2nd ASEAN Legal Alliance Conference 2015 will be organized at St Giles The Gardens Hotel Midvalley on 14th - 15th September 2015.
* It is with great pleasure that I am writing to you with regard to the above matter. As the chairperson of the organizing committee of this conference which is scheduled to be held at St. Giles The Gardens Hotel Midvalley in Kuala Lumpur on this coming 14th and 15th September 2015, I would like to invite you to attend our conference.
* To compete more effectively in the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) which will be formed in 2015, the ASEAN Legal Alliance (ALA) was formed to bring together law firms from each of the 10 member states to provide a truly ASEAN wide legal network. The AEC will make ASEAN a common market for business, trade and commerce. However, the legal market will remain separate and distinct,
differentiated by different legal systems, languages, cultures and business practices.
* The ALA brings together business and investment-focused law firms in each of the member countries working in close cooperation to provide legal services across the whole of ASEAN. Each firm has the requisite experience to handle foreign investments and has the business knowledge to assist clients navigate through the different business cultures that prevail in each ASEAN country.
* In essence ALA is a legal service provider with 10 offices across the ASEAN region with a combined strength of more than 100 lawyers. Among other things, ALA organizes an annual Conference for associates and business partners to network and interact as well as to present to the business and legal communities the latest developments in the ASEAN region.
* This year’s theme will be “Building and Protecting Our Wealth”. The contents of this conference will focus on private wealth, the investment strategies of high net worth individuals across ASEAN, and the protection of their assets through various vehicles.