Strategic HR Planning & Talent Acquisition in Kuala Lumpur will be organized at Jalan Bukit Bintang on 7th - 8th September 2015.
* Some of the major challenges faced in human resource planning are as follows:
- People perceive that people are available in abundance in our labor surplus economy. Then, why to spend time and money in forecasting human resources? Surprisingly, this perception about human resource planning is also held by the top management.
Another problem in human resource planning is that the demand for and supply of human resources is not 100 percent accurate. Experience suggests that longer the time horizon for forecasting human resource requirements, greater is the possibility of inaccuracy in estimates of human resource needs.
- Various types of uncertainties like labor turnover, absenteeism, seasonal employment, market fluctuations and changes in technology render human resource planning ineffective. The reason being these uncertainties, make human resource forecast mere a guess far from reality.
- Sometimes human resource planning suffers from a conflict between quantitative and qualitative approaches used for it. Some people view human resource planning as a mere numbers game to track the flow of people across the departments and in and out of the organization. Conversely, others take a qualitative approach focusing on the quality of human resources like career planning development, skill, morale, etc.
- Generally, human resource personnel are perceived as experts in handling personnel matters. But, they are not experts more than often. Hence, human resource requirements estimated by such people are not realistic ones. The organizational plans based on such estimates are endangered to be flopped.
- As human resource planning is based on data relating to human resources, the same is not maintained in a proper manner in some of the industrial organizations. Then, in the absence of reliable data, it becomes difficult to develop effective human resource plans.
* To receive brochure, please visit to this website http://www.exgivagroup.com/main/3124/index.asp?pageid=142077