult Global Sdn Bhd (RACG) and National Adventure Association of Malaysia (NAA) are working closely with UIAA to ensure the success of this though man versus nature challenge. Do not miss this challenge of a lifetime. Experience and challenge yourself to the limit with this extravagant rainforest epic.
Persona Village Resort will be the world class Base Camp for Gunung Tahan and hub of extreme sports Activities. The Patron of this majestic event is YAB Dato’ Seri Mohd Najib bin Tun Abd. Razak, the Prime Minister of Malaysia.
Required equipment for 24km – Adventure Challenge:
- Hydration bag Minimum 1 liter capacity
- Basic first aid (Small roll of compression bandage (elastic crepe bandage), antiseptic cream and plasters)
Required equipment for 50km – Ultra Challenge:
- Hydration bag Minimum 1.5liter capacity
- Mobile phone – in a waterproof carrier/casing and be on roaming or on the local network Digi/Maxis/Celcom
- Basic first aid: Small roll of compression bandage (elastic crepe bandage), antiseptic cream and plasters
- Strong head lamp as it is dark first 2 hours
Race Kit Collection
Date : 29 Ogos 2015
Place : Persona Resort, Kuala Tahan National Park Malaysia
Time : 9am – 6.00pm
* Present your Id or Passport.
* Present your copy receipt from myraceonline.com for our reference.
* The race kit must be collected by the registered athletes.
* If an athlete is unable to join the race, the race kit can be collected by a representative presenting the athlete Id card or passport.
* The bib number must be worn by the participating athlete only.
Contact us at Secretariat office: RA CONSULT GLOBAL SDN BHD, Suite 3-02B, 3rd Floor Menara Athan, 161-B Jalan Ampang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; H/P: 017-6506136 / 012-3131239 / 012-2682787; Tel: 03-2163 6199; Fax: 03-2181 4659
For registration online, please visit website at www.myraceonline.com
Closing date for registration : 31 July 2015
Terms and Condition
* Race briefing on Saturday 29 August 2015 ( 5.30 pm only).
* You must wear your bib number on FRONT of you not on your back.
* You must complete the marked course on foot under your own power.
* You must stay on the marked course. Short cuts are not permitted. If you get lost return to the last sighted marking.
* Littering is prohibited.
* The Committee shall not be liable for any injury or deaths, which occurs to any participant before, during or after the Challenge.
* Do not forget your timing chip on the race day, without a timing chip, you will not be allowed to join the race.
* Race Director has final say on all matters.
* When you get to the check points you are responsible for writing you time and sign your name.
* There will be water and fruits available at all checkpoints. All other food you will have to carry for the duration of the race.
* You must obey directions of GTIC Crews if you miss any time cut-offs.
* Outside assistance from supporters is only permitted at the checkpoints.
* Please note that you have to carry a personal first aid kit.
* If you are in trouble or need medical assistance on the course you must use the emergency number printed on the backside of your race number. Please make contact to the crew and ask them to speak to our safety team. They are able to tell your exact location.
* If you withdraw you MUST informed any of our crews on the track, Please give you bib-number to our crew for reference.
* Your race number must be visible at all times on the outside of your clothing and on the front of your body. Do not cover over your race number with any backpack strap or article of clothing.
* You must carry the mandatory gear at all times during the event. Random gear checks will be performed during the event. Any participant without the mandatory gear will not be able to proceed.
* The wearing of iPods or other music players with headphones is allowed. However it is up to you to use them in a sensible and safe manner so that you must remain aware of your surroundings at all times. You must switch off music at all checkpoints ,so that you can hear directions given to you by our event crew member.
* Breaking any of the rules may incur a time penalty or disqualification.
* Any such penalties are at the organisers’ discretion and is final.
* Please print, read, bring the COMFIRMATION SLIP FORM FROM MYRACEONLINE.COM
* Basic Safety: We HIGHLY recommend to wear and to know how to use GPS; the final route will be online at least 1 week prior the race.