World Travel Mart Connect Asia 2016 will be organized at Straits Quay CC, Penang on 18th - 20th May 2016.
* For more information, please visit this website http://www.wtmconnectasia.com/
WTM Connect Asia is an exciting new event bringing together suppliers of South East Asia and international travel product to meet with South East Asian and international Hosted Buyers.
Taking place 18-20 May 2016 in the beautiful island of Penang in Malaysia, exhibitors and buyers will meet in a private setting for pre-scheduled business meetings, education sessions, networking events and interactive evening functions.
By the end of WTM Connect Asia everyone will walk away feeling satisfied after two and a half days of experiencing the beauty of Penang’s culture, and most importantly making new business connections.
Relevant suppliers are selected to showcase their products and services to hand-picked Hosted Buyers. Exhibitors will represent a vast range of organisations including:
- Airlines & Cruise Line
- Attractions & Entertainment
- Hotels, Resorts , Spas, Villa & Apartment Rentals
- Destination Management Services (DMC)
- Golf Related Services
- Ground Handling Services
- Group Travel Services
- Health and Spa Services
- Private Travel Services
- National Tourism Organisations
- Regional & City Tourism Organisations
- Transport Services
Leisure buyers (tour operator product managers) are pre-qualified and selected based on their industry relevance, expertise, level of seniority, purchasing responsibility and future business potential. Hosted Buyers must attend pre-scheduled appointments with exhibitors, destination briefings and networking functions.
Hosted Buyers focusing on South East Asia and international product will be attending from the following regions:
- Asia Pacific 55%
- Latin America 5%
- Middle East & Africa 10%
- North America 10%
- Europe 15%
- Oceania 5%
Terms and Conditions
1. Only WTM Connect Asia Hosted Buyer, Exhibitor and Press badge holders will be granted entry into WTM Connect Asia. Non-Hosted Buyers, non-Exhibitors and non-badge holders will not be granted entry to the event.
2. The Organiser’s all-inclusive package for Exhibitors includes one entry badge only; any additional badges required must be purchased at $600 each.
3. Hosted Buyers and Exhibitors should be involved in or have some connection or interest in WTM Connect Asia and associated industries and should be dressed in suitable business wear.
4. Badge holders must not allow their badges to be worn by anyone else. Any failure to adhere to this rule will result in the badge holder and the person wearing the badge being removed from WTM Connect Asia.
5. Anyone obtaining a WTM Connect Asia Hosted Buyer, Exhibitor or Press badge by theft, deception or other illegal means will be asked to leave WTM Connect Asia.
6. Anyone attending WTM Connect Asia should carry some form of photo-ID (passport, photo-ID driving licence, national identity card) or other identification acceptable to the Organisers which the Organisers may ask to see.
7. Anyone attending WTM Connect Asia may not take part in any canvassing, leafleting, demonstrations, display objectionable behaviour, wear offensive apparel or be involved in any activity which may disrupt WTM Connect Asia.
8. The Organisers reserve the right to exclude or remove anyone from WTM Connect Asia who does not comply with this policy, who the Organisers reasonably consider is likely to break these rules, who is prohibited from attending the event under any applicable sanctions, laws or regulations, or for any other reason at the Organisers’ discretion.
9. No one under the age of sixteen years will be granted entry into WTM Connect Asia unless they have obtained the prior written consent of the Organisers and any such person will be required by the Organisers to be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Visitors with children will be responsible for their children and will be asked to put their mobile number on a wristband to be worn by the child.
10. Press badges for WTM Connect Asia are restricted to publishers, editors, journalists, photographers, broadcasters and web bloggers associated with the WTM Connect Asia industry. Members of the press may be required to complete an application form and produce accreditation in the form of a photocopy of a recognised press or media card, business card, NUJ card, letter from an editor or an official web address linking to a press release in order to verify their position. Press applications from advertising personnel and media sales representatives will not be accepted.
11. Official WTM Connect Asia photographers will be taking photographs and filming videos at WTM Connect Asia . Anyone attending WTM Connect Asia consents to such photography and filming without compensation and confirms that the Organisers shall be entitled to use such photographs and videos, which may include photographs and videos of visitors, for the purpose of marketing WTM Connect Asia in future, for exploitation in any and all media in perpetuity, without liability. No other photography or filming will be permitted at WTM Connect Asia without the prior written approval of the Organisers.