Cuisine in The Dark Experience will be organized at Hotel Maya, Kuala Lumpur on 21 August 2015.
* We are Dialogue in the Dark Malaysia (DiD), a Social Enterprise founded in 2013. Our vision is to equip and empower those suffering from blindness to become productive members of society.
* Since our establishment, we have trained and employed over 30 visually impaired Malaysians who are currently serving as DiD Guides, Facilitators and Coordinators, all to enable them to move towards a different and more positive career paths.
* In our continuous effort to prevent unnecessary loss of precious sight, we also provide early intervention assistance to diabetic patients through our Sight Guardian and Simply See nationwide programmes, in addition to numerous other events.
* As such, we are honoured to invite you to a very special charity dinner event entitled ‘Cuisine Theatre in the Dark’, where you and your Guests will be treated to an eye-opening culinary adventure of taste and sound, all in complete darkness.
Terms and Condition
Staying in the dark carries some risks. We therefore ask you to note the following:
* The entire exhibition is in complete darkness. If at any time, you experience discomfort in the dark and need to go out, just raise your request to the accompanying guide and he/she will get someone to safely guide you out to the light. You may enter the exhibition again once you are ready, subject to the timing and availability.
* All light emitting devices such as watches, cellphones, cameras, or glow-in-the-dark items must be taken off before entering. Lockers will be provided for your personal belongings. 3) Strictly no video recording or photography is allowed in the exhibition and all mobile phones are to be switched off. In the event that any light is found emitting from any item you are carrying, our employees have the right to cancel the entire tour immediately, with no ticket refund.
* Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
* You will need to keep both your hands free to move in the dark and to explore the exhibition. Please keep all other restrictive items like your coats, bags, umbrellas, etc. In the lockers provided.
* You will not need your spectacles during the tour. Do leave them in the spaces specially provided at the start of the tour.
* Smoking is prohibited.
* Outside food or beverages are not allowed, but as part of the experience, drinks can be purchased during the tour (with cash only). In the dark café we only accept cash, small change in MYR currency should be prepared as large bills are not accepted, to prevent accidental loss of cash in the darkened room.
* All visitors will be given a long cane, together with a brief introduction to its use for the duration of the tour.
* All instructions given by our employees must be followed for your own safety.