MUSIC: Tomonari Tsuchiya Piano Recital will be organized at Cheng Ho Tea House on 19 November 2015.
* Tomonari Tsuchiya, born in Tokyo in 1987, began his piano studies at the age of six with Vicky Goon Menliew and later with Shane Thio from Singapore Symphony Orchestra. Soon after he entered Royal Irish Academy of Music in Dublin at the age of fourteen with a full scholarship, he started to win prizes at both national and international competitions and gave his first recital in front of the Irish President at her residence and Russian Federation Embassy in Limerick.
He currently holds fourteen prizes including the 3rd prize International Piano Competition Named after S.V. Rachmaninov in Veliky Novgorod, Russia and 2nd prize Kawai Asia International Piano Competition in Hong Kong.
Since then, he has been giving recitals ranging from charity concerts to various church lunch time recitals including St. Martin’s in the Field, Schott’s at Great Marlborough, Garrick Club in London, Russian Cultural Centre (for the Russian Ambassador), Malacca, M.K.Joyworks in Petaling Jaya, Tawau, No Black Tie and Plenary theatre in Kuala Lumpur.
Among master classes he attended, the most influential renowned pianists and professors includes Pavel Nersessian, Pascal Roge, Edmond Battersby, Andrei Pisarev, Christopher Elton, Stefania Passamonte, Emanuel Krasovsky and Boris Berman.
In 2005, he left Royal Irish Academy with honours along with his Professor, Deirdre Doyle, and continued his studies in France with Russian Pianist, Roustem Saitkoulov and at Ecole Normale de Music in Paris with Prof. France Clidat where he was awarded 3rd prize Hubert de Luze Loris Talmart.
A few years later, he moved to London and expanded his repertoire even more with eminent music professor ,Benjamin Kaplan. He then further extended his studies at Guildhall School of Music with Martin Roscoe, Noriko Ogawa and Peter Bithell until he graduated with honours in Master of Performance in 2014.
Currently, Tomonari resides in Kuala Lumpur giving solo recitals, master classes, accompaniment as well as chamber music in collaboration with other musicians.
* Each Voucher:
- One FREE Tea Drink (Pu Er or Lemongrass Ginger Tea)
- Giraffe Deck
- Puppet Theatre
- Ancient Peace Bell
- Cheng Ho's Wishing Well
- Cheng Ho's Navigation Map
- Baba Nyonya Porcelain and Antique Exhibition
- Panoramic View of Old Malacca City from the Skydeck
- 1st Kapitan House & Ma Zhu Shrine
- 10% discount on all F&B at Cheng Ho Tea House
* For online registration, please visit to this website http://www.ticketcharge.com.my/en/current-events/music-tomonari-tsuchiya-piano-recital