Mathematics Specialists in International Schools (Course 2) will be organized at International School of Kuala Lumpur Secondary on 23 - 25 March 2016.
* MSIS is a 2 year Mathematics Specialist program for K-8 teachers. The program is a coherent sequence of 5 Institutes designed to expand teachers' understanding of the Common Core Standards, how students learn that content, evidence of student understanding, and how to work with peers in a mentoring relationship.
The institutes are four three day face to face institutes with a follow-up online component. The fifth institute is a summer institute.
Upon completion of the five institutes, participants will be awarded a Math specialist certificate from the Office of Overseas Schools AERO Project.
* Certificate Requirements:
- Attend and participate in the five 3-day face-to-face institutes during the 2015-16 and 2016-17 school years;
- Participate in online follow up discussions and requirements following each face-to-face institute.
* Registration Requirements and Process:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution;
- A valid Education Teaching License;
- Currently employed teaching in an international school for a minimum of 3 years;
- A letter of interest expressing a 2 year commitment to the project;
- A letter of recommendation from a current school administrator
- Please email the letters of interest and recommendation to Su-Yen Chan at email@example.com. You will be notified within three days of submission.
- Once approved, please go ahead and register yourself or your team.
- Registration is on a first come first served basis.
* For online registration, please visit to this website http://www.eventbrite.com/e/mathematics-specialists-in-international-schools-course-2-tickets-18340051588?aff=es2