AK Balloon Run 2.0 will be organized at Avenue K on 16th August 2015.
* Run for your healthy lives in the city! After an adrenaline-packed kick off in 2014, the AK Balloon Run 2.0 is back! The fuchsia themed fun run will congregate running aficionados in the city with the standard 7 km Men’s and Women’s Open category on Sunday, the 16th of August.
* Three new categories will make their debut this year, the International Men’s and Women’s 7 km Open making the run open to expats this time round and the Men's Veteran Category. The delightful Family category will also make a comeback so the whole family is highly encouraged to join in.
* What makes the AK Balloon Run special is that runners are required to run with four balloons tied to their body, which is to be carried with them throughout the race. Each balloon remaining once the runner completes the race then acts as a time booster to the official finishing time achieved, deducting 5 seconds
* The scenic route will take runners through the heart of the golden triangle passing by the iconic twin towers on Jalan Ampang, through the skyscrapers and landmarks on Jalan Pinang, Jalan Binjai and Jalan Mayang, then finally completing the race over at Avenue K’s main entrance on Jalan Ampang again.
* Top three winners in the Men’s, Women’s and Family categories will be rewarded with cash prizes while the remaining top 10 qualifiers will receive prizes. The top 1500 finishers overall will receive medals while everyone who participates gets a goodie bag and a t-shirt.
* Race Kit Collection Details:
- Date :14 & 15th August 2015 (12noon - 10pm)
- Venue : Spanish Steps, Level 3, Avenue K, 156, Jalan Ampang, KL