Welcome to the world class event -The Gunung Tahan International Challenge 2015 (GTIC’15)! GTIC is a unique trial running of 24km and 50km in a spectacular rainforest mountain at the center of northern Peninsular Malaysia.
The small nature path and narrow trails will take you through the majestic mountains and valleys that are only used by locals and nature lovers especially mountain climber. Each route will encompass challenging climbs, exhilarating descents and beautiful sceneries along the way.
The race course will start from Kuala Tahan National Park headquarters, going half way up Gunung Tahan to Kuala Puteh Camp (112 m above sea level) at Kilometre 25, and then backtrack to starting point at Kuala Tahan National Park.
For the first time in history, a world class event know as Gunung Tahan International Challenge 2015 (GTIC2015) a mountain extreme sport will be making its debut on 23 – 30 August 2015 at Malaysian National Park Kuala Tahan, Pahang.
We at RA Consult Global Sdn Bhd (RACG) and National Adventure Association of Malaysia (NAA) are working closely with UIAA to ensure the success of this though man versus nature challenge. Do not miss this challenge of a lifetime. Experience and challenge yourself to the limit with this extravagant rainforest epic.
Persona Village Resort will be the world class Base Camp for Gunung Tahan and hub of extreme sports Activities. The Patron of this majestic event is YAB Dato’ Seri Mohd Najib bin Tun Abd. Razak, the Prime Minister of Malaysia.
Required equipment for 24km – Adventure Challenge:
- Hydration bag Minimum 1 liter capacity
- Basic first aid (Small roll of compression bandage (elastic crepe bandage), antiseptic cream and plasters)
Required equipment for 50km – Ultra Challenge:
- Hydration bag Minimum 1.5liter capacity
- Mobile phone – in a waterproof carrier/casing and be on roaming or on the local network Digi/Maxis/Celcom
- Basic first aid: Small roll of compression bandage (elastic crepe bandage), antiseptic cream and plasters
- Strong head lamp as it is dark first 2 hours
Race Kit Collection
Date : 29 Ogos 2015
Place : Persona Resort, Kuala Tahan National Park Malaysia
Time : 9am – 6.00pm
* Present your Id or Passport.
* Present your copy receipt from myraceonline.com for our reference.
* The race kit must be collected by the registered athletes.
* If an athlete is unable to join the race, the race kit can be collected by a representative presenting the athlete Id card or passport.
* The bib number must be worn by the participating athlete only.
Contact us at Secretariat office: RA CONSULT GLOBAL SDN BHD, Suite 3-02B, 3rd Floor Menara Athan, 161-B Jalan Ampang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; Email: [email protected]
; H/P: 017-6506136 / 012-3131239 / 012-2682787; Tel: 03-2163 6199; Fax: 03-2181 4659
For registration online, please visit website at www.myraceonline.com
Closing date for registration : 31 July 2015