National Unity Conference will be organized at Institut Integriti Malaysia on 16th September 2015.
* The purpose of this conference is to provide a platform for discussion on pertinent issues such as national unity and nation building. These discussions will focus on past, present and future issues.Unfortunately, the discourse we see today is plagued by a lack of historical perspective and progressive vision. This has allowed various actors to alter and tilt the narratives surrounding our nation and its history at will to suit their agenda. The future leaders of Malaysia must have an accurate picture of its past and be able to dissect the contending visions of national unity. This conference ultimately hopes to give its participants new insights into the history of our constitution, the sentiments on the ground and the aspirations of present leaders for tomorrow.
- To educate the audience and raise awareness of national unity in Malaysia
- To have an in-depth discussion amongst speakers and participants on the national unity in three main sector namely: racial and religious, economics and social and political perspective.
- To broaden the conversation of national unity beyond what is currently being publicly debated, focusing on solving the problem of national unity in Malaysia.
- To discuss critically on the national unity and facing the challenges to the achieve of
* Confirmed Speakers:
- Tengku Razaleigh Hamzah (Member of Parliament for Gua Musang)
- Dato' Seri Nazir Razak (Chairman, CIMB Group)
- Lim Kit Siang (DAP Parliamentary Leader)
* For ticket information, please visit to this website http://www.eventbrite.com/e/nation-building-unity-and-the-malaysian-dream-yesterday-today-and-tomorrow-tickets-17614278782