Welcome to The MEAL Run- Metro Endurance At the Lake!
In response to the growing appetite for locally held ultra races, we are serving you the MEAL, an exciting ultra endurance race around the lakes at Taman Metropolitan Kepong. We believe that this will appeal not only to your ultra running desires, but also take you to another level of challenge as well.
“Taman MetroPolitan Kepong”* Kuala Lumpur, is a former mine which has been flooded with water to form the lakes and a wonderful park. Also called Taman Layang Layang (“The Kite Park”) , it is one of the largest parks in Kuala Lumpur with a total size of 90 hectares.
So, knowing that you want to hang around quite a bit longer, MEAL has been created to cater for 6hrs, and 12hrs running categories.
Can you run 50k in 6 hrs, or 100k in 12 hrs? That’s the question, and you are the answers.
To spice up some fun and teamwork, we’ve also created a team category (2 runners in a team) for the 12 hrs run where the runners will alternate to run a loop each for 12 hours. Wouldn’t that be a lot of fun?
When the run starts at 6:30am, this park will still be filled with fresh cool air in the morning. Besides the beautiful lakes, you will also notice many exotic plant species which have been under many years of special care by the dedicated gardeners.
Runners will be running around the lakes at MetroPolitan Park in a loop course.
Each loop is about 3.8km with 30meter+ elevation gain. You’ll need to run as many loops as you can, in your chosen time category (i.e. 6hrs solo or 12hrs solo or 12 hrs team category).
In the team category, there will be 2 runners in a team. Each runner will run a loop of 3.8km, then the other runner in the team will run the next loop, then the first runner will run the following loop and so on. You can form your own team of 2 runners, or we can pair you up with another runner.
The winner of each time category, will be the runner or team that run the most number of loops.
Runner will need to check in at the “Distance Checkpoint” located at the start point of every loop. If the runner sign out, retire or the race cut off time occurred before the runner could complete his/her loop, the distance run in that uncompleted loop will not be included in the total number of loops and total distance covered.
Terms and Condition
* Enrolment fees are not refundable but bibs transferable at least 4 weeks before the race date.
* While we do not require medical certification to register for this event, participants are strongly encouraged to go for medical examination and/or consult their medical practitioner prior to registration and before the actual race day.
* For the safety of all participants, runners are advised to run on the designated path throughout the entire event.
* All participants are encouraged to be at the starting point 15 minutes before flag off time. No pet is allowed to be at the Taman MetroPolitan Kepong and to accompany the participants during the race.
* The run will be cancelled, delayed, rerouted or stopped due to reason of safety in case of bad weather or other circumstances. Registration fees however are not refundable.
* The Organizer reserves the right to cancel, postpone or change the venue, date and time for the event. There will be no fee refund if the event is cancelled for whatever reason.
* The Organizer reserves the right to limit and/or refuse entry registration.
* The organizer will not be responsible for any loss and/or damage to the runner’s belonging, special drink and supplement and etc.
* All participants are responsible for their own safety during the event. The organizer shall not be liable for any DEATH and/or damages resulting from injury, poor weather or otherwise;
* The organizing committee reserves the right to amend any rules and regulation without prior notice.
* Failure to observe the rules and regulation shall result in disqualification and no refund will be given.
* The organizer shall not be liable for any loss, injury claim or damages suffered or incurred as a result of use of sponsor’s Goods and services.
* The organizer reserves the right to use any photographs, motion picture, recording or any other record of this race and participants including commercial advertising.
* Participants do not fold the number tags and must have their number tags properly displayed at the front of the shirts with them during the entire race.
* The organizer will issue the shirt size as indicated in the registration form. Sizes are provided based on the first come first serve basis. In the event when the sizes are unavailable, we reserve the right to replace it with other sizes without prior notice.
* Medal/trophy and certificate will only be awarded to participants who have run/attended their registered runs.
* Registration fees are non refundable. The bibs are transferable four weeks before the race date of 2nd May 2015, which is 4th April 2015.